Ever Wear Heels To Church

Curt

I have, but olny with rubber soles, people would hate that stilleto click-clack. I have some JS torta boots that I want to get quieter heel taps on. In church on a grocery store the floors are loud. I don't care if people know I wear heels, I just don't like the heavy noise.

I'm not the church going type, but if I were, I wouldn't care if anyone heard the heels. Chances are you're going to attract attention if you wear heels anyway, so why not go the full monty.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Yes, but nothing feminine. Block heel loafers and clogs get no attention at all.

Steve

I beg to differ. You'll get attention in the shoes you mentioned unless you're wearing pants so long, the hems sweep the floor when you walk. Heelers ALWAYS get attention, either overt or covert, it's just that the majority of people have manners and don't make asses of themselves when they see you, either on the street or especially in a church.

I have nothing to do in churches except maybe visiting them. However, if I had to step into a church, I think I won't dare to do it with noisy heels because I would consider it as a lack of respect.

Pfft! Women wear noisy heels in church all the time, and I'm sure they don't worry about that showing a lack of respect. Why should you feel differently?

Edited by JeffB

Haven't yet, and not likely too. I tend to stay away from organized religious places as they tend to be too political. Locally - not a chance. I can just see the locals making the conclusion that I now have come out of the closet, and that they need too "Pray the Gay away" as if I was for some reason. Most assuredly they will think some form of intervention will be required.

Pfft! Women wear noisy heels in church all the time, and I'm sure they don't worry about that showing a lack of respect. Why should you feel differently?

Because I feel it like that : churches are supposed to be quiet places where people commune and pray aren't they ? And I think noisy heels might disturb this quietness and praying people.

However, that's just my opinion, others do and think what they want to, including women who don't worry about their noisy heels.

Yep, many times, no big deal. Usually wear wedgies with a low heel (2 inches or less) so as not to make a "fuss." I wear heels for the comfort and style - and 'cause I like to - not to attract attention to myself. Twice folks have mentioned my shoes, once by a guy and once by a gal, both said they liked my sandals!!

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I wear heels to church often. I wear more conservative looking heels when I do wear heels. I do not wear noisy heels. I often wear stacked heels, and block heels but no stilettos. In the winter I, wear boots with heels also. I have never been criticized for wearing heels. Often get compliments from the ladies on my choice of shoes or boots that I am wearing. Even some men look at my shoes when they see me. I will wear black patent, red and white heels to church. God is happy that you are in his House and what kind of shoes you wear doesn't really matter to Him! Happy Heeling, bluejay

I've worn 4" brown clogs, 4" black clogs, and 5" Frye harness suede boots under boot cut jeans. Though not strictly heels I have worn 21" Frye Campus boots (both grey pair and maroon pair) with skinny jeans tucked in. I've gotten a few compliments as well.

No way? Cool! I saw three guys wearing kneehigh boots, with pants tucked in, on the subway yesterday. I could do that, but a wear long bells, so my feet look tiny! I'm buying some fluevog 4" high heel shoes today. They are on clearance for $200. Saw them yesterday, but couldn't sleep and had it have them. Ill post they in my gallery later on tonight! Talk to you soon!

This morning I wore the Miguel Jones 22" brown cowboy boots with the 4" heels. I had kacki skinny jeans tucked in and a maroon turtleneck. Got several compliments on them. This is their debut wearing outside the bedroom. I got the Uggs sheepskin insoles trimmed and installed in them. That makes all the difference in the world. I could stand and walk all day with those insoles. Finally getting cooler now, though it got hot later in the day. I changed into the 19" Steve Madden boots for my outing later.

• 3 weeks later...

For years I have worn both my westernranch 3" or my Miguel Jones 3.5" Cowboy boots. For the past two years I regularly wear my Miguel Jones 4.5" custom cowboy boots that are black patent with burgundy toes and red leather lacing trim and red stitching. They are very fancy, and usually get compliments, even though I usually wear boot cut longer jeans with them. Tightlevisandhhboots

If i should ever go in a church again, then certainly in heels. But not in my village. I am not very welcome in that church....has something to do with a real wild party a couple of years ago, when me and my girlfriend, both drunk, went in there (door was always open) and....ok, next topic, nice weather outside, yeah?

Who the heck is General Failure and why is he reading my Disk?

If i should ever go in a church again, then certainly in heels.

But not in my village. I am not very welcome in that church....has something to do with a real wild party a couple of years ago, when me and my girlfriend, both drunk, went in there (door was always open) and....ok, next topic, nice weather outside, yeah?

Tsk! I'm surprised the two of you weren't lit up on the spot like a Christmas tree from a lightning bolt! Talk about naughty!

• 3 months later...

I have gone out just a few times in my high heel boots. On Tuesday (New Years Day), went to a new church where nobody knows me, since we just moved. I took a side entrance for handicapped and senior citizens, I patiently waited while an older lady was holding the door for a senior citizen with a walker. I was hoping to help them hold the door. The lady was apologetic for holding up the doorway, which did not bother me in the least. I said it was okay, I was just hoping to draw less attention by entering in the side door. Then the older female explained to the the senior citizen, "I was just talking to the lady behind me". LOL I just love it when people see my boots and leather jacket and assume I am a lady. Doesn't bother me at all, if anything it seems to draw less attention if I can pass for a lady, then they forget about what I am wearing and move on.

I have to make a decision whether I'm going to wear heels to church every Sunday from now on. I kind of want to, but there are other considerations, not the least of which is the fact that my wife bought me some men's dress shoes for Christmas, and I suppose I should wear them at least some. The fact is, I don't like them too much. The style is nice enough, but they're not even real leather, and they hurt my feet. I do not keep heels I don't think I could walk at least a mile in. These flat shoes are not good for anywhere close to a mile.

I have to make a decision whether I'm going to wear heels to church every Sunday from now on. I kind of want to, but there are other considerations, not the least of which is the fact that my wife bought me some men's dress shoes for Christmas, and I suppose I should wear them at least some. The fact is, I don't like them too much. The style is nice enough, but they're not even real leather, and they hurt my feet. I do not keep heels I don't think I could walk at least a mile in. These flat shoes are not good for anywhere close to a mile.

Ask your wife if she would want to wear those shoes in a "Walk a Mile in His Shoes" fundraiser event some day. :penitent:

Steve

• 3 weeks later...