Legs Toned From High Heels

Curt

Do you guys find that your legs are toned from wearing high heels? My upper legs are super conditioned. I don't need to do squats at the gym as much!

Before posting a new subject one wonders if much research went into all the material already posted on this subject. Without trying to duplicate I have posted on this idea a few times. As for I don't need to do squats at the gym as much! My guess would be that high heels do not replace squats but obviously offer some similar advantage. Anyway take this and add it to the number of reasons for high heels for health reasons.

I'm not so sure. I can tell you for certain that calf muscle fibres are reduced by wearing heels on a daily basis. I remember reading an article in the UK about this. Our tendons are also much thicker and stiffer as a result of wearing heels. Stretching exercises on the calf region will counteract the above.

• 1 month later...

This Friday I found myself with the rare opportunity to wear my Highest Heel Hottie 6 inch stilettos, if only around the house all day. I wanted to know how long I could continuously wear them in the case I found myself with the opportunity to do so publically (although I am admittedly a long ways from that day), before I made a wobbling fool of myself, So, I wore them the better part of a 5 hour day. I had plenty to do around the house, and spent most of it walking and standing while doing the odd chore. Good news. Not a wobble. But the following day my calves, and particularly my quads, were as sore as I've felt them. My quads felt not like I had been wearing heels that day, but that someone had been kicking them over that 5 hour period. I was crazy sore. Still am the following Monday. To my great surprise, however, my feet were just fine. And - keep in mind, I run every day for an hour or so, so my legs are not out of shape. So, heels, particularly at that height, require a set of muscles that I am clearing not using. Felt like a work out to me.

Edited by HHeeler

Yep, you discovered some muscles you forgot you owned. Give 'em a workout frequently and they'll respond just fine. Build up to it, though. An hour several times, then double that, etc. A 5-hour period without building up is like running a marathon when you can't even do a mile yet. Steve

I think heels definitely keep the legs more toned as you use more of your leg muscles to keep control and balance. My legs are by far the most toned part of my body, solid muscle, and have almost zero body fat... As for the rest of me, well, thats a different story unfortunately. :icon_neutral:

Last Sunday I wore my six inch stilettos all day with no problems. Only problem is other days when the guy that owns the shop is here I have to be more traditonal. One other thing is that Sunday I had to take a girl for a ride to get to her buggy and take the starter out to get a replacement and I took somem two inch heels with me but did not switch to them. The next day was just like any other.

• 3 months later...

mine were toned, and shaved, from racing bicycles. i had legs that would make you cry. i loved the complements i use to get...not too often, but then my wife was usually around.