What I Am Wearing Today

Debbie, I've been looking at a pair of these (ToTheFlo) on the Nine West website. I've read all of the reviews posted and noticed that a couple of purchaser had problems with the way the shoes fit. I really like that style and would like to buy a pair but as I wear asize 10 1/2, I question if, based on the reviews,I should order a size 11, instead. Can you give me some advice based on your experience? I would really appreciate your comments on comfort, wearability and fit.

Bubba, the NW wedges that are in my pic were purchased a couple of years ago, so I cannot speak to the fit of the current style you are looking at on the NW site. For the most part, mine are reasonably comfortable and fit true to size. Oddly enough, they are more comfortable when worn without hosiery since the lining of the shoe is very smooth and the combination with hose causes my foot to slide forward! I'd go with the size you normally wear in Nine West since I find their sizing reasonably consistent. Good luck!!

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Friday and that means a more relaxed wardrobe! Today, I decided to mix it up a little and wear a pair of heels with my jeans. We're going out after work to meet some friends for dinner so I wanted to be casual but still dressy! There's just something about heels and jeans that always seems to capture my co-workers attention! ;-) Happy Friday!!

post-17953-0-75383200-1357311304_thumb.j

It's Friday and that means a more relaxed wardrobe! Today, I decided to mix it up a little and wear a pair of heels with my jeans. We're going out after work to meet some friends for dinner so I wanted to be casual but still dressy! There's just something about heels and jeans that always seems to capture my co-workers attention! ;-)

Happy Friday!!

Well, I'm not a co-worker of yours, but you certainly captured my attention with that picture! In my mind, there's no sexier shoe around than the plain, unadorned pump, and the ones you displayed look lovely. And yes, I agree that the combo of jeans and heels is exciting in it's own way. Bravo to you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Nice one Debbi. I like the look of wearing heels with jeans.

Thank you! Glad you like the look!

Well, I'm not a co-worker of yours, but you certainly captured my attention with that picture! In my mind, there's no sexier shoe around than the plain, unadorned pump, and the ones you displayed look lovely. And yes, I agree that the combo of jeans and heels is exciting in it's own way. Bravo to you!

Thanks! I've gotten more than a few looks today!

It's Friday and that means a more relaxed wardrobe! Today, I decided to mix it up a little and wear a pair of heels with my jeans. We're going out after work to meet some friends for dinner so I wanted to be casual but still dressy! There's just something about heels and jeans that always seems to capture my co-workers attention! ;-)

Happy Friday!!

I love the look too. Very well done, Debbie.

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I have to ask Debbi with skinny jeans? Hose, socks , bare? With pumps?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Happy Friday!!

DebbieNC, That's a very classic look on you. You look fab in the jeans and basic pumps. I like to wear that look too. I like to wear a slightly cropped jean, about 2-3" above my ankle so that my heels are visible. I did that just recently before Christmas when I went for my pedicure, wearing open toe Born black suede mules. Luckily the pavement was dry and I didn't have to contend with ice and snow, as I didn't want to ruin my new pedi wearing closed toe heels. Even the salon tech complimented on my look. I did get a few stares from the other ladies in the salon, but I just walked proudly in my heels in and out that morning.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

DebbieNC, That's a very classic look on you. You look fab in the jeans and basic pumps. I like to wear that look too. I like to wear a slightly cropped jean, about 2-3" above my ankle so that my heels are visible. I did that just recently before Christmas when I went for my pedicure, wearing open toe Born black suede mules. Luckily the pavement was dry and I didn't have to contend with ice and snow, as I didn't want to ruin my new pedi wearing closed toe heels. Even the salon tech complimented on my look. I did get a few stares from the other ladies in the salon, but I just walked proudly in my heels in and out that morning.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Nevermind. the answers all my questions.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

That's a super cute look Debbi, I agree the "dressy casual" look of heels with jeans is fabulous to wear. It seems surprisingly rare to see these days, which only makes it all the more attractive- it's not just fashion, it's style !

If you like it, wear it.

That's a super cute look Debbi, I agree the "dressy casual" look of heels with jeans is fabulous to wear. It seems surprisingly rare to see these days, which only makes it all the more attractive- it's not just fashion, it's style !

I agree with you about this being a good look, but I don't think it is as rare as you suggest, at least in S.E. England. It is not uncommon for workwear either, in and around London. About a month ago, I saw a slim and pretty blonde out shopping in narrow (not skinny) pale blue jeans paired with white 4" stiletto courts - a clean, fresh combo to my mind even if a little unseasonal.

Debbi, I love the toe cleavage. Very sexy. I spent the day in my black sketchers tennis shoes. My back was sore, or tired, from wearing flats.

I have to ask Debbi with skinny jeans? Hose, socks , bare? With pumps?

These were actually my boot cut jeans...my skinny jeans were at the dry cleaner!

Nice one Debbi. I like the look of wearing heels with jeans.

I love the look too. Very well done, Debbie.

Best,

Larry

Thank you, Larry!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks Bluejay! I love the classic "edginess" of pumps and jeans.

Thanks a bunch!

Debbi, I love the toe cleavage. Very sexy.

I spent the day in my black sketchers tennis shoes. My back was sore, or tired, from wearing flats.

My DH loves the toe cleavage, too! Thanks!

Today, I'm wearing a dress pump with a buckle across the toe. It's conservative and pretty standard office attire, but it still has a seductive quality about it! Thanks for all the nice comments....this has turned out to be a load of fun! (Thank god for my iPhone!)

Today, I'm wearing a dress pump with a buckle across the toe. It's conservative and pretty standard office attire, but it still has a seductive quality about it! Thanks for all the nice comments....this has turned out to be a load of fun! (Thank god for my iPhone!)

post-17953-0-03451500-1357573512_thumb.j

post-17953-0-73136200-1357573594_thumb.j

I agree with you about this being a good look, but I don't think it is as rare as you suggest, at least in S.E. England. It is not uncommon for workwear either, in and around London. About a month ago, I saw a slim and pretty blonde out shopping in narrow (not skinny) pale blue jeans paired with white 4" stiletto courts - a clean, fresh combo to my mind even if a little unseasonal.

Yes, "about a month ago" seems about as frequent as I've been seeing heels lately. Lots of jeans with converse plimsolls around, though on the plus side there are some nice knee boot styles (but mostly flat-heeled, occasionally wedges, rarely stilettos). It doesn't stop me wearing my heels and loving it, but it sure would be nice to see someone else wearing them to give a compliment to once in a while.

If you like it, wear it.

Big time bravo on the last couple of pics you posted, Debbi! Seriously nice looking shoes! You most definitely have style!

Great looking boots and jeans guys! I am loving my new Jessica Simpson boots with 5" heels, by far the easiest boots I have ever walked in! I just wish the toes were more pointed so my feet don't look freakishly small under jeans....Hope to get some pictures soon...

That's the problem when heels get hi. Most of your foot goes up and only your toes stick out. The rounded toe might be better. Too pointed and that's not good either. Would love to see a pic of the boots. I don't think JS makes anything ugly. I got about 16hrs in my JS boots on Monday. Had my enzo wedges on yesterday and today. Not sure what to wear thurs and Friday. It is suppose to be quite warm.

post-2198-0-82837200-1357759773_thumb.jp

Today has been hectic and this is the first chance I've had to post a pic of what I'm wearing today! My DH took this photo as I was leaving home this morning. So here it is....a platform pump in nude patent leather from Nine West. The platform is about 1 inch and the heel is 5 inches. He says they are HOT! Hope you like them as much as he does!

post-17953-0-44808500-1357768486_thumb.j

Today has been hectic and this is the first chance I've had to post a pic of what I'm wearing today! My DH took this photo as I was leaving home this morning.

So here it is....a platform pump in nude patent leather from Nine West. The platform is about 1 inch and the heel is 5 inches. He says they are HOT!

Hope you like them as much as he does!

I like those.

Guess I am going the week in these. Maybe I should let you ("use" for the yankees) guys choose what I wear. Some morings I can't decide, although I usually start thinking about it the day before.

Today has been hectic and this is the first chance I've had to post a pic of what I'm wearing today! My DH took this photo as I was leaving home this morning.

So here it is....a platform pump in nude patent leather from Nine West. The platform is about 1 inch and the heel is 5 inches. He says they are HOT!

Hope you like them as much as he does!

Debbie,

Those Nine West platform pumps look fab on you. Thanks for posting the pics. I also like Nine West too. Just bought a pair of Nine West booties with a 5" oval heel and 3/4" platform. They are very comfortable to wear and have had a couple of compliments from women. I recently wore them with shinny leggings and had a couple of stares too!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Your legs look fabulous in those Debbie. How do you feel about the reflective heels?

Thank you! I was not crazy about the gold heels at first because I thought they would be limiting insofar as wearing the shoes to work is concerned. But my DH convinced me that they weren't too over the top for office wear. I had previously worn them to work with pants, which hid part of the heel. Wednesday was the first time with a knee length skirt.

Which nine west did u get. Mine are lace up. I just bought a second backup pair. 4 days in my enzo wedge and 16hrs in them yesterday. Had to drive down and pick up my mom and bring her back to live with us. Long day. Not sure what this wil do for my heel wearing. She did not notice thess and if she did, she won't remember. My wife kinda gave me a hard time about them. Said they were vry noticeable. I just replied with no one looks or has noticed or even cares. I try not to wear these with her or when I go a lot of pla ces, but it was going to be a long day In them and we did not plan on going down and I already had them on

Debbie,

Those Nine West platform pumps look fab on you. Thanks for posting the pics. I also like Nine West too. Just bought a pair of Nine West booties with a 5" oval heel and 3/4" platform. They are very comfortable to wear and have had a couple of compliments from women. I recently wore them with shinny leggings and had a couple of stares too!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks bluejay! Posting the pics has been fun and I really appreciate the responses. My wish list includes a pair of Christian Louboutin "Bianca" pumps in nude patent, but right now that's on the back burner. So I saw these shoes in a Nine West store window and decided to go for it! They look really nice and I saved $700! (But I still want the Bianca!) I like Nine West too because they offer me decent value for everyday work shoes, reasonable comfort and their sizing is consistent for the most part. Have fun in your booties!! Let's see a pic in the leggings!!

Thank you! I was not crazy about the gold heels at first because I thought they would be limiting insofar as wearing the shoes to work is concerned. But my DH convinced me that they weren't too over the top for office wear. I had previously worn them to work with pants, which hid part of the heel. Wednesday was the first time with a knee length skirt.

I guess the shiny part looks really obviously shiny when you hold the shoes up, but like in your photo the reflection of the carpet pattern makes the heels blend in and look almost invisible which is a kind of cool effect. I have a pair of black suede shoes with metallic silver heels and I love the way that they reflect a little halo on the floor when light shines on the heels. I've never worn them out-and-about but I think I will now, so thank you for the inspiration.

post-12051-0-82103700-1358043320_thumb.j

If you like it, wear it.

I guess the shiny part looks really obviously shiny when you hold the shoes up, but like in your photo the reflection of the carpet pattern makes the heels blend in and look almost invisible which is a kind of cool effect. I have a pair of black suede shoes with metallic silver heels and I love the way that they reflect a little halo on the floor when light shines on the heels. I've never worn them out-and-about but I think I will now, so thank you for the inspiration.

post-12051-0-82103700-1358043320_thumb.j

I can't imagine why you haven't. Those are elegant looking shoes and would look sensational paired with a knee length skirt. I mean, it would be borderline criminal to hide such pretty shoes under pants or jeans.