Hidden Heels... Maybe Not Pointless

onyourtoes

B&b lots: they are the ...

Well, I'll probably be sorry for asking  <ahttp://hhplace.org/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png' alt=':)'> -  but b&b lots?

Bed and Breakfast, The Bold and the Beautiful, Beavis & Butthead, Bag and Baggage, Barnum & Bailey, Beauty and the Beast, Bread and Butter, Branch and Bound, Boole & Babbage, Baccalaureate and Beyond Longitudinal Study, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Bridges & Buildings, Bladder and Bowel, Benedictine and Brandy, Balled & Burlapped, Beef and Boards, Berman and Braga, Brummel and Brown, Brag and Boast, Big and Beautiful, Boots and ... umm anyway

By the way, I just checked out your photos for the first time, lots of great public shots in heels.  Very cool

• 2 weeks later...

Wore my black Nike's at a jobsite all day yesterday, customer never noticed. Oh darn, gotta wear heels today to maintain the same height ;) Will try the Qupid boots today. Gonna try the red Adidas wedges again today, see if I like them this time.

(formerly known as "JimC")

i finally got my aldo kotek boots yesterday and want to share my first impressions...

i got them in size 11 (which equals to a ue 42,5) but to get this size I had to order them trough a personal shoppen on the us site because aldo italy only carries them untill size 10 and I was not too sure about it...in the end the final price came out to be almost the same...

I just wore them aroung the house to test the comfort and making and I can say I am pretty happy about them

the inner wedge, which is very hidden is about 4 and something inches (external heel included) and it is well cushioned so even if one can feel the slope, it will not be too hard on the feet (I guess I will know as I will be wearing them more)

as per being stealthy, I thinks the look like biker boots so they are a perfect match with boot cut jeans, but I guess they can be styled also with skinnier jeans...

so my suggestion is..get them...

• 2 weeks later...

Time to remark on my wearing my pair of hidden heel Skechers "Skch+ 3" sneakers out and about around town. I bought them almost three weeks ago and have literately put at least 20 walking around miles on them since I walked out of the store wearing them. Attractive, comfortable, stealthy, describes them to a "T.". Today, for instance, I drove out of our driveway shortly after 9 AM headed into town to get my hair cut. The barber shop was really busy for a Monday morning and I waited 30 minutes for my turn. I sat, read the paper and chatted about Saturdays USC Gamecocks win over Florida. Shoes in full view while waiting and even more noticable while in the barber chair. Only reaction was a comment from another waiting customer sitting directly across from me while I was in the chair. "Man, those are the most comfortable looking shoes" to which I replayed, "They are. Just like walking on pillows." Next stop was the bank where I had to deposit a check for an automobile I sold on Saturday. A short line with a young lady wearing an almost identical pair in another color and with laces. No one took notice of my shoes. Walked across the floor to the Teller position, gave her my cheque, took my receipt and walked out to the car. Next to the DMV to turn in the no longer needed license plate. Two lines there. The first one to get a number and fill out the paperwork. Sitting down and waiting for my number to be called and finally standing at the counter while completing my transaction. If there was any reaction, I certaintly didn't notice it. Lunch at a local favort spot, stopping at the "Pig" for a few groceries and back to the home place by 2 pm. I usually wear woman's style shoes. Exclusively for the past 20 years or so. My Nine West boots with 4" heels, a couple of pair on pumps with 4" heels, several pair of sandals. While, like JeffB has alluded to from time to time, I usually get one or two quizzical looks a day -- which I usually ignore -- I have not noticed any reaction at all while wearing these hidden heel sneakers. I'm up for at least one more pair to wear this winter.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

finally last Friday I was able to get my hands on the dunk super hi wedge snaker boots and I would like to share some simple pictures....

I got them at nike.com (the us site because in europe there are not available yet)..it was love at first sight when I saw them...

substantially higher than normal dunk wedges (but not too much) and they look more like a sporty boot so even more stealthy...

what is really cool about them is that they are in a reflective silverish grey...they would tend to turn white with little light

got them in size 11 (I would have prefered a 10.5 but being a special edition I guess I was already luicky enough to find them in bigger sizes), wore them at the mall last week end as shown in the pictures and no strage look but rather amazed looks as this model is not really available here in Italy....

http://imageshack.com/a/img17/1625/8wwn.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img853/7580/xmh1.jpg

I purchased a pair of the Topshop Atlantic wedge trainers yesterday and happily walked through the city and took the train ride home. Not a single look or comment from anyone.   They are extremely comfortable and could happily be worn all day! Size 42 fits me well so I would say they run a little large to size.

post-2643-0-49264200-1386426680_thumb.jp

So I got the kopek boots y'allz are raving about, they're OK, definitely stealth. Bit too stealth tbh, but eh.

And they were on sale so why not. I'd wear them outside, but its anywhere from we have no temperature to -8F, aka -17.5ishC to -22ishC for the non americans/canadians.

I purchased a pair of the Topshop Atlantic wedge trainers yesterday and happily walked through the city and took the train ride home. Not a single look or comment from anyone.

They are extremely comfortable and could happily be worn all day! Size 42 fits me well so I would say they run a little large to size.

Posted ImageTS ATL.jpeg

nice sneakers....

I noticed that this fall several wedge sneakers models tend to have a larger heel base (making them stealthier....) it is a sing for a change???

nice sneakers.... I noticed that this fall several wedge sneakers models tend to have a larger heel base (making them stealthier....) it is a sing for a change???

Besides believing that some manufacturers are starting to "sing" different tune, it might also be a sign that a change is afoot. It is my observation that these "bootie sneakers" are becoming more popular in both men and women's styles. I would think that as more and more people buy them, the stealth aspect will be less and less. At some point people will began to recognize exactly which style --men's and women's flat heel high top laceups or women's hidden wedge heeled models -- at a glance. However, by the time that happens, there might be just as many men wearing the hidden heel model as there are women wearing them. We can only wait and hope. Edited by Bubba136

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hidden heels that are not sneakers !

Well I have spotted a tall lady at a business conference, wearing regular wedge booties having a large heel.

I would say the shoes were very discrete, and classy also, without being sneakers.

Wait, ah i was sure I could find example at Nordstrom, even if I would never buy anything from them, shipping to France is just unaffordable.

The first one seems designed for people that intend to hide their heels !!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/miz-mooz-fiji-bootie/3512794?origin=category&BaseUrl=Booties

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/vince-michela-boot/3520448?origin=category&BaseUrl=Booties

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/ugg-australia-uggpure-dupre-rain-boot-women/3469844?origin=category&BaseUrl=Booties

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/aquatalia-by-marvin-k-city-faux-shearling-boot/3587361?origin=category&BaseUrl=Booties

nice sneakers.... I noticed that this fall several wedge sneakers models tend to have a larger heel base (making them stealthier....) it is a sing for a change???

Yes I have noticed that too and it is most encouraging! Hopefully the style will continue to develop this way and the manufacturers will see the benefit of offering larger sizes.

Maybe they will "cross-market" without making a formal marketing charge forward as just "Shoes for Everyone" - but lets face it,; many of todays styles for the gals are fully based in original designs for males. 

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Maybe they will "cross-market" without making a formal marketing charge forward as just "Shoes for Everyone" - but lets face it,; many of todays styles for the gals are fully based in original designs for males. 

very true indee, so males have all the rights to claim some things back....

• 3 weeks later...

has anybody bought a pair of nike skyhigh dunk? i would be interested into getting somefeedback to know if they are comfy and how you can get away with them...

I got a pair of size 8s in Shuh.  You can check stock online and click-and-collect in store.  In men's shoes, I'm a large 7 / small 8, and the 8s were a perfect fit, so they size a little on the small side.  I've been walking around in them as my main shoes for two weeks.  Nobody has noticed them or commented on them, and they are really comfortable.  I also have the Vans Sk8 hi wedge in size 8.  Not quite so comfortable to wear for long periods, but again nobody notices them.  

Still in the hunt for a pair of Nike Dunk Sky Hi or Super Sky Hi, but in the meantime I picked up these at Nordstrom Rack, Adidas Women's NEO Wedge; surprisingly quite roomy for a women's size 10. Almost didn't buy them because I thought they would be too small. Not an issue.

post-3445-0-75817300-1389375249_thumb.jppost-3445-0-06626900-1389375275_thumb.jppost-3445-0-47684500-1389375302_thumb.jp

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

Still in the hunt for a pair of Nike Dunk Sky Hi or Super Sky Hi, but in the meantime I picked up these at Nordstrom Rack, Adidas Women's NEO Wedge; surprisingly quite roomy for a women's size 10. Almost didn't buy them because I thought they would be too small. Not an issue.

Posted ImageIMG_2700.jpgPosted ImageIMG_2701.jpgPosted ImageIMG_2702.jpg

I keep seeing those at Nordstroms Rack outlets. Have tried em on a couple times but never got a pair. I really have enjoyed my other Adidas wedges.

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 3 months later...

Hi everybody!

Long time since my last post! I've juste succumbed to the world of hidden heels...I've juste order this wedge sneakers.

Normally, I will receive them tomorrow, and I think I will do my first outing in "heels" before the end of day if I found it discrete...

Hope they will be comfy and as discrete as a normal pair of sneakers...

Kind regards

As I say yesterday, I've just receive my wedges sneakers! they are very comfy and I think very passable in public ... I've just do a first outing in my street...Maybe tomorrow i'll will come to the mall wearing them!

What do you think about?

post-3255-0-47380600-1397504651_thumb.jp

post-3255-0-73270400-1397585146_thumb.jp

I just order a pair of these yesterday from Payless, on sale for $20, what a deal. They have a 3" heel, I can't wait to try them out.  I will post pics when I get them.

post-1194-0-99211200-1397665673_thumb.jp

Nice :)

they look nice I would say....

how is the back part of the shoe??? I mean, some sneakers do look nice but then tend to have a thinner back (heel) so it makes them more feminine and harder for males to pass...

thanks for your answer! This is a pic of the back part of them ! I think they are not so thinner!

post-3255-0-61984700-1397751583_thumb.jp