Wearing High Heels With Dresses

Heel-Lover

Hi All, I have been wearing skirts for many years, and I know others here do the same. For the last 12 months I have worn quite a few dresses as well... I have even worn mini dresses! I have learnt what dress styles I think suit me, and styles that work well etc.. I don't think there is much difference between a dress and heels vs a skirt and heels..... I'm interested in your thoughts? Is a dress going too far? I'm not into the false parts/ wigs/ make up etc... but I prefer high heels with lower legs showing, that for me means shorts / skirts and now dresses I find dresses so easy to wear in the sense that you just jump into a dress, zip it up and go... They look better than a skirt and top combination They are so comfortable. Some pics of me wearing a selection of my favourite dress styles: (photos are not that good, just quick snaps this afternoon, sorry about that) post-386-0-91535900-1345359152_thumb.jpg post-386-0-02551100-1345359349_thumb.jpg post-386-0-50742000-1345359457_thumb.jpg post-386-0-82593100-1345359850_thumb.jpg post-386-0-29148200-1345359560_thumb.jpg post-386-0-78244100-1345359982_thumb.jpg post-386-0-33829200-1345360020_thumb.jpg post-386-0-33756100-1345360056_thumb.jpg post-386-0-67609700-1345360083_thumb.jpg post-386-0-24056600-1345361202_thumb.jpg post-386-0-32346500-1345361449_thumb.jpg post-386-0-04478000-1345360473_thumb.jpg post-386-0-30375700-1345360578_thumb.jpg post-386-0-38075000-1345360697_thumb.jpg post-386-0-55455600-1345360784_thumb.jpg post-386-0-02521300-1345360843_thumb.jpg post-386-0-73862000-1345360976_thumb.jpg post-386-0-40490600-1345361002_thumb.jpg post-386-0-85830500-1345361038_thumb.jpg post-386-0-73614600-1345361771_thumb.jpg post-386-0-47320800-1345361131_thumb.jpg post-386-0-58521600-1345361300_thumb.jpg far out that took some fiddling around... I think I'll sit down and have a break! post-386-0-30061100-1345361529_thumb.jpg regards Heel-Lover

• Like 1

wxman25 I wear dresses just as in the photos anytime. I wear a dress all day 2 or 3 days a week at least. Reaction is no different than if I wear a skirt and fitted top style look - which is also what I do. Reaction is usually bewildermint, mostly acceptance, sometimes its a bit of a talking point. I also go clothes shopping like that, I go to work, I go out for lunch and watch sports or go to the pub as well. Cheers Heel-Lover

wxman25

I wear dresses just as in the photos anytime.

I wear a dress all day 2 or 3 days a week at least.

Reaction is no different than if I wear a skirt and fitted top style look - which is also what I do.

Reaction is usually bewildermint, mostly acceptance, sometimes its a bit of a talking point.

I also go clothes shopping like that, I go to work, I go out for lunch and watch sports or go to the pub as well.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

Amazing!! Do you mind if I ask about your dating life?

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

WOW!! You look sensational! In ALL those photos! I am truly impressed with your incredible sense of style and that you go about in public dressed the way you like. Yeah, you sure are a freestyler in every sense of the word, and I salute you for being both bold and stylish! Given how I've just started wearing dresses myself, I'd certainly love to follow in your footsteps. And no, in my mind, you haven't gone overboard at all! Keep on keeping on, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Heel-Lover, I appreciate the work you put into posting these photos. I would imagine changing into and out of all those outfits and taking photos had to be at least a 2-3 hour investment of time. I have about a dozen dresses, two with 3/4 sleeves and the rest with very short sleeves and all above the knee. Two are formal, two are semi-formal, and the rest are the type for everyday. Unlike you I have never worn dresses without the other feminine accessories. I have been out to outdoor wedings, backyard parties, shopping, etc.in dresses, a medium length wig, hoops, long acrylic nails, and of course high heels be they high wedges or pumps or boots. While I have mixed certain other clothing articles with heels I have never worn a dress without makeup, wig, etc. I simply don't like my looks without them. Others can comfortably pull it off. Heels on the other hand I enjoy wearing with ANYTHING and ANYWHERE! HappyinHeels

• Like 1

Its probably my own problem, but looking at these pictures I feel a dissonance. I tried to understand the origin of my feeling and I think it comes from the huge difference between the very feminine body with very masculine head. May be its because i'm not used to the look ? So, its very daring but not my taste. ET

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Certainly a different look but what ever you are comfortable in is whats important. I still like the pencil skirts that you wear so keep up with them as well as part of your wardrobe

Blacksheep

I too, Heel-lover, must commend you on your choice of dress and for having courage to wear your choices openly. Given the fact that, as you say, you more or less wear this type of clothing as your normal dress, I am very curious to know the evolution of getting to the point you are obviously at tody. I would guess that you have a very inspiring story leading to this point. I would also believe that you can relate some awesome tails of adventures while in dresses and heels. I sincerely hope you decide to relate some of these experiences to us.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Great job Heel-Lover! As other have said, I have no problem with your outfit choices. As long as you are comfortable wearing them out in public, and have the courage to do so, that is all that matters!

• Like 1

Its probably my own problem, but looking at these pictures I feel a dissonance. I tried to understand the origin of my feeling and I think it comes from the huge difference between the very feminine body with very masculine head. May be its because i'm not used to the look ? So, its very daring but not my taste. ET

I am somewhat in the same camp as ET88. I really applaud your style and boldness in being able to do this so openly. You actually do look good in the outfits, but there is a certain mismatch and its probably just me, where there's a man's head attached to a mostly feminine presentation from the neck down. I myself often go out with a rather feminine appearance from the waist down, I wear short shorts, skinny jeans, and even recently skirts a few times (really a new thing for me) while in heels, but I guess I feel I just don't have the body to pull off what you are doing, but I think you do ... so anyway, kudos to you heel-lover for being able to do this.

I think that it is difficult to wear a dress without getting dangerously close to being a tranny. Which I am not1 But if I go out in a mini dress and heels I am still too nervous not to disguise myself as a woman

I disagree. Do women who wear flannel shirts, jeans and hiking boots feel the need to bind their breasts and don fake mustaches or worry that they're close to being butch when they wear such clothing? Short answer: of course not. I've gone out in a dress and heels----twice----and felt like what I was born as, a man as I felt no desire whatsoever to disguise myself as a woman. I mean, why would I? I simply present myself as a guy wearing clothing and footwear from the women's side of the aisle. No big deal. I don't know if I would be as colorful as Heel-Lover in terms of attire, but I have absolutely no problem wearing a dress in public. In the end, it all depends on the person and their level of comfort when it comes to something like this.

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 1

you sure have a great taste... I really like all the feminine styles and the colorful ones, my favourite being the navy one over the pink tshirt. The pink shoes are gorgeous too. The pink dress with the navy coat are great as well, very "business lady". And I also am impressed with your courage. Congrats!

Your blue floral dress with the blazer is my favourite of all your looks, I think a blazer helps to blend the masculine/feminine elements. Most of your other dresses seem to be short A-line with a very high waistline which totally doesn't work on me but is clearly a style you like and it works well with your long legs. Do you not find it tricky maintaining your discretion when sitting down? I find the waistline the most tricky aspect of dresses, especially tailored dresses, so I tend to prefer a skirt/top combination because it gives more flexibility for that. I agree there's not much difference between a dress or skirt/top in terms of the confidence needed to wear them, I just find a skirt/top (or trousers) much easier to create a look I feel comfortable in. On the odd occasion I have worn a dress it did feel great to wear a coordinated outfit more special than my usual bootcut jeans look, but I think people perceived me more as a transsexual rather than a guy in heels, and I feel more comfortable with the latter simply because it's more representative of who I am. Maybe that's where the "step too far" lies for me - I wear what I wear to express "me" not as a deceptive expression of something I'm not. However that wouldn't stop me wearing a dress again if the overall outfit was a good personal expression of a style I like and I felt good about how I looked in it. Thanks for posting, and as gallux said I'm also impressed with your courage.

Edited by SleekHeels

If you like it, wear it.

I disagree. Do women who wear flannel shirts, jeans and hiking boots feel the need to bind their breasts and don fake mustaches or worry that they're close to being butch when they wear such clothing? Short answer: of course not. I've gone out in a dress and heels----twice----and felt like what I was born as, a man as I felt no desire whatsoever to disguise myself as a woman. I mean, why would I? I simply present myself as a guy wearing clothing and footwear from the women's side of the aisle. No big deal. I don't know if I would be as colorful as Heel-Lover in terms of attire, but I have absolutely no problem wearing a dress in public. In the end, it all depends on the person and their level of comfort when it comes to something like this.

Right on JeffB. I totally agree with you.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I love wearing both skirts and dresses. Right now, only at home. I would LOVE to go out in public but not as a guy wearing a dress, but as somebody who looked like a woman. Unfortunately, I just couldn't pass. Maybe one day I'll get the right combination of clothes/wig/makeup so that I can pass.

I love wearing both skirts and dresses. Right now, only at home. I would LOVE to go out in public but not as a guy wearing a dress, but as somebody who looked like a woman. Unfortunately, I just couldn't pass. Maybe one day I'll get the right combination of clothes/wig/makeup so that I can pass.

Again, why do guys think they have to look like a woman to wear a dress? I'm sorry, but that's a peculiar mindset that makes absolutely NO sense.

You have some great looking dress and heel combos. I don't think it is too far because a lot of skirts simply don't go with male cuts of shirts and a dress easily fixes that problem.

Edited by Alexis Hill

It's wonderful to see your self expression is unhindered. The only thing I would watch for is how high some of your dresses make your waist. Being that the dresses are made to fit a woman's body and that they are overall shorter, a high waisted look on a woman looks even higher on you. Combine that with a lack of definition to your face and head and you might seem a touch unbalanced. Please understand that I'm in no way being critical of your choice to wear dresses. I like dresses too, but I do find with skirts you can control where you define your waist. If dresses were made for men, this issue would be less concerning. Again, congratulations on being brave enough to express yourself as you desire.

Edited by ShoeDre

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Again, why do guys think they have to look like a woman to wear a dress? I'm sorry, but that's a peculiar mindset that makes absolutely NO sense.

Jeff, you misinterpreted. Probably most guys do not believe that they have to look like a woman to wear a dress. They can, and do, just wear a dress. However, I, and guys like me, WANT to look like a woman when I wear a dress. I don't know why (maybe I was dropped on my head as a baby), and you are right as it makes no logical sense, but it is something I have desired for the better part of 40 years. And it's not particularly peculiar, as there are many men who appear as normal as any guy, whose goal would be to be able to "pass" as a woman. Again, it is NOT something we feel we have to do, it is something we would really LIKE to do. I'm a guy who has absolutely no desire to be a woman, but when I see a guy all dressed up, looking sexy, indistinguishable from a real woman, boy.... I do get jealous.

I know it must be hard to understand the desire if you don't experience it personally, I just hope I have made it a little clearer for you.

Hi All,

I have been wearing skirts for many years, and I know others here do the same.

For the last 12 months I have worn quite a few dresses as well...

I have even worn mini dresses!

I have learnt what dress styles I think suit me, and styles that work well etc..

I don't think there is much difference between a dress and heels vs a skirt and heels.....

I'm interested in your thoughts?

Is a dress going too far?

I'm not into the false parts/ wigs/ make up etc... but I prefer high heels with lower legs showing, that for me means shorts / skirts and now dresses

I find dresses so easy to wear in the sense that you just jump into a dress, zip it up and go...

They look better than a skirt and top combination

They are so comfortable.

Some pics of me wearing a selection of my favourite dress styles:

(photos are not that good, just quick snaps this afternoon, sorry about that)

post-386-0-91535900-1345359152_thumb.jpg post-386-0-02551100-1345359349_thumb.jpg post-386-0-50742000-1345359457_thumb.jpg post-386-0-82593100-1345359850_thumb.jpg post-386-0-29148200-1345359560_thumb.jpg post-386-0-78244100-1345359982_thumb.jpg post-386-0-33829200-1345360020_thumb.jpg post-386-0-33756100-1345360056_thumb.jpg post-386-0-67609700-1345360083_thumb.jpg post-386-0-24056600-1345361202_thumb.jpg post-386-0-32346500-1345361449_thumb.jpg

post-386-0-04478000-1345360473_thumb.jpg post-386-0-30375700-1345360578_thumb.jpg post-386-0-38075000-1345360697_thumb.jpg post-386-0-55455600-1345360784_thumb.jpg post-386-0-02521300-1345360843_thumb.jpg post-386-0-73862000-1345360976_thumb.jpg post-386-0-40490600-1345361002_thumb.jpg post-386-0-85830500-1345361038_thumb.jpg post-386-0-73614600-1345361771_thumb.jpg post-386-0-47320800-1345361131_thumb.jpg post-386-0-58521600-1345361300_thumb.jpg

far out that took some fiddling around...

I think I'll sit down and have a break!

post-386-0-30061100-1345361529_thumb.jpg

regards

Heel-Lover

You look great!Your freestyling is impressive and inspiring.You remain a guy and still wearing what you like in a very nice manner.Women have done it centuries ago(wearing the opposite sex apparel,not just trousers,the whole bit),hopefully men will do the same too.

Wow, I thas not a bad look! I like the minidresses with the flaired A line look and a waist! I've only once tried on a dress, and though the sales assistant thought is looked fine- a short but form fitting shift - style. I wasn't that happy. I do like the look you show when coupled witha through over the top balzer or perhaps a long sleeve shirt or open cardigan. Bravo!

Jeff, you misinterpreted. Probably most guys do not believe that they have to look like a woman to wear a dress. They can, and do, just wear a dress. However, I, and guys like me, WANT to look like a woman when I wear a dress. I don't know why (maybe I was dropped on my head as a baby), and you are right as it makes no logical sense, but it is something I have desired for the better part of 40 years. And it's not particularly peculiar, as there are many men who appear as normal as any guy, whose goal would be to be able to "pass" as a woman. Again, it is NOT something we feel we have to do, it is something we would really LIKE to do. I'm a guy who has absolutely no desire to be a woman, but when I see a guy all dressed up, looking sexy, indistinguishable from a real woman, boy.... I do get jealous.

I know it must be hard to understand the desire if you don't experience it personally, I just hope I have made it a little clearer for you.

Well, let start by saying that "peculiar" was a poor choice of words on my part, and I apologize for that. As someone on the outside looking in regarding this topic, perhaps "unorthodox" might have been better. In any event, if this is something you choose to do, hey, more power to you, far be it for me to disparage your decision.

Edited by JeffB

I did a quick fashion search with Blazer (or Shirt or Cardigan) over dress : There are many choices and IMO great looks that could be used by me i a dress. now to find one that would fit a TallGuyinheels!

And therein lies the problem as most dresses aren't made for people as tall as you and me (6-2), and if they have fitted waists, that makes them look even more awkward.

Yes Jeff, I agree. Either some kind of a sheath dress like this

http://www.forever21.com/images/model_front/00048032-01.jpg

but then with my tall torso I am looking at a VERY short "skirt" length.

That's a minor concern to me as well, but then, I like showing off my legs. It's the torso that presents problems when it comes to wearing garments made for people at least half a foot shorter than us. Yes, it is considerably easier to work with a separate top and skirt. Oh, yeah, as for that sheath dress, it does look very hot!

• 2 weeks later...

Crocs, I think your pictures are fantastic and from what I can see we have a great deal in common. I think It is about what you are comfortable with and if that means dresses, skirts or whatever then all power to you. You look great! A