Have You Wanted A Pair Of Heels So Badly, But Could Not Get It?

ljhh

I would love a pair of these if they were a little less expensive, and if I thought I could walk in them without lots and lots of practice.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Great choice. I was looking at them recently. I'll be keen to know how you get on.

Ive been looking years for a pair of Red Leather (uppers) stilettos, pref open toed, All I can find are pattent in a darker red. anyone know where I might find them?.......please

Not sure if this is exactly what you want, but they are available in red too.

http://www.italianheels.com/cgi-bin/showbig2.pl?categoria=pumps&lang=en&item=3449

I pretty much live of of not being able to buy the heels I've wanted. That's basically the gist of all of my Mall visits: window shop, try on, (gain some stares :P ), leave out. Rinse (absorb the fitting, etc. of the shoe). Repeat at next store.

Formally "HHDude"

Yes.

I saw these in store, tried them on, they fit really well, felt amazing, and I loved them. The girlfriend wanted a different pair, though, and with limited funds at that time, I opted to buy her shoes. The next week, I went into New Look, and they'd sold out completely. And now they're back in stock, they only have a UK3.

http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/black-thorn-studded-court-shoes_264292301

Posted Image

I've been eyeing lately a pair of Louboutin Very Prive in black leather with the red toe, or even the No Prive in black leather. Just for kicks I walked into the Last Call - Neiman Marcus store just to see what they had, and they had 2 pairs of the Louboutin No Prive in black leather AND in my size range. Miracuously, even during this holiday season, the settee area in the woman's shoe section was empty. So I plopped down, took my sneaker and sock off, then slid my pantyhosed encased foot into the bigger of the 2. They fit but slightly loose. Then I tried the other pair. Fit like a glove. Took me a while to ponder if I should get them now...alas, having to prioritze my shopping for the ones on my list is first, I had to pass. Knowing me, when I'm ready for them, it will be gone.

Took me a while to ponder if I should get them now...alas, having to prioritze my shopping for the ones on my list is first, I had to pass. Knowing me, when I'm ready for them, it will be gone.

Oh, man. You should have gone over to the bank and got a shoe loan as fast as you could! I'm afraid you're right - when you are ready for them, you won't find them again. Always strike when the iron is hot, even if you have to borrow some cash to do it! Opportunity is easily lost...or adjust your priorities and give out lumps of coal. BWAHAHAHA!

Steve

Do they have a "lay away" plan? If they do, you could have put them on "lay away" until you could get your finances in order. Best of both worlds. By the way, what was the price they marked?

Edited by Bubba136

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Oh, man. You should have gone over to the bank and got a shoe loan as fast as you could! I'm afraid you're right - when you are ready for them, you won't find them again. Always strike when the iron is hot, even if you have to borrow some cash to do it! Opportunity is easily lost...or adjust your priorities and give out lumps of coal. BWAHAHAHA!

Steve

Yes, lost opportunity there. I went back the day after out of sheer curiosity. One of the 2 pairs were still there, but the bigger of the 2. I tried those on again, but the sling kept slipping off my heel. My foot did rest well in the footbed, but that half size does make a difference. If it was a closed heel, it wouldn't have mattered. My way of telling myself it wasn't that bad - that wasn't my first choice to get for my next Louboutin.

By the way, what was the price they marked?

The original price for the No Prive is $845. The sale price was marked at $552

Very often when I see a pair of heels which are so stunning that I badly want them myself, they are being worn by a woman. I don't have the guts to ask where she has bought them. Sometimes I go checking some shoe webshops. But the amount of shops, brands and models is infinite and continuously changing. So it feels like looking for a needle in a haystack........

Very often when I see a pair of heels which are so stunning that I badly want them myself, they are being worn by a woman. I don't have the guts to ask where she has bought them. Sometimes I go checking some shoe webshops. But the amount of shops, brands and models is infinite and continuously changing. So it feels like looking for a needle in a haystack........

"Guts" are not required, just ask away.

Telling her what impressed you about her total look would be the best compliment you could start the conversation with. Then you could say something to the effect that you want to recreate the same look and ask her from where her outfit items and/or shoes came from.

"Excuse me, but you look fabulous in those shoes. May I ask what brand they are?" "Thank you. They're Nine West" or more commonly, "Thank you. I don't remember what brand they are or where I got them. I've had them for a couple of years...." (Lots of women don't keep track of brands and models like us shoe addicts do). And so on. I've done it many times and nobody has thought it odd or perverted. Just be polite, sincere, and confident. Don't say "Those shoes look great." Say "You look great in those shoes." Emphasis on the person, not the shoes. Get it? Steve

Steve is right on with this. I will always compliment a woman that looks great especially when she has nice heels on. I remember a few months ago complimenting a very nicely dressed woman with great heels, shopping on a Sunday morning, at Walmart and she responded that the heels I was wearing looked nice to her too! Make a compliment, get a compliment in return. Happy Heeling, bluejay