Hidden Heels... Maybe Not Pointless

onyourtoes

The ones I saw advertised were for the ladies style. The first though through my mind was "Why would a lady want to hide the fact she has on a pair of heels?" They sure don't have to hide that they wear a masculine style shoe and now they want to hide a femine style too? Marked me totally confused by this trend.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They look cool. I have looked for somewhere in the UK that does the same but not had much luck. I did manage to pick up a pair from Dorethy Perkins though in a UK 9 (EU43)

• 2 weeks later...

Orphe0: Yea, I've really liked the Nike wedges, have worn them around my BF's parents, and at jobsites with zero issue. I am a bit jelous that you guys get a white/black leather version. I might go for a pair of those. I have the plain black suede and the red/black.

Here is me wearing a pair showing my mother in law how my remote camera works. :)

Posted Image

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 2 weeks later...

Orphe0: Yea, I've really liked the Nike wedges, have worn them around my BF's parents, and at jobsites with zero issue. I am a bit jelous that you guys get a white/black leather version. I might go for a pair of those. I have the plain black suede and the red/black.

Here is me wearing a pair showing my mother in law how my remote camera works. :)

Posted Image

I want those. I haven't been able to find a pair larger than size 11 (Oddly, I wear 12 in women's Nikes).

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Buffalo are making mens sized wedge heel sneakers.

http://www.solestruc...o-01/index.html

Posted Image

Pricy though, $175 a pair.

Thanks for showing these RockPup. These are the same ones that OnYourToes had in the first post of this thread.

I've wanted some hidden wedge trainers* for a few months now. (*Trainers in UK = Sneakers in the US.) But my wife, who accepts me in my 2" Jeffery West shoes, 2½" YSL Jonny Boots, and much higher Miguel Jones boots, has been very anti hidden wedge trainers - mainly because my current heels are "men's shoes" but wedge trainers are "women's shoes" in her mind. But by showing her them on the SoleStruck site, clearly listed as men's trainers, I managed to get a reluctant agreement to them (although as I take a men's 8, I was able to order for £55 from Amazon UK). The wife wasn't keen, and I agree with her that they do make my feet look a bit small, and the velcro doesn't secure them as well as laces would, but I have kept them, although I've not worn them out yet, because....

I then saw orphe0's post:

i must say i really like this trend and i plan to buy the nike when they restock in my EU43 size

fond this while looking for this (i like the puma too lol)

http://www.polyvore.... wedge sneakers

I really liked the look of the Puma MY-66, because I feel they look less feminine and less like wedge trainers than most of the other hidden wedge trainers on the market. They are a rather cool re-working of a classic puma men's trainer, which I have attached a comparison (2nd) picture below.

Building on the slight acceptance of the Buffalo 2208 I got from my wife, she (again reluctantly) agreed that I could order a pair of US size 9.5 in black (1st picture attached below). Whilst they were on order I came across a pair in orange in a shop in Covent Garden, which I tried on (3rd picture attached - note the white version, & my Jonny boots in the background).

I'm really pleased with the Puma's. They feel possibly quarter of an inch lower than the Buffalo trainers, but are better quality, much more comfortable, more secure on my feet, and I think they look much better, although they still make my feet look small. I've worn them out quite a few times and would recommend them to anyone. The US 9.5 are a little tight on my UK size 7½-8 feet, but OK. Black appears to be almost sold out everywhere, but they have other colours and are now introducing a different design based on the same trainer.

However they have caused some friction with my wife, which I may post more about in a separate thread when I have some more time.

Attached Pictures: Black MY-66 as I ordered / Original inspiration for the design / Trying on Orange MY-66.

post-548-0-49254000-1363441279_thumb.jpg

post-548-0-21291000-1363442217_thumb.jpg

post-548-0-01599100-1363442537_thumb.jpg

I just got today my buffalo wedge sneakers, buffalo 2208 Men model but it is called also Gigerwa on spartoo for those of you that are in Europe. I paid € 132 with ups shipping included and they arrived in 4 days. I only could get them in size 41 (Europe) and have no problem in general expect for the fact that they are a little small on the base but I guess this is because it is the women's design.... While purchasing I showed to my wife and she said nothnig, today I showed them to her while wearing them and she actually liked them and did not know/ notice the wedge until I told her and even after that she said that these looked ok compared to some other wedge boots I have... Today I styled them with some bootcut jeans just to be safe and they are ok (expect maybe for the fact that the feet seem a little shorter but no big deal...), but I will try with some tighter jeans in the next days. By the way if you are into wedge trainers/ sneakers, I found this site which migh surely be of interest: www.wedgetrainers.com

well, my NOT RATED black boots (the ones in my avatar) have sort of "hidden heels" as part of the over all design, I think that look good, but found out just yesterday that they are better suited for wearing with thin hose & around the house only :rocker: so I can wear them any time I please for that reason. cheers all

I saw these shoes at a store from the Netherlands (you guys probably can't read the info but the pics are clear). http://www.sarenza.nl/mustang-shoes-naima-s791911-p0000067628 I think these shoes look very masculine, and the heel is very well conceiled. I would have no problem wearing these outside the house when it's dark (I'm still new to this and shy). The problem is that I don't want to spend 80 euros (around 100 dollars) on a pair of shoes I don't wear every day. I haven't got a big budget available, as I'm a student without income. What should I do? I really want to get out of my house and walk some longer distances, but doing this in pumps is impossible for me.

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

Well, you could try it in boots or clogs. There are a lot of boots on sale this time of year as companies want to reduce their inventory. I bought a pair of Aerosoles "With Love" boots, reg. $99, for $29. You should be able to find something in the 20-40 euro range that would not attract much attention, but would be fun to wear in public. Stay away from stilettos for your first pair until you get more practice. Start with something in the 8 cm range that would give you good stability. Avoid cobblestones like the plague! Have fun! Steve

The ones in my avatar are my first heels, I just love stiletto's! (though I'm not yet going higher than 9 cm) Boots aren't really what I'm looking for, I still think they are too obvious. I'm not good at exposing myself in a weak position, but I still want to wear heels!

Ok, I see where you're coming from. Stilettos will be a harder sell to your parents and to others because they're generally considered more feminine, so you will have a bit more work to do, but if you're determined, you can succeed. Get inspiration from the people on this forum who wear stilettos in public and wear your heels proudly and confidently. Doing so will impress your friends and you will be a chick magnet, as has been demonstrated on here many times. Before going public, though, learn to walk in your heels with grace and sure-footedness, so you don't trip and fall, which could discourage you, cause others to laugh, or sprain an ankle - none of these are good outcomes. I like the heels in your avatar very much. Good luck! Steve

The ones in my avatar are my first heels, I just love stiletto's! (though I'm not yet going higher than 9 cm)

Boots aren't really what I'm looking for, I still think they are too obvious. I'm not good at exposing myself in a weak position, but I still want to wear heels!

Try to be strong and get out there in your heels. I used to feel the same way and only heeled in the darkness. After reading everyone's post's here I finally started in heeled boots during daytime. Not one bad response or weird looks. Gradually moved to a stiletto boot and then pumps. Only good comments and almost always from women. I don't know if you saw my "flying in heels" comments but wearing bright red stiletto pumps through the Atlanta and Baltimore airports was thrilling and again brought good comments only. You can do it so get started!! Jim

The problem is that I live in a place where a lot of people I know are on the streets. There are many people in my neighbourhood that I don't get on well with. I have been bullied (quite a lot) as a kid and I'm still not really the most accepted guy in society. If you'd know me, you would know why. I have many weird sides (but I like all of them). I guess I'm somewhat traumatized by the years of being thrown out of the group, left on my own, and I don't want that to happen again. Also, I'm letting my hair grow long (Heavy Metal All The Way!) and I have had some (negative) comments about that. Imagine what would happen if one of my friends spotted me in heels. I know I shouldn't listen to what they say and show that I feel good in heels, but I know myself. I'm not good at that.

jorisken123, At this stage of your life, being accepted is probably high on your list of priorities. Your natural tendencies are pushing you to have close relationships and you want them to accept you for who you are. You are wondering what your future has instore. Well, you can control your paths to success, if you have the vision of the goals you're determined to achieve. Leaving things to chance is barbaric and reckless. Anything worth obtaining usually has to be the focus of planning the paths and then working the plan. There will be set backs, but it is how you recoil and carry on that will make the difference between reaching your goals or settling for less. From reading your post, it seems you want to have a good high heeled heavy metal goal, which is not an easy road to hoe even with the skills, talent, and equipment. Good Luck, should this be your venture and bring happiness to those you care about and that care about you!

Jorisken, I am a musician and I wear eyeliner and heels for gigs and whenever I want my Rockstar look. I believe, and several other people confirmed, that I looked good wearing the eyeliner (the heels are hidden so no one really sees them). I became so confident in my look that I posted pictures of myself on Facebook wearing the eyeliner. It was a bold move in my opinion. What happened? Well most people said nothing, and some actually agreed that I made it look good. Only a few people tried to make fun of it, but I stood my ground and acted like I didn't care what they thought. I didn't care, and still don't. I didn't let them bother me and now I'm pretty much expected to wear the eyeliner all the time. I won't wear it around certain closed-minded, backstabbing, and judgmental people (I.e. my mother in law) but I will wear it anywhere else with confidence. You can do the same. Do it tastefully and respectfully, do it with confidence, and you will be a happier person...

What people think doesn't really bother me. What does bother me is if people treat me differently. I just ordered some very well hidden heels, and as long as I'm not around people who know me (and will see that I am taller or act slightly differently), I'm ready for outside fun! Expect some pics next week!

well, I tell you my first real heeling with the buffalos I wrote about in my previous post...I think it is worth sharing. I have to say that I live in Italy the so called "country of fashion" but not the most open minded place on earth... Last saturday I decided to give a try and went out for some errands in town with my wife. I went in first place to take a sunbed so I headed to the beauty salon where the girls at the front desk I thought would tend to be careful about details but nothing happened. There were some other ladies but no one really cared. Second place was the supermarket and actually everything went quite smoothly (even my wife told me that she did not see any people staring at me in a strange way or else...), I just happened to see a lady probably in her 60's who took a quick look at my shoes, but it looked like she could not care. Funny thing was that at a certain moment I was standing in the line at the deli and I realized that right behind me there was a couple (guy + girl) that were probably commenting on my outfit (leather black jacket, hooded zip sweatshirt, tight but not skinny jeans - I could not wear them - and the shoes)..I was laughing between myself as I was walking away to tell this story to my wife. This first experience actually gave me some confidence because not only I pulled out a look that would fit my type (I do not have the easiest shape for heels: 95 kgs gym rat) and I actually look forward to go out at night with these buffalos. P.S. the mustang shoes are very nice and I like them even more because I am a fan and an owner of the car itself.

I have heeled in Italy myself. The people there are a lot cooler with it than they let on. They will ask you a lot of questions about it though.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I have heeled in Italy myself. The people there are a lot cooler with it than they let on. They will ask you a lot of questions about it though.

I guess it would depend on where you were...and maybe, I say maybe, because you are a foreigner....

But I am happy for you in any case.

I guess it would depend on where you were...and maybe, I say maybe, because you are a foreigner....

But I am happy for you in any case.

Rome Sienna Pompeii Assisi Florence to name a few. The questions though came in Rome.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

These arrived today. The heel well hidden in my opinion, I wouldn't have any problems with going outside, even going into crowded places with these. What do you think about them? With a casual pair of jeans on them, they really don't attract attention. I just have to wait until I'm home alone for a long enough period of time, so nobody sees me putting on and off the shoes. I want to keep them secret for just a little while, until I've talked about it with my family a bit more. As I was alone for half an hour this evening, I just put them on to walk around a bit in my garden, felt great. I never walked such distances as I've always stayed indoors. I'm looking forward to real heeling! See you later! Joris.

post-19591-0-52139800-1364504864_thumb.j

post-19591-0-16976100-1364504874_thumb.j

post-19591-0-97718600-1364504883_thumb.j

Very stealthy Jorisken. I don't think anyone will pay you any attention in those and I doubt they will increase your height enough for anyone to notice.