Hidden Heels... Maybe Not Pointless

onyourtoes

I'm loving the whole wedge sneaker thing.  I've added a pair of Puma Sky Hi's and they are very comfy, with a 3" wedge,  I also just order some L.A.M.B. wedges that were half price and they sport a 4.5" heel which I'm anxious to try..  It does seem though that there are very few models out there above the 3" level.  Fortunately I'm small enough size to fit most available styles, just want more height.

Guess I waited too long on the Champion at Payless - last week two stores had the size needed and now it is zero - :(

Check online to see if your size is available there. If so you can have them shipped to your local Payless free.

I got my sneakers from Payless last week and so here is a pic of them, they are about a 3" heel, so cool! I have been wearing them as much as I can, I love them!

post-1194-0-25278900-1398633869_thumb.jp

I got my sneakers from Payless last week and so here is a pic of them, they are about a 3" heel, so cool! I have been wearing them as much as I can, I love them!

really nice....

how do you match them with pants???

for the nikes, since here we have the skinny jeans trend, I am opting for a full show...who cares....

some other times, I wear them with sporty pants for a more sporty look...

I'm loving the whole wedge sneaker thing.  I've added a pair of Puma Sky Hi's and they are very comfy, with a 3" wedge,  I also just order some L.A.M.B. wedges that were half price and they sport a 4.5" heel which I'm anxious to try..  It does seem though that there are very few models out there above the 3" level.  Fortunately I'm small enough size to fit most available styles, just want more height.

the LAMB are very very cool!! good choice!!

please post some pics once you get them so we can get some inspiration..

Guess I waited too long on the Champion at Payless - last week two stores had the size needed and now it is zero - :(

Funny thing happened - the black was still instock after checking the stock again on line.  I called and the male SA said it was not available.  I checked again from another store and when she called - it was on the shelf.  Yesterday, I was able to remove them from inventory.  I need do plan to replace the purple/black laces and replace them with some white or black ones before use.  They do feel and look great.  Now for the next great step.  :D

I got the black yesterday - finally :D

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

I got my L.A.M.B. sneakers and they are so cool.  First off, they fit, albeit snug, but they fit and feel awesome as they don't come make them any larger than women's 10.  Secondly, they are so fun to walk in and they honestly measure 5" at the back of the heel which is easy to see since my model has mesh sides.  Anyway, I posted some pics on my profile.  I expect to wear these out because with jeans, they are very discrete in spite of such a high wedge.

A couple shots of mine, more in my gallery.

post-19681-0-26739100-1399214176_thumb.j

post-19681-0-49740100-1399214390_thumb.j

post-19681-0-10568900-1399214574_thumb.j

I got my L.A.M.B. sneakers and they are so cool.  First off, they fit, albeit snug, but they fit and feel awesome as they don't come make them any larger than women's 10.  Secondly, they are so fun to walk in and they honestly measure 5" at the back of the heel which is easy to see since my model has mesh sides.  Anyway, I posted some pics on my profile.  I expect to wear these out because with jeans, they are very discrete in spite of such a high wedge.

really cool shoes!!

both pairs...

I got the Diesel sneaker boots in, and while not bad, I was not in love with them. Just not the look I was hoping for when wearing them. Oh well. Yay free returns.

post-289-0-01480500-1399649558_thumb.jpg

post-289-0-42322700-1399649570_thumb.jpg

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 1 month later...

i just ordered fom zalando site a pair of nike force sky hi in black.

as they arrived, i went right away to try them on but have been quite disappointed (even my wife who is usually supportive im my wedge sneakers thing)

they have a glossy black swoosh which is actually too glossy and the overall finishing of the shoe is not too appealing like the dunks or the revolutions..

too bad but i am returning them...

it seems that the wedge sneakers things is kinda fading (at least here in italy) sadly  :cry1:

i just ordered fom zalando site a pair of nike force sky hi in black.

as they arrived, i went right away to try them on but have been quite disappointed...

I bought the Adidas Profi Up, a hidden wedge suede sneaker with very simple design, a bit similar to Nike Blazers or other hi-top (flat) suede sneakers.

I really love these Profi-ups. I went out few times wearing them (I admit, covered by trousers) and nobody noticed they are wedges!

You can find them from adidas.it (they're available in plain black or in blue, up to EU size 42 2/3 that fits in fact a 43 foot) at http://www.adidas.it/scarpe-basket-profi-up/G95650_590.html discounted at 70 euros

mmm I do not know but as I have been growing used to go out more and more with wedge sneakers (5 pairs up to now), I feel the need of not always having to find ways to cover the shoes...

for example with the dunks sky hi, I practically always wear them with tight jeans, same thing for the dunks sneaker boots (not much now as we are into summertime) and some time I also go out with shorts and these shoes (altought just for a quick walk aroud the block)

has anyone else experienced this so far???

• 3 weeks later...

OMG sorry to be geeking out completely but I have been looking at the L.A.M.B. sneakers for a while! I'm extremely curious and unsure due to the high price tag on them. Like you say they are snug, is your size higher than 10? Cause like I have sneaker wedges that are 1 size down from my normal and they're actually almost too big.

• 2 weeks later...

mmm I do not know but as I have been growing used to go out more and more with wedge sneakers (5 pairs up to now), I feel the need of not always having to find ways to cover the shoes...

I've noticed same thing. The more I go out in wedge sneakers the less I have a need to hide them.

Just bought new pair of Adidas Neo wedge sneakers, very comfortable shoes with 8cm heel.

post-595-0-71647100-1408441778_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hidden heels are not 100% hidden. When wearing shorts it's funny to see someone notice something odd, but unable to figure it out.

Sometimes you see someone notice something 'odd' about wedge sneakers, but unable to identify the issue.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Hidden heels are not 100% hidden. When wearing shorts it's funny to see someone notice something odd, but unable to figure it out.

Sometimes you see someone notice something 'odd' about wedge sneakers, but unable to identify the issue.

Yes - when you can see the prominent protrusions on the sides of the ankle at the top line of the shoe - yes a dead give-away.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

i agree with your statement....and i guess this is a part of the fun as well...

i have been spotting more nike dunks here in italy this summer than usual, only ladies, too bad i did not have mine as i would have enjoyed seeing some reactions when noticing a guy with sneaker wedges...

• 2 weeks later...

I wear mine more all the time as they feel so good.  I now have four pairs,  my original Skechers Plus 3's, Puma Sky Hi's,  L.A.M.B.  five inchers, and a very cool pair of Rachel Zoe Geri's that I got a few weeks ago.   I have worn the Skechers a lot this summer with shorts and aside from a couple compliments including a teenage boy, there has been nothing negative.  I do notice that people, usually women, will glance at them but I've not sensed any disapproving looks as they simply aren't radical looking shoes and they look very trim and make my somewhat small feet look even smaller. 

The Rachel Zoe's are nothing short of awesome and they are a really nice heel height at about 4". They also have a nice tall "boot" with lots of support and it is amazing how comfortable and easy to walk in that they are.  I haven't worn them with shorts, but they are awesome with jeans and the "bump" on these is less noticeable than the Skechers.   As for the Puma's, they are totally stealthy and probably the least "feminine" of the bunch.   The LAMB's are way cool, but they are definitely high and the main problem I have with them is finding the right jeans that go over them but don't go under them as the footprint on those is very small.... about  8" toe to heel length. I have mostly worn those around home, but largely because of not having a pair of jeans yet that work perfectly with them.

Consequently, I got my LAMB's and Rachel Zoe's at deep discounts, right around $125, not the usual nearly $300.

• 3 months later...

I love wedge sneakers :)

I own one black pair wit a tiny wedge that I've worn a few times

And I also have a bright orange pair and a bright blue Buffalo pair like the ones from the first post

Love them !