Boots Tucked In Or Not

Curt

Do you guys like to wear your pants tucked in your knee high boots? I do two things with boots. Either tucked in, or with long pants over the boots, with the hems almost dragging on the ground. But wear shorter pants with heels that aren't so high. I like the look of the pants covering most of the shoe because it makes my feet look smaller, especially with higher heels. My preference is no less that 2.5" and no higher than 4.5" heels. Give or take a bit for platforms. What height of heels do you guys like?

I like both looks. I mostly wear my boots under bootcut jeans and I like the leg-lengthening effect of long hems but I prefer them just a little way off the ground to avoid them getting scuffed and also to have part of the heel visible. I've occasionally worn skinny jeans or leggings tucked into my boots, I've done that with tall boots (just below the knee) both with flat heels and with a 3½" stiletto heel, and also with ankle-boots (the ones in my avatar) which have 5" heels with a 1" platform. I'm not a fan of jeans sagging over the top of the boot but the attached photos were taken before I bought my proper skinny jeans.

post-12051-0-70284700-1342313981_thumb.j

post-12051-0-50387200-1342314002_thumb.j

Edited by SleekHeels

If you like it, wear it.

At work, it is slacks over my knee high boots but away from work i'd rather show off my boots so it is boots over slacks. With my thigh boots, its is always boots over slacks.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Boots from ankle to thigh high with skinny jeans for me. Anything over ankle high though needs to be custom tailored to my leg. Boots over jeans are my favorite look for myself.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Well, thanks to Thighbootguy, I quickly came to appreciate the magic of thigh high boots and I always wear mine over tight jeans, ditto for knee high boots as well. For me, it's clearly the ONLY way to go!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

well, it all depends on the style of pants and the particular style/type of boots I'm wearing, my only ones with any kind of heel are those ones by NOT RATED these are only with pants tucked in, my other flat black boots are worn either way. sorry cant use this easliy it seems, plus its way too late for me sorry for the fuzzy look i was "tweeking" the pic for fun but those are the not rated boots ;-) there much much better looking when not blurry that way.

post-1268-0-65563800-1342505796_thumb.jp

No simple answer here...I like to wear my boots both ways, loud and proud (over my levis), or subdued with my levis covering them...I guess it depends on the boots, my mood, and the situation...

Win Win situation here!

I like both looks. I usually wear the jeans over my boots when wearing heels. With flats and thigh high boots I wear skinny jeans / jeggings that slide right into the boots so that they don't bunch up at the knees. In my opinion, it is impractical to cover thigh boots with jeans.

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't matter whether one is a guy or a girl. I don't think it's visually appealing to see pants tucked into boots, and it doesn't matter whether the boots are ankle, calf, knee, or thigh high. Now a lass wearing calf/knee or thigh-high boots in a skirt is cute! I think what makes that work is when the skirt is about two inches higher than the top of the boot. When it gets down to ankle boots, though, skirts don't seem to work any more, and a return to a long pair of jeans is best.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Always over the boots for me, ankle or knee high, I'm afraid that's the curse of having short rugby player type legs. No skinny jeans for me I'm afraid.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I prefer to tuck skinny jeans in. Most of my boots are 18-22" tall and they look better that way. However, I do have one pair that I have only worn them under Wrangler boot cut jeans. Those are the ones with 5" heels and have shorter shafts, so it works out fine.

I have added two pics taken recently and added them in my gallery of boots with trousers tucked in. They seem so natural worn this way. I do have the option to wear with trousers out and at times have worn them both ways on the same day, depending on how much i want to show or hide. when ever stopping to chat with people, ididnt ever notices eyes to the ground for a glance compared to when wearing trousers over boots, when occasionaly people will look down. i hope you like the pics and please leave comment

Blacksheep

Just uploaded one new pic to my gallery. I bought new jeans which are a closer fit to the leg, and when tucked in, they show less bulk material above the top of the boots. Let me know what your thoughts are

Blacksheep

I like the style you look good in them that way, I'm forgetting its cooler "down under" right now ( I live in southern CA) :thumbsup:

The last pic was a nice spring day. One guy stopped and said 'nice boots' he later taken a pic in my direction, for what I am unsure. With the new jeans which are closer fitting, I tUrn up one fold to the top of the ankle bots, again , no comment and looks great, less bulk. I would have taken pics but the battery went flat on the camera

Blacksheep

With me I wear my boots with skinny jeans and most of the time tucked in my knee high boots that are 4" and got some soft giggles from some teen girls at a restaurant at the next table.

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!