Smudges On My Pantyhose From My Boots

Mike Hinch

For the past few months I have been practicing what I would like to wear for a trip to San Fran to see the new tram line and see some of the restored trams. So as I plan to do a lot of walking between tourist traps and tram lines I have been thinking that kneehigh four inch heel boots would be best as pumps can be stepped out of too easily and I have already worn out a pair of Anne Klien and also 9 West with a four inch heel and both of those I could wear all day and all night. My mode of transportation is a 1982 Zuzu diesel pup named Mrs Gates. So if I sack out in the back it will be convenient to have some comfortable boots so that I can pop up if need be. To go to San Fran by Greyhound leaves me with no was to carry much supplies or anyplace to sack out. Now to the big reason most if not all my boots make black smudges on my pantyhose. Why any problem if I wear my boots all the time. Well that is another story. When I tour San Fran I plan to raid the thrift stores and if I find the perfect pair of pumps or strappy sandals or just even to take the boots off to try something for fit it would be nice to look as clean as it really is. Shoe dye smudges and grime smudges look a lot alike. So if anyone has any experiences or remedies for this let me know.

The wearing of black pantyhose does not give me the look of classic suntan beige that I think I would like to have to go with certain ensembles. But I have been giving some thought to going black pantyhoese for other looks.

Might have to give that one some thought but does anyone know of which sort of lining of boots is best or worse for this sort of thing. Without giving this much thought somehow I chose light brown for the lining of the boots that I started to make. So if there is and leakage the color effect will be minimal. Also I might do some testing of scrap bits of the leather to see if the color will bub off on to anything else.

Socks over your tights in your boots, that you could take off should you want to wear anything strappy?

That's exactly what I do, but only for changing from boots to court shoes where the smudges would show (for sandals/peeptoes I'd almost always go barefoot).

If you like it, wear it.

• 5 months later...