How Should Stilleto Boots Fit.

stilletoboot

Question

Hey guys n girls i am wanting to no i have short wide feet, and stilletos are mostly pointed, so i just wanted to no should your toes or toe reach to the point of the boot, i dont no if any body toe reach the point.Or does it depend on length of your toes?

6 answers to this question

No they shouldn't. If you have a long skinny foot then your big toe might fit snuggly in the pointy bit but won't reach the tip.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

This reminds me of a joke from the early 60s, when winklepickers were the norm for both sexes. A policeman had to caution a Teddy Boy (remember them?) for causing a nuisance and, looking down at his feet, asked him: 'Do your toes go right to the end of those shoes?'. The Teddy Boy promptly replied: 'No, they don't, copper; does your head go right to the top of that helmet?'

Those here that know me can see that I am no fan of pointy toes and just about a week ago I got a pair of five inch stilettos at the Mall of Orange for $18 actually I am wearing then now and they have a really sexy square toe. My advice would be stay away from pointy toes. One thing to think about is the Pleaser Bondage 01 they are not too narrow but the six inch heel takes some practice.

... If you have a long skinny foot then your big toe might fit snuggly in the pointy bit but won't reach the tip.

... My advice would be stay away from pointy toes. ...

As Dr Shoe indicates, it really depends on the shape of one's foot. My UK11 feet are not narrow and I have slight (hereditary) bunions. But my toes get progressively longer, so my foot could be said to be 'pointed' rather than stubby - my wife calls them 'witch's feet'. I find that pointed shoes of normal width fit me well and look far less clumsy than those with a round or square toebox. Style preferences aside, It is simply a question of fit and comfort and Mike's well-meant advice should not be taken as a universal instruction.

I have asked quite a few girls about their pointy boots and shoes how do your toes feel in them I would have said all squashed up, but they all reply no your toes do not get to the end of the pointy bit and they feel ok to wear. I would think the opposite but if they were uncomfortable they would not make them would they. I will admit not my taste but I do like some thin heels but the problem is they always come with pointy toes.

life is not a rehearsal