My Current Dilemma

Mr. X

I have a problem that I need some help on. I currently live at home. As a result, my love of heels is very much on the down low. And I wear them at home or out and about on my days off from work. Or when family is not around. I currently store my collection in rubbermaid type containers in my bedroom closet. I have pretty decent privacy. So to the best of my knowledge, my "stash" has not been discovered. I am currently looking at apartments for myself. I found one I like. I am a single guy. If all goes according to plan I will be in there by the end of the summer, early fall. I am happy because my heel wearing will skyrocket! I will be able to wear my heels pretty much whenever I want! The place I am looking at is the top floor of a 2 storey house. With my own entrance. It is a bachelor pad. It is pretty sizeable. But the bathroom is the only seperate room in the place. It is all open concept. It doesn't even have 1 closet either. Now heres the problem(s). 1) Family will probably help me move. So how do I transport my heels to the new place undetected? I think I can figure out solutions for this 2) Where do I store my heels in the place when I have friends and or family over? I though about some kid of locked cabinet or cupboard, but that would be kinda suspicious. Especially for a single person on there own. Any suggestions?

Planning the move. Get lots of large boxes to pack things into,- shoes to the bottom of box/boxes.

Label what is important to unpack and those with shoes can stay as storage so they don't get unpacked by the helpers.

Also as much as the family may wish to be helpful, it is your new territory! They should be wary as to when to go and leave you to sort things out which should be at the point of everything in, Your furniture located (and you'll move it again), new furniture built, boxes in rooms/area.

Make first tea/coffee and then they should offer either to help more (politeness) or go.

They should know that you need to settle asap with the invite to "come back later for dinner" that is you go back for a leaving meal.

Don't forget you will feel lonely in you pad as this new novelty wears of, this is quite normal.

good luck with the move.

Al

I have used the hanging bag as mentioned above. I bought the hanging shoe dividers and hung them inside the bag. When nosy company comes, I hang the bag backwards, making it difficult for someone to unzip without a hassle. In college, I just kept my shoes in a a suitcase. I would slide it under the bed with no worry. It had a lock on it that I kept secured.

Edited by pattianne71

Currently I keep my shoes under my bed in the draws, and when we move my friends have offered to keep them at theirs while I move the rest of my stuff so my parents don't see. Maybe if you have even one friend who knows, you could do that! As for the storing situation, i'd say get a wardrobe that can account for the heels too. If not, just buy some plastic boxes and put the shoes in there and shove them under a bed or to the back of the room somewhere out of the way. It's your place, people shouldn't be going through your stuff in your place.

What Other People Think Of Me, Ain't None Of My Buisness ~ RuPaul

Tell your parents about your heel wearing and then you won't have anything to hide. You'll feel relieved and unstressed, and when you wear them at your new home, if they pop in, they won't be shocked. Honesty is the best policy, and if your parents love you, as I hope they do, they won't care. Ask them about the stupid looking styles they wore when they were younger! Good luck! Steve

Edited by Steve63130

Tell your parents about your heel wearing and then you won't have anything to hide. You'll feel relieved and unstressed, and when you wear them at your new home, if they pop in, they won't be shocked. Honesty is the best policy, and if your parents love you, as I hope they do, they won't care. Ask them about the stupid looking styles they wore when they were younger! Good luck!

Steve

You're a wise man Steve

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

If you have a car you could put them in cartons and put them in your car with stuff that won't need to be unpacked straight away. When the day of the move comes, you load everything else into either a van or your parents car or whatever to be unloaded and unpacked on the day. You delay things so that it becomes too late to unload your car and you need to do it the next morning on your own. I still think that Steve's plan is the best.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

1. Depends on how many shoes really. Pack them in a box marked something innocuous, and unessential, like "underwear". Certainly not labeled something your family would be in a hurry to unpack to make your apartment feel "homey", like, for example "Stuff To Make the New Place Feel at Home". Or something similar. Use whatever stealth/delay/late unpacking tactics make sense at the time. 2. Footlocker.

Edited by HHeeler

I agree with Steve, just tell them about it. I told my kids about my wearing heels before I started and their reaction was more 'ok whatever'. My co-workers/friends are accepting of it as well. Some of us even joke about it a bit. But, back to your move. You could rent a storage locker for a couple of months while you move your 'normal stuff'. Once your settled in, a locking wardrobe or armoire large enough for clothes and shoes. -Nikki

1. Depends on how many shoes really. Pack them in a box marked something innocuous, and unessential, like "underwear". Certainly not labeled something your family would be in a hurry to unpack to make your apartment feel "homey", like, for example "Stuff To Make the New Place Feel at Home". Or something similar. Use whatever stealth/delay/late unpacking tactics make sense at the time.

2. Footlocker.

I do Option number 2

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

Well, it sounds like you are off to a good start....Having your own place will make it easier for you to wear you heels more often giving you the confidence to wear them publicly... While honesty is usually the best policy, I don't know your situation or relationship with your parents, so I won't recommend telling your family about your love of heels just yet...Do any of your friends know? Do you have siblings that you trust? Perhaps you might start by telling a trusted sibling once you have moved to your own place. Having your own place will make it easier for you to reveal you love of heels someday because you will have your apartment to retreat to in case of a negative reaction... You mention that you heels are in a "tote"..Is the tote colored or clear? Make sure the top can be secured properly...Buy another tote if it is clear or has a loose lid...Like others have said, you can load the tote into your car to be sure it won't be handled by anyone else, then bring it in to the apartment after the moving crew has left... Once you are moved in, your privacy should be respected, even if the tote is visible. Just stack some other items on top of the tote to ensure prying eyes stay away...Like I say, moving out is your best option...Being on your own will make it easier to wear your heels and develop some more confidence...It isn't easy, "baby steps"... You are among friends here....

It's funny, they were just "guy shoes" you'd just put them in a box under the bed or on top of a wardrobe and wouldn't even consider that someone might snoop around and see them, but knowing that they're heels suddenly makes it seem like the boxes are calling out to any passers by! I'd guess maybe box files from a stationery store might make inconspicuous shoe-box replacements.

Make them into a massive art piece and hang them on the wall!

That's probably not quite what Mr X had in mind, but a most excellent idea nonetheless!

If you like it, wear it.

How about putting your shoes into a box marked SHOES. Just be consistent and put a bit of tape on all the boxes to hold them closed. This might work unless your collection has already grown to a point where it will take wnough boxes to raise a question about why there are so many. :penitent:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

What about a travelling case? If you have a big enough and you move it closed, nobody will check what do you have inside. I usually store them in a big one when I have to hide them for a few days.

This is all good advice.

It has to be good... it came from the internet. :penitent:

Just for grins, let us know how the move went, who discovered your heels and how you explained them.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Just for grins, let us know how the move went, who discovered your heels and how you explained them.

If and when I do move I will definitely keep people informed of the situation.

• 2 months later...

Well, I thought I would update everone here. I am officially moved into my new bachelor pad! And I must say that I am enjoying the single life! As for my heels. I was able to move them in with no problems at all. They went completely undetected. I moved them in on my own time, away from family and such. They are currently being stored in cardboard boxes. Most of wich fit under my bed. So as for now I am "safe'...lol. I fully expect my heel wearing to increase 10 fold as well. There will be a lot more heel wearing for this guy! And thanks again for all the advice and suggestions everyone!