A Response To A Post In The Girls' Forum.

Dr. Shoe

I would strongly agree with Amanda. The curvy heels look very odd and from a structural standpoint, I dont feel they would be as strong as a normal stiletto.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I'm glad designers change things around and try new things. Some of the ideas don't work but sometimes they do and even if they don't they might inspire others to do it and make it work... You don't have to buy them if you don't like them.

I'm glad designers change things around and try new things. Some of the ideas don't work but sometimes they do and even if they don't they might inspire others to do it and make it work...

You don't have to buy them if you don't like them.

I agree, things has to change with time otherwise they get borrring :) Time will tell whether they stay or go away old style stays or go away, if you don't like them then stock up with your currently loved styles so they will last for eternity in case they change :)

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker:

It is an interesting change, but not a radical one. I also find it fascinating that subtle change in styles can date clothes. Men's styles in particular, move toward change at a glacial, nearly imperceptible rate. Takes ties (which have been my uniform for oh so many years) for example. Ties gradually grow wider or thinner over the years - we're talking centimeters - and pattern types come in and out of style. But a glance cut of suits and ties from 2012 look different than even 2008. Change in women's fashion moves at a much faster pace. If this catches on (emphasis on "if"), I will not be at all surprised to see curved heels be the "it" thing within a year and a half with the fashion trend setters, with another 3 years to trickle down to the rest.

I'm not so keen on the outward-curving heels, even less so on the wedge version (although I otherwise like elegant wedges):

post-12051-0-77316000-1343260630_thumb.j

While it's great to see designers exploring creative possibilities, I think the appeal is all in the novelty - maybe fun to try on but I wouldn't buy such an unflattering style even if they became really popular.

On the other hand I think inward-curving "heel-less" or "pony" shoes could be far more appealing as an everyday wearable style:

post-12051-0-82320700-1343262569_thumb.j

http://www.ebay.com/...n-/271005693358

Edited by SleekHeels

If you like it, wear it.

Many of my female friends have declared they 'are so bored of stilettos'.

Sound to me like they take their shoes for granted. The stiletto is the ultimate. Everything else has been a flash in the pan. Maybe they just need a higher stiletto.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The backward curved heel, AFAIK, has been around since 1959, when it was first designed by Roger Vivier ("Talon choc"/"Shock Heel"). Vivier was one of the of the most original and influential shoe designer, so, modern designers tend to sort of pay hommage to him from time to time. The result is not always very convincing.

Shafted, The stiletto is your ultimate. Saying they just need a higher stiletto is part of the reason many women want to try something else. I don't think my friends take their shoes for granted. Many of them are seasoned heel wearers. I think they are simply telling the truth about market saturation of ever higher spindly heels. I personally have never seen the stiletto as the be all and end all of shoe design. Sure they look pretty but there is room for all heel styles. I had a damn good wander around Selfridges shoe hall on Tuesday afternoon and I felt far more drawn to the quirkier shoes. I picked up and studied almost every shoe (and there were hundred and hundreds of them). If given the choice I would probably take a devastatingly well conceived wedge or chunky heel over a stiletto. As I said before I like it when designers try out idea, even if they don't work. I have attached a collage of shoes that right now, if given the choice, I would far rather wear than 'normal' stilettos. Sure stilettos are super elegant, but sometimes they have an almost brutal and obvious air to them. Luckily we don't have to make one choice forever as I belive that we are living in the best time ever for shoe design.

post-2110-0-06508400-1343905026_thumb.jp

Edited by benno