Fashion Help

wxman25

Hello. I would like some help from those of you better than me. There is a club here in Little Rock called Discovery. It is a club thas has CD/TV/TS shows on Saturday. I'm thinking about wearing a pair of my heels there with a nice botton down shirt and slacks. I've never done this before and would love some advice. Thanks

The fact that you said it has those kind of shows on Saturday, I think you will have no problem with anything you wear. Regardless of what you wear there will probably many outfits way more outrageous than you. Just go out and have fun with it!

Thanks i have a Salmon (pink) shirt. I was thinking about pairing that with a pair of strappy gray wedge heels and pink toenails to match the shirt. The question is what color pants?

Any neutral colored slacks or pants will work. I would recommend a lightweight slack. Not only are they more comfortable in the heat, but the material has a more fluid motion which works quite nicely with a delicate looking heel.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Anything on the grayscale of black through white is a neutral, and yes beige can also be considered a neutral as can be some dark colors like navy. As to the side of the store you purchase them on it really depends on what really fits you best, men's or women's cuts.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

But that's ok, Ian. A bag for all that stuff will keep your pockets from unsightly bulging and the pants will (hopefully) look fit and trim on you. It's easy to get along without pockets, and you'll wonder why you didn't carry a bag a lot sooner. Any black bag of reasonable size with a wide shoulder strap won't look too femme and will go with everything. Buy one at a discount store and just give it a try. I almost never get asked about mine. It's a hand-me-down nylon fabric bag with multiple zipper compartments for car keys, house keys, wallet, coin purse, small umbrella, handkerchief or tissues, a small LED flashlight, spare house key, pen, pencil, pad, mobile phone, pocket calendar, small ruler, passport, nail file, nail clipper, spare flash drive, frequent buyer cards for a dozen places, extra cash that I don't want to keep in my wallet, etc. I could stuff medications, small tools, a portable radio with extra batteries, a small camera, a tablet, and the kitchen sink in it, too, if I wanted. Try putting all that in your pockets and you'd be laughed at big time when your pants fall down! Steve

How about skinny jeans/trousers, an androgynous top and some kind of jacket/blazer? Add some good accessories like a cool scarf or chunky female but masculine necklace and or a good hat.

Edited by benno

i will have to shop around a little. Should the pants be girls or mens? I don't own any women"s pants. Neutral color would be like a beige is that correct?

Womens pants would give you far more choice in styles/fits and colours. For sure that could also mean far more ways of getting it wrong, so don't just pick any pants just because they're womens, be just as discerning as you would be buying regular guy pants just take advantage of the wider choice in the womens department, try lots of ideas and have fun with it. I think the venue sounds like it calls for something more distinctive than just straight slacks: maybe boot-cut or kick-flare, or benno's idea of the skinny jeans is great too especially that he gave attention to the whole outfit and overall look. Your idea of the strappy grey wedges and pink shirt with matching toes sounds like you have a fine sense of coordination and style. Do let us know what you choose.

If you like it, wear it.