Black Velvet stiletto heeled pumps - found the pictures

Just another picture of my favourite pair, the black velvet stiletto heeled pumps, measuring five inches in height. And I am wearing black stockings here as well. Edit on 07 Nov 2004! I just found where the pictures of these black velvet pumps were on my hard drive. I used them for a mini member's update, since the end of the year is approaching and Jenny's member section could use the support. So scroll down, you'll find the new post and the picture. :(

Thanks, thanks, yes the shape is just wonderful. I know a lot of people are wild for the highest heels they can find, but sometimes those extreme heels don't have as nice a shape as a classic pump. I think sometimes we focus too much on the shoes, and not enough on the entire look. That particular pair is quite comfortable. Looks, comfort... I've always liked Jante brand. It's too bad they don't offer the styles in real leather. I wear out Jante pairs so fast...

Wow! Another great pic Laurie! I've always liked suede / velvet heels, but have yet to find myself a pair. They're gorgeous. I agree with you about the heel height. While I do like higher heels, aesthetically I think I like the proportions of 4" - 5" best.

Thanks, thanks, yes the shape is just wonderful.

I know a lot of people are wild for the highest heels they can find, but sometimes those extreme heels don't have as nice a shape as a classic pump...

You right! Me, "I'm wild for" the shape and the design of the heels, not for the highest heels. I share the same point of view, those extreme heels doesn't have a nice shape as classic pumps..

Dimp

Maybe we all get too carried away with this need for going higher. Sure, the challenge of it is fun, but... it's like if we all go there, in that mind set, we forget about lovely looking shoes just because they are not as high as some extreme seven incher. But come on, a good pair of four or five inch heeled pumps is practical for so much. Much like we always say that a woman is the overall package and not just the shoes, maybe we should be looking at shoes as an overall item, and not just as something attached to heels. Hrm...

• 11 months later...

The only problem with the shoes is that the velvet was wearing off of the back (a reason not to drive in heels of such materials) and there were splits forming on the insteps from where the ball of my foot would flex during walking or crouching or standing on tip toes. Not that the heels get that far off of the ground when doing that. Especially not last year when I wasn't dabling in the extreme heights for fun. If you look close you can see the small tear on the inside of the right shoe. Such a shame. But still, they fit perfectly, served be well, and let's face it, went well with stockings and skirts of varying lengths. Now they sit in my closet, looking worn out, but too precious to throw away.

Laurieheels:-) Thanks for re-posting the pic of your black seude pumps as they were posted before I joined the Forum and I hadn't seen them. Very nice, and you really do have very nice looking legs and ankles to show off the heels with. It appears that they were once an ankle strap shoe and you took the straps off and I can see the wear you mentioned. Losing a good and favorite pair of heels is like losing a friend, or almost. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

More pictures, well, as I do sets for the Member section for Jenny's site, to help pay the bills, I will certainly include a few over here. I mean, I cannot just say "pay or else" because there are a lot of sites to see shoes on the net, and besides, I'd rather be nice and share something. :-? The ankle straps were used a great deal when I first had the shoes, but if I needed to dangle or slip out because my feet felt warm, I had to unbuckle, So after a while, for convenience, I stopped using them, but liked the loop on the back as a nice design element.

Laurieheels:-) Sometimes convenience and versatility must come first over good looks, but by eliminating the straps gives you the best of all worlds and the strap loop makes an extra styling thing to add to the good looks. Cheers--- Dawn HH

black velvet is very elegant. my s/o has a similar pair but without the ankle straps. naturally they have a 5" heel. just recently wore them for a night out at a black tie event. just added a very classy shoe clip to the front of them. very sexy and very hot....

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

HHPumps:-) You wore your S/O's heels to a black tie event? Now that sounds very interesting. Were there any comments made? You and your S/O must have the same size foot to be able to be comfortable all evening in her heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hmm! Worn out? I happened to see another pair just like them (almost) on eBay tonight. Jante Velvet pumps with 5" stiletto heels (Just like the pair I have) You can see them here

I'm sure you can also find them in size 11.

Posted Image

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hey Bubba, They're easy to buy from a lot of sites out there, including the main Jante one. The trouble is juggling the bills long enough to get the money into paypal and then make the purchase. :-? But the good news is that the Canadian Dollar has been doing well, so the exchange rate should be good enough. Once I get a new pair, well, it's going to be one of those issues where I'll have to really think about which is my favorite pair of shoes again. Competition can be good, in this sort of situation.