Heels And Flying

pattianne71

Well, flying from Chicago to Florida today, and wearing my Rick Owens boots. Might not have been the best choice as I obviously still need practice in these before walking distances, such as gate changes. can feel it in my feet already.

Posted Image

Well, flying from Chicago to Florida today, and wearing my Rick Owens boots. Might not have been the best choice as I obviously still need practice in these before walking distances, such as gate changes. can feel it in my feet already.

Posted Image

My boyfriend has those same boots!!!! 

Usually when I get thru security n some other usually older lady sees me putting my heels back I get the OMG hunny how can you wear heels that high comment LOL  The last time I flew the security guy asked me if i was tip toeing cuz I was afraid to get my feet dirty n I just smiled at him n was like yaaaaaaaaaaaa LOL

Yes, I do walk in these

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boyfriend has those same boots!!!! 

Usually when I get thru security n some other usually older lady sees me putting my heels back I get the OMG hunny how can you wear heels that high comment LOL  The last time I flew the security guy asked me if i was tip toeing cuz I was afraid to get my feet dirty n I just smiled at him n was like yaaaaaaaaaaaa LOL

Gotta say, for their height they are very comfortable. Just wish the price was quite a bit lower for Rick Owens stuff ;)

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 1 year later...

Oh flying, again it was no problem. I just did a trip for a short week to San Francisco via Los Angeles and back. I wore a pair of cuban heeled booties for the flight down and back, infact only having heeled boots to wear made it easy to just wear them. While going through security for all my flights I had to go back and do the scan each time because of my heeled booties. Once taking them off and sending them throught the Xray machine I was left in my nude toned hose and red nails to redo the walking scan. I did that several times for my flights, No mention of what I was wearing on my feet or of my hosiery I was wearing. So it went without any issues and have to say I'll do like that again in the future. Like many things there is just to much going on to be concerned with what some is wearing so just do it wear whatever shoes and boots you like.

Confidence booster1

Went through airports twice this month in high heeled booties. A few double takes and maybe a couple gawkers. I have very little in the way of men's outwear and that includes shoes, anymore. Not having other options is a great motivation :)

Again flying in wedges, but far lower Sorell's this time ;)

It appears I am going to Las Vegas for my bachlor party. I did pack my new boots, but not sure I'll walk the strip much in 5" heels.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Again, thanks for all the inspiring flying experiences! I am flight attendant for AA, so am always looking for guys in heels. Can honestly say, have never seen one. Darn! I have had a few guys compliment my generic cowboy boots, always thank them, hoping the conversation will go farther. Always wondered if any guys flying with me have heels stashed in their carry ons.

Like all have said, the TSA shouldn't cause much concern, they usually don't know who matches up with what carry on or bin. I have had a few TSA guys ask me "is this your bag", after watching my bag go through the xray with four pairs of boots in it! I just casually say "yes", nothing else is ever said.

I would choose a pair of heels/boots that you are comfortable walking great distances in though, as others have mentioned. Long walks are the norm, along with rough surfaces, pulling carry ons, or having to carry your bag down a set of "air stairs".

You need to have realistic expectations, I know we all would love to command our 6" stilettos through the airport, but I don't think this is a realistic expectation, even for the most confident heelers.

Having a negative experience, fumbling, tripping, or just getting tired out/sore, can be a real set back in terms of having confidence in public settings. I guess what I am saying is "set yourself up for success" when making a rugged journey through airports.

Again, as most have pointed out, most people are too busy messing with their phones to even notice what we might be wearing, most don't care either! But, you need to have a plan for a stray negative comment, or chuckle, these experiences can be a real set back as well. So, I surely would NOT use a plane trip for one of my first public heeling experiences, it is unreasonable to expect yourself to handle such an outing with confidence. Always build up to the airport experience with many smaller trips "under your heels".

Rockpup: Sounds like you are getting married buddy, congratulations!

Dang PebblesF, I was on the subsiduary company, American Eagle just last week. What routes do you commonly do?

I'll keep an eye out, cheers!

I'm based out of Boston Mass, so usually just do flights thru dallas, Chicago, Miami, or perhaps to LA.  We get trips to Vancouver every once in awhile.  Did you wear your boots on American eagle?  Let me know if you have any future trips on AA.

Don

My last flying experience in (flat heeled) boots was back in 2003.  This was before airport security had everyone remove their shoes (pre TSA)  I posted a note back then.  I don't think I have been flying since.  The distances I travel are faster by car and I do wear boots with heels when driving.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi PebblesF,

Sorry been away for a couple of weeks.,

I'm based out of Boston Mass, so usually just do flights thru dallas, Chicago, Miami, or perhaps to LA.  We get trips to Vancouver every once in awhile.  Did you wear your boots on American eagle?  Let me know if you have any future trips on AA.

Don

Yes I did wear thme on American Eagle, had no problems and or comments. I will let you know for sure if i am flying AA next time. Thanks!

I will be flying to Phoenix here in the not too distant future.  The temptation is strong to wear heels for the flight but my wife will be picking me up inside the terminal.  Changing into sneakers before I get to the waiting area inside the terminal seems like a pretty lame thing to do.

She "allows" me to wear heels out and about from time to time if I am cautious about my location.  She isn't comfortable going out with me and really, really does not want the, "Did I see your husband wearing heels?" question should I ever run into people that we know.

So, I believe that respecting her boundaries looks like passing on this opportunity to wear heels while flying.

Later,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I will be flying to Phoenix here in the not too distant future.  The temptation is strong to wear heels for the flight but my wife will be picking me up inside the terminal.  Changing into sneakers before I get to the waiting area inside the terminal seems like a pretty lame thing to do.

She "allows" me to wear heels out and about from time to time if I am cautious about my location.  She isn't comfortable going out with me and really, really does not want the, "Did I see your husband wearing heels?" question should I ever run into people that we know.

So, I believe that respecting her boundaries looks like passing on this opportunity to wear heels while flying.

Later,

Larry

Sounds like wives have even more fear to overcome than the guy wearing the heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Sounds like wives have even more fear to overcome than the guy wearing the heels.

This is true. My wife and I had a conversation last week about just that. We talked about it being okay on other guys but not her guy. She said, "Honey, I still have a lot of work to do on me, I get it. I'm still just not that comfy with it. "

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

They were tested pretty good. I intend to take them off while in the airplane.

A caution... The lower cabin pressure lets your feet swell.  You may have a problem getting them back on.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Guys you are the best, thanks for all the feedback. I picked up really thin socks to make sure they fit back in and those are COACH shoes. The leather is soft like butter. I will update on the situation from the trip.

Yes, it's true sometimes your feet swell during a flight, but I've never had any trouble except on a trans-Pacific flight of 13 hours. I've never had any difficulty getting my shoes back on on a domestic flight.

Trip is over and I am home in one piece.

It was a great and fun day. Walked thru Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver airports, pretty much all day in those shoes

with breaks on the airplane where I took them off.

Jitters stopped about half an hour into the whole adventure.

It all ended with my lovely wife picking mi up at the airport.

If you guys have any questions about the trip, let me know.

Thanks for the support and feedback.

Jitters stopped about half an hour into the whole adventure.

And they will probably never return again.  Those are nice boots that you should be able to wear anywhere.

I tried flying in heels when I returned from SF this weekend. It was a cool experience, even though the foot swelling is a problem. I did manage to fit into my new payless pumps upon landing, but the feet were quite swollen when I got home. I don't know if it's a problem healthwise.

I tried flying in heels when I returned from SF this weekend. It was a cool experience, even though the foot swelling is a problem. I did manage to fit into my new payless pumps upon landing, but the feet were quite swollen when I got home. I don't know if it's a problem healthwise.

Swelling feet is a common problem when flying due to a drop in air pressure.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Swelling is exacerbated by sitting in one position for a long time and not moving. Blood and other body fluids sink down into the legs and feet and cause swelling. If the blood pools and starts to clot, you do run the risk of deep vein thrombosis, where a clot can move into the lungs or brain. Whenever you fly, move your feet every few minutes. Flex your ankles, wiggle your toes, move your feet as much as you can. If you can get up every hour to walk around the cabin, do so. If it's a long flight, stand up for a bit every now and then. I've traveled to Australia, Europe, and the middle east many times, and never once had a problem with swelling, but I practice what I preach. And wearing support hosiery is a definite plus, as it keeps the swelling down and keeps the blood flowing properly.

Steve

And they will probably never return again.  Those are nice boots that you should be able to wear anywhere.

You might be right.

The next day I dressed up in those boots and we went to the church and shopping mall.

I was totally relaxed and no jitters al all.