Excellent Read And Some Very Open Minded Parents

Not sure if this is the right sopt for this but here goes. I stumbled upon this article. It is not about heels. It is about boys who like to dress "outside the norm" and their understanding parents. Great read though! And alot of the info applies to us heel wearers.

http://www.nytimes.c...&pagewanted=all

Edited by Mr. X

Thanks, Great reading. I love the following sentence... 'Gender is a spectrum rather than two opposing categories, neither of which any real man or woman precisely fits.'

Edited by benno

Way too long to read so I stuck it on a memory to get to later. Now when I was in the fourth grade at one point I got into playing the games with the girls and they told me that if I would play their way then I would be accepted and that was what I wanted not the rough and ill manured was the little brats played. The principal just had to ruin it for me and I was forbidden to play the games with my own kind. Like I would have been so much better off if there had been a school for lay and gisbian.

• 4 months later...

I realize this thread is pretty old, but I feel I must comment because of my own experience. My oldest son, who is now 13 (gasp, when did that happen?), loved to wear very girly clothes when he was little. My mom, who was by profession a theater costume designer, made him a very flashy red sequined skirt, and bought him silver sequined ballet slippers. He loved to wear this outfit, and did so often. His mother (now, unfortunately, my ex-wife), approved of his choice of clothing, but my dad hated it, though he tolerated it. I remember he often fussed at my mom for making those clothes. This went on for long enough that Mom made more "girly" clothes for my son in bigger sizes, because he grew. Eventually, as my son entered elementary school, he decided on his own accord to give up the skirts and the sequins, and is today my harshest critic about my choice to wear heels. So, you just never know. Why traumatize kids over silly things? They are what they are. I am proud to say that my teenaged son is one of the kindest, most empathetic kids I know (even if he thinks his Old Man is a nutter).