Ready To Wear Stilletos Outside

Curt

I was wearing 70s platforms for a long time. Now its time for stilletos. I like the sleek look. Do you find them easier to walk in than thick chunky heels? They are very stylish. I undersrand why you cats are crazy about stilletos!

Reduced impact, dramatically reduced weight, great style! What's not to love?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I prefer stilettos every time, wearing heels fir me us nit about the height, it's about the look and there is nothing better than a pair if stilettos. I haven't really ever had a problem with balance or walking in them either. Though I recently bought a pair of these http://m.next.co.uk/mt/classic.next.co.uk/x50306s1#768571x50 In Next at Westfield (Black patent not Berry couldnt fibd the right link) and wore them out of the store abd around the shopping centre for two hours before deciding that I really couldn't walking in them and taking them back for a refund. "Whats your reason for the return?" " They're a bit too high for me!!" Yet I have other higher heels which I cab walk in very well with no problems

Do you find them easier to walk in than thick chunky heels?

I wear stiletto boots and they present much less of a challenge because the heel is held more rigidly because of the tight boot shaft on my leg. This is not the case with pumps where more attention to walking and balance are required.

If you are paying attention, you should not have any problems after the first few steps where you will learn how you can and can’t move.

Make sure there is sufficient weight transferred to the ball of your foot before you put full weight on the heel and everything should be fine. After a few steps, this weight transfer should become a natural way of walking. If you put too much weight on the heel too soon, it is easy to have your heel push the shoes heel to one side and the shoe will fall over on its side (with your foot in it). Envision a straight line running down the back of your leg all the way to the heel tip. That line has to remain straight when you are walking. The only difference between walking in stilettos and a wider heel is there is less room for error with the stiletto.

The look of a stiletto, however, is worth the extra effort.

Enjoy your heels.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Stop calling us "cats", it's annoying.

Really? Sounds purrrfectly Ok to me.

^^

(..)__/

( __ )

// \\

Kitty

(Looks better in Notepad)

Sorry ... back to the topic at hand.

Edited by Thighbootguy

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I will try - and I like - all styles of shoes, but I always end up going back to the stiletto; be it pumps, sandals or something in between. In part because other styles, particularly wedges are rarely 5 inches or above in my size. I find the higher heights do more to flatter. I like 5 1/4 to 6 inch shoes. What is odd is, I have pairs I move around in, any direction, any way, any speed, with no problems and without a single thought put into it. There are others, which would seem to be very similar in height and make, but every step I take must be paid attention to. Walking in Stilettos Health Rule Number 1: Slick bathroom floors are death traps. Beware.

ALL, I first wore stiletto heels last winter with bootcut jeans, a knit cap, and a cardigan sweater while shopping in downtown Chicago. Given earlier sunset times, the hustle and bustle of the streets, and that no mor than 2" of the 5.5" heels were visible under the jeans I so apparent signs that really anyone noticed. You'll see a lot of heels in northern cities of the US in the winter. HappyinHeels

• 2 weeks later...

I love stillettoes and wear them as often as i can usally with boot cut jeans but last week i had on a pair of shorts and a pair of 4" heel sandels and went for a road trip with my 69 Cuttlas. went down the road about 5 miles and looked that I needed gas so do i go back and get shoes or just go to the filling station. went by and no one was at the service bays so I decided to just go for it. Just started and a couple of 20s boys showed up and they both came right over and wanted to check out the car. You know open the hood what size motor and the whole thing and me in a pair of 4" stillettoes. after about 3-4 min of talking they left and just said cool car. I will try to get some photos of the shoes and car later this week

Do you find them easier to walk in than thick chunky heels?

Yes. Thick heels never seem to hit the floor right. They're always trying to rock my ankle further in or out than where it wants to be. That's not a problem with stilettos.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.