New Study Confirms Shoes Reveal Personality Traits

kneehighs

I wonder how many of them would get gender right if a guy wore women's shoes in the blind test.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Yet another study by experts at a vast cost I'm sure to state the obvious. Shafted they might not get the gender right but as long as you wear bright pink they will know you are an open and extrovert character, well fancy that I'm glad the scientists cleared that one up.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I don't think many of us would be accused of wearing boring shoes.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

All, While I certainly love the Univ. Of Kansas (my Dad's alma mater) I nevertheless conclude aftrer watching the video that this is yet another study that probably has more holes than a block of Swiss cheese. The study tacitly assumes only women could wear either very interesting or boring shoes. The fact that no references are made to genetic men who might wear bright colors or high heels for that matter is further evidence of the bias that still exists in the world of academia.I doubt the thought even occurred to them. If photos of just feet were shown it may be more an accurate guage of shoes=reveal personaity. Of course the wearing of certain shoes shows the world our personality. Most genetic men, including the vast majority of hhplace members, wear the type of utilitarian crap that's expected of them in the workplace because they're men who are supposed to work and get stuff done. Expression of personality might be done through a brightly-colored tie or perhaps a brightly-colored shirt under a suit but not through shoes or an entire outfit. Genetic men have only their non-work time to express themselves via the clothes and shoes and even then they are far more limited in those opportunities which put them outside the radar range of studies like this one. I do remember, howevr, when I worked at CHicago's O"hare Airport occasionally asking the luggage porters to make change when a passenger had to pay some fine and I asked how they knew which passengers to approach to carry the bags. Nearly all of them told me the best indicator of a good tipper was the shoes they wore! It cut through lines of race, gnder, and nationality and got them the best tip. Now there's a study that cost nothing. Happy

That is quite believable if not obvious. However when I was in the workplace and playing that game I still exclusively wore shoes and boots made for women. Whenever anyone said anything about it my standard reply was that all the men's shoes were too wide for me. Somehow nobody ever suggested to try Red Wing or budget busters and get men's shoes in narrow or slim. Anyway work shoes from the women's side works well for me.

Well, I certainly not too much of my tax dollars went towards that sham of a study.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Huh? Ive read some things I considered ( usually right afterwards ) that were a waste of time. This though.. I dont know WHAT to think of it as it totally disagrees with a LOT of what I have come to know from my years of roaming the planet. An example, as Ms. Megan said.. People whom wear brighter colored shoes tend to be more ' open ' or ' fun '.. Look at my avatar folks, Im willing to bet theres more then a few people whom wouldnt say ILK is a ' fun guy '. They could be wrong. ' Open ' sure, in some ways. I think people should wear what they want and be happy about it, infringe upon my ability to do so and those bright pink shoes will be brown when I extract them from.. ;) Shafted: "I wonder how many of them would get gender right if a guy wore women's shoes in the blind test. " Even when not in a ' blind test ' and giving them their *full sight* .. I wonder how many times I have been called ' miss ' or ' Ma'am '.. Jeff: "Well, I certainly not too much of my tax dollars went towards that sham of a study. " Im with you on this. One thing I have noticed in a lot of these reports/studies/trends, It seems theres always a reaching justification to compile an ' explanation '.. why? Heres something I wish this study would take into consideration. A smaller Study :D Right from this site : Kneehighs is a super intellectual type from Europe whom travels the world. He should have been a pimp from all the pics hes posted with some of the nicest babes. :D Seems to like traditional stilettos usually of the brand-name degree. JeffB is ' African American '. He seems to wear darker shoes. Hes in Philly ( I think ). Hes been out in HIS heels for quite a while. Usually in basic pumps. Shafted is some White guy. He seems to like boots with fringe upon them. Hes from Maine and works in a theater with yummy popcorn to grab. Im half Jew, half Spic ( someone else can decide which side is which as I cant tell.. ), Ive been out in heels for the last year and a half or so.. Im in Western NY. I fix houses. I like Booties and Wedges, THE SHOES! I think my study needs to find some Asian guy from Florida or somewhere down south that works in a car dealership/junkyard and likes those pleaser platforms. The study could conclude that theres a bunch of guys out there whom wear all kinds of shoes, work for a living and just might all be heterosexual, be damned the types of heels or colors. :D

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

An example, as Ms. Megan said.. People whom wear brighter colored shoes tend to be more ' open ' or ' fun '.. Look at my avatar folks, Im willing to bet theres more then a few people whom wouldnt say ILK is a ' fun guy '. They could be wrong. ' Open ' sure, in some ways. I think people should wear what they want and be happy about it, infringe upon my ability to do so and those bright pink shoes will be brown when I extract them from.. ;)

It wasn't me LOL. I like brightly coloured shoes and I'm a miserable old dragon. You always seem fun to me, ILK.

I don't know what Spic is. :confused:

I don't know what Spic is. :confused:

According to Wikipedia: Spic is an ethnic slur used, amongst others, in the United States for a person of Hispanic or Italian background.

Meganwish :

According to Wikipedia: Spic is an ethnic slur used, amongst others, in the United States for a person of Hispanic or Italian background.

Tom-NL is quite correct. Its an ethnic slur I often call myself ( Biological Father was Puerto Rican. His parents were born in Puerto Rico ). Its a term used for those of us that have some Puerto Rican Blood in our veins. Italians arent called spics though. Theres a whole different list of names for them. ;)

Thank you both, I like to be taught..I'd thought it might be an acronym, like WASP, and I puzzled for ages. ILK, I love you all the more that you know to use a slur to your own strength. I won't use it though, because I think it would be rude of me. It belongs to you.

I'm not sure I get this one. There's lots of sad men in the world in flash sports cars and they are really boring! There's endless tottering hordes of girls in mental fluoro heels and they can't even string a sentence together. They are only wearing the shoes because they are 'trendy' and celebs are wearing them.

Edited by benno

Thank you both, I like to be taught..I'd thought it might be an acronym, like WASP, and I puzzled for ages.

As to the origin of "spic" the explanation I've heard is that it's how a native spanish speaker would say "speak". As in: "I spic no english". Another possibility is a sort of rhyming slang: "spic and span".

]

I'm not sure I get this one. There's lots of sad men in the world in flash sports cars and they are really boring! There's endless tottering hordes of girls in mental fluoro heels and they can't even string a sentence together. They are only wearing the shoes because they are 'trendy' and celebs are wearing them.

I think benno makes a great point and we have no further to look as such an example of profligate vapidness than the Kardashians of southern California. They are morally bankrupt and have built a small fortune by dubious means without contributing anything worthwhile to this country or any other. Almost anyone else can stay married for longer than 72 days! I could have a more meaningful conversation with a stry dog than I could with one of these stellar citizens. HappyinHeels

Happy in Heels, Exactly! Kim Kardashian, on paper and judging her on shoes alone, should be the world's most enigmatic and intellegent being and merely being in her presence should be a mainline vein to spiritual enlightenment.... But the reality is frightening... !!!!!!!!!!!

Well that's showbusiness. No-one wants to pay me to be me, no-one wants to pay Krusty to be Herschel Krustovski. I don't know Kim Kardashian, and she might be completely shallow, or not, but I don't begrudge anyone a living.

Well that's showbusiness. No-one wants to pay me to be me, no-one wants to pay Krusty to be Herschel Krustovski. I don't know Kim Kardashian, and she might be completely shallow, or not, but I don't begrudge anyone a living.

+1

Have any of you actually met and spoken to Kim Kardashian?

I havent. Maybe someday. I guess ' guilt by association ' is acceptable in situations if they fit the person whos insinuating such in an agreeable climate.

I would like to meet the one Kardasian sister. She has the same sized foot as me. Get to check out her collection, PRICELESS!

Back to the topic, what could one say when I own the following :

- Wedge boots and Wedge Booties. Wedge Espadrilles and normal wedge Shoes.

- A few pairs of ' Pleasers ' ( truly hate admitting that :( )

- All sorts of traditional Stilettos. Metal heeled, leather, patent, different colors, ankle strapped..

- All sorts of flats

- Uggs of different colors/flavors ( Dr. Shoe will now reprimand me ;) )

- Sketchers sneakers of all kinds..

- Workboots.

- Chunky bottomed lower heeled shoes..

Very wide variety. I think a lot of us have a variety of footware and the ' dots dont connect ' of sorts. Im sure theres some of us that are just into 1 type of heel, or 1 color, or 1 type of boot.. but theres variation for the most part.

Popping in here from another thread I wonder what fake red painted soles says about the person?

Popping in here from another thread I wonder what fake red painted soles says about the person?

Are the soles ' fake ' if they are painted red? I believe if they are painted red, they are ' red soles '.

I look at this from doing plaster work and repairing walls. After were done and the plaster cures, we often hire people to paint the rooms, ceilings..

If a painter comes in and rolls out a room in white ceiling paint, is the room now white or do we have to scratch into the walls and see what its ' real ' color is?

What about doing a vintage care restoration? A lot of mustangs were Blue or Red. If someone paints one black, is it still a blue or red car, or is it black?

Why should the logic change in this situation? Should it change just to keep someone whose spent all kinds of money on some frenchmens shoes from being upset? Should that homeowner with the new walls/ceilings feel second best? How about that car owner or a mustang club, should they all feel slighted?

If someone paints the soles of their shoes a different color, what it does say about them : They found paint, a pair of their shoes, combined them, and had the time to do it. Nothing more IMO.

If others feel ' so overly offended ' by such a proposition, maybe the person with the newly painted shoes isnt the problem, but the person with the ' jones syndrome ' truly is ;)

Have any of you actually met and spoken to Kim Kardashian?

Why would I want to? I've seen more beautiful women in comic books. :silly:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Back to the topic... I read the article(excerpt from Meghan's book) and the description of the type of shoe I commonly wear(maryjanes) and I have to say that I do not agree with it. Maybe its due to the fact that I am not a girl. Maybe the author needs to do a study of guys that wear heels or maybe I should wear the shoes that fit my personality. Might have to read the book. -Nikki

Edited by niknhose