Have You Wanted A Pair Of Heels So Badly, But Could Not Get It?

ljhh

i have been collecting high heels for 1 year now and i thought that with my 8 pairs i had enough, until one day I saw a friend of mine wearing a pair of mary jane platform pumps (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qhBDjhBnX1w/TMZG6hjgKWI/AAAAAAAAE1Y/8S0eR2WG8_M/s1600/office46blk-4.jpg)and I fell in love with them. she does not know of my secret love for heels, so I asked were did she buy them because I wanted a pair for my girlfriend (we are the same foot size, but I dont like to share my heels with anybody haha) she told me were she bought them but when i went to the store I got the bad news that the model I was looking for was out of stock :(

since then I cant get them out of my mind and I have been looking for them on internet with no success

, have any of you passed for a similar situation? ..

I'm often falling in love with shoes that are out of stock, discontinued or end of line. Sometimes just looking to replace a favorite pair. Thankfully I have someone to research for me. He scours the Internet for days at a time before declaring them unobtainable. They rarely are however. He's very good at it. Very comitted too. I've passed requests for searches on to him from other women here which he seems to enjoy. Ah well, there's a bum for every seat as they say. X

Not exactly. Since I live out in the sticks, I kinda thought a camo heel would be appropriate, so I had a pair in a size 10 shipped in figuring they would fit as I usually fit a size 9 to 10 http://www.ellieshoes.com/showcase/ProductDetail.asp?PROD_CD=601-JULIET-M Found out that these didn't fit at all. Sales associate said something about fabric seems to need to go one size up, which in this case means I'm out of luck.

This happens all the time. By the time you see some nice heels in the street, usually the shops are already low on their stock or completely sold out. It is only natural. One more argument to frequent the shoeshops. Of course this happens less with the very expensive designer brands. Those are more 'permanent'. But for those you have to save money for a long time. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Over the years I've gone on various quests from branch to branch trying to find a pair of heels I'm after, sometimes I don't find them but it's a joy when I do. The worst is finding them but in a damaged state, or trying them on but finding they don't fit well or look good on me. Often I've had to let heels pass by simply because I can't afford them. I think I'm less likely to get so obsessed with a particular design these days, perhaps because my collection has grown enough that I feel I can create a similar enough look with a pair I have, because it's more about the overall look and not just the heels. But every now and then that special pair of heels will come along. I find that sometimes it's enough just to see the shoe in the store window, but sometimes it's a style I don't even like much until I see someone wearing them well and think "wow!".

If you like it, wear it.

I only really can apply this to vintage shoes that are not the right size or are stupidly expensive. New shoes are easy as I am a size 7UK or EU 40. Anything too expensive can always be found later on eBay or from cheaper brands referencing the look.

well i guess i will have to move on, fortunately for me, im size 8 US so I have no problem with shoe size, maybe i can look for a similar model, I guess there are, and for the prize i wont worry because i prefer having more pair than expending a lot of money in 1 pair C:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest IronCross

Of course, with the two factors being size and cost. Sometimes I think it's a good thing most styles aren't available in size 13 as if they were I'd be completely broke.

I once saw some really nice sneakers with a 4" heel, in decent colours, and in my size (EU45), but couldn't afford them at that time. Never saw them again...still searching.

Who the heck is General Failure and why is he reading my Disk?

I once saw some really nice sneakers with a 4" heel, in decent colours, and in my size (EU45), but couldn't afford them at that time. Never saw them again...still searching.

Better to just buy them and face any consequences later I find

To find some really nice sneakers with a 4" heel, in decent colours, and in my size (EU45), is really something to jump on and I may need to if a 43 came along. That is something that is on my list. Better to just buy them and face any consequences may be the way to go.

As a young teenager, I saw a pair of 4 to 5 inch high, black patent, stiletto pumps with 6 radiating pleats symmetrically forming the toebox for each foot. The quality was exquisite and the beauty will forever make me long for them. If heels are what you desire, the unwritten law is that most likely you will always want for a pair you can never get, because they were a limited creation and the designers and/or makers have probably died and didn't leave their expertise with anyone to recreate them. The cost to make them would be so high, I wouldn't be able to afford them now either.

Well then use a debit card!

First, you need money to put on your debit cad to use it.So if you have no money.....

Second, at that time there were no debit cards in germany.

Who the heck is General Failure and why is he reading my Disk?

I have experienced that in the past....the "missed purchase and dammed if they are all gone" when I finally did summon the courage, money or whatever block there was to get them. So I have adopted the tact as Amanda has stated buy them now because they will and can disappear. But one of the problems which I come across is I find shoes/boots after they have disappeared and have become a non-produced item, but I want them now! Many fine pairs of shoes/boots have come and gone, now I just have focus on what is available in the present market, get them before they become history! Mtnsofheels

I'm still seeking the strappy patent sandals in my avatar and have been doing so many years now. Recently I went ahead and purchased a pair of heels I really liked because I didn't want to not buy them and regret it once they've gone out of stock. I've spent countless nights on the computer looking for heels I've seen and wanted and all too often I'm never able to get them again.

Edited by PatentHeel

I love the old springolator heels. I see them on ebay all the time. The biggest problem is most women back then wore a size 7 or smaller shoe. I wear a size 81/2 or 9 and very hard to find . I have found a few pair and Bernardo shoes carried a springolator heel that where very nice a couple years ago.

Not exactly "could not get" but I tried a lovely pair of peep-toe wedges the other day, my usual size fit a little tight at the front but would probably stretch out, while the next size up felt more comfortable at the front but had a little gap at the back which would only get worse if they stretched out. The price was equivalent to $100 which is twice what I'd normally spend on a pair of shoes and I couldn't justify it when neither size was a good fit. Maybe it'd be worth trying the same sizes and different branches in case there's some variation in sizing, that's occasionally happened before.

If you like it, wear it.