Rocky Horror Show 19 November 2003

Firefox

A few pics of board members from this event:

Posted Image

Calv, Francis, Heelfan.

Posted Image

Jackie and the Coach

Posted Image

Voluptica - Give them a ring and order some gear!

Posted Image

On the Coach

Posted Image

The Coach!! Vrooom Vrooom Chugga Chugga :(

Posted Image

Coach Driver Extraordinaire

Larger better pictures on Jennys Page.

Note from Heelfan: A great night with, as Firefox says, dozens of us heel-wearers (both sexes!) in the audience putting the stage performers' somewhat more frumpy heels to shame. My 5 1/2" black patent stiletto courts were from Cover Girl, London circa 1980 (above top photo, right-hand side). For the last twenty-odd years, I'd never felt bold enough to include them amongst my street-heeling pairs, but the Rocky Horrer Show is a great opportunity to enjoy wearing exciting shoes like this in public. That was the last week of ther show's current UK tour, but next time around, I recommend all of you to enjoy making a fun visit! (Don't ask to borrow my 5 1/2 inchers though, I'll be needing them myself!). Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Yes, we certainly did! Have a look at the rest of the pics, now posted by Firefox on the new "Streetheels" and "Rocky Horror" section on Jenny's site. Amongst Francis' coach party were to lovely slim young girls who dressed up in knockout costumes (one with top hat) and great high heels, as seen several times on those pics. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

well it certainly was a good time had by all :( for those of you who've never been to a Rocky Horror Night, you don't know what you're missing!! If ever there was an excuse for wearing your heels, this is it!!! and it's not just the heels, as you can see from my outfit :(

No, you are thinking of Francis' Halloween Party in Kettering at the end of October. The Rocky Horror coach trip from Kettering to Milton Keynes was separate, and took place later in November. It was not advertised on the forum because it was not really for our group but for a party of Francis' Kettering friends and neighbours. It was organised by Francis, but using Calv's bus and to which Firefox was invited. I only heard about it through a chance remark of Firefox's (we sometimes play golf together) and was luckily able to get an additional theatre seat. However, in future, without gatecrashing Francis' own already fairly large gathering, I'm certain that there would be massive interest from these forums, so we ought to ask that the first member who gets a sniff of a future Rocky Horror tour of the theatres should alert us all immediately! It would be great to take one or two theatres by storm with a "Megaforums High Heel invasion"!. I enjoyed myself so much (as you'll see from the photos) that I'm game to go to as many more as they can throw at us! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

The RHPS trip was not organised via HHboard but via the Gothic Shop Voluptica in Kettering. Obviously they had to book a certain number of tickets and the coach well in advance. It's not easy to organise a trip for 40 people! It happened they had a slot so Francis kindly invited me along, but they didn't have any spare places until one or two days before when a couple of people dropped out. That's why it wasn't advertised here. Sorry for any confusion.

That' exactly what I was suggesting just above, Francis. The only thing is, it's a shame that the current UK tour has just finished, and it might be quite a while before another Rocky Horror show is put together and starts touring. Still . . . . . . . . I can't wait! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

But you can't heckle an inanimate DVD! Typical heckle at last week's live theatre show: Lionel Blair (narrator, looks like Tony Blair's uncle): "To return to the macabre goings-on in the house ....." Member of the Audience: "It's not a house, it's a castle!" Lionel Blair (still looking like Tony Blair's uncle): Pauses in thought and says "Well then, use your bloody imagination!". Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

You can heckle the TV easily, it just doesn't answer back. In fact I read a fan's version of the RH script the other day on the net and every single line has some "witty" (some not so) reply attached to it. That could get a bit tedious.