Heels

Once again this question is not really specific and may be totally obvious to the one who posted it but a second possible answer just occurred to me. First as it just happens to be I am wearing my six inch heels for practice and every time I put them on I find my self leaning over and ready to fall on my face. So how do I stop that is I still have a few degrees of ankle extension and I can lean over backwards if I try. While I know that I have stated that I feel that wearing the heels in the house only feels to me like a pervert thing this pair is so tall that I am not ready to go out with them very much but I have worn them once in the mall and in the parking lot here at the shop. To keep from leaning over will take practice and will power. The second thought that occurred to me is leaning over to the side like in that old twisted ankle sort of thing. some how I can remember when I was little that on rare occasions I would step wrong and the inner side would go up and the weight would go to the outside edge of my foot and that would hurt but as I matured I got more flexible that way and that is no longer a problem. Anyway when I am sporting the highest heels I do not come down with all my weight like a male clod hopper in work boots what I do is to sort of tiptoe and get that wider front part of the shoe to take the load and with some willpower and muscle control make sure that it goes straight. Now that I think of it much of the time when I can track a heel user from the back I see a slow ring to the ankle as the foot comes down that ankle is angled to the side and on contact it straightens up but passes center then back the other way passing center but less this time about four or five cycles and when it is straight it comes up for another step. This ringing is more noticeable with persons without an excess of avios du pois. well getting close to ten o'clock here got to go just now.

Interesting topic indeed! I have noticed some heel lean as well...I'm thinking some of the problem is due to weak/worn heels or souls. The rest is due to being lazy posture wise...I wish I could go to a hiheel boot walking academy to learn proper techniques and get rid of bad habits!

Got some good news. Been wearing my six inch heels during a great deal of the spare time and that leaning forward is getting less and less and now after a tenth of an hour or so they do not make me lean over at all. However when I take them off I go into withdrawal. Probably that could be another subject. Heel withdrawal from minor weird feeling to muscle pain.

Stand up streight, pull back your shoulders, and tuck in your butt. Relax a little bit and you should naturally find center.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

• 4 weeks later...

Usually "avoirdupois" in English. http://en.wikipedia....iki/Avoirdupois Literally: "having weight"

I wasn't aware of this expression. I didn't found it because of Mike Hinch's misspelling :-P

I thought it meant "having weight" because it resembles to French "avoir du poids", which wouldn't be used in French : using the verb "peser" (to weight) would be much more natural.

I had a doubt still, because each language has its own expressions that are so hard to translate !

Thanks for the explanation !

Edited by Marion

This happens when the heels aren't on straight. This is a manufacturing fault. If the heels will not stand up on their own then you need to take them to a cobbler to get the heels corrected otherwise the shoe will be uncomfortable to wear.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

This happens when the heels aren't on straight. This is a manufacturing fault. If the heels will not stand up on their own then you need to take them to a cobbler to get the heels corrected otherwise the shoe will be uncomfortable to wear.

I have heels that would stand up on their own when they were new but after wear would not due to uneven heel wear.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.