Madonna Makes Men In Heels Very Boring

benno

Madonna has made men wearing heels into something trite and obvious.

Awful song, awful video, fierce gay men being fierce and gay... wow!

How has she done this?

Not the way I'd like to see men in heels depicted, for sure. However, part of what we've been saying has happened here; an A-list performance by an A-list performer showing men in heels. Until Tom Hanks shows up on the red carpet in Louboutins, I guess this'll have to do.

Edited by UpBy5

It's no more than Kylie was doing about ten years ago.

Or Gaga a few years back in the music video for Alejandro for that matter. Unless we're not counting Gaga as A-list.

Yep, it's not new. I just wish someone would do something more boundary pushing and inspiring. If Madonna or Kylie or any of the new edgy ones did something shocking but visually perfect with men vaguely heterosexual it could open some amazing doors.

I met ' Madonna ' once. I thought she was cool.. till she started speaking.. She used to be a hell of a performer/Musician, but shes faded quite a bit from her former glory. This video more-or-less shows what people would expect of ' men wearing womens heels '. Poster guys for gay clubs with techno music playing. Its just ' more of the same ' or similar to other videos that have been posted on this site and looked upon on youtube over the last 2-3 years. I think whats really needed is a scene or a video of some guy with a woman, hand in hand, getting a bit ' dirty ' or something to really put a shock-factor into the mix. Hmm.. maybe I need to start a slush fund for a 1080p type cam..

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I think its a good sign of letting people know that its out there and that it is the trend. Especially that celebrities are acknowledging it. I think the videos are very motivating to let everyone know that we need to take a chance sometimes and that the status quo is boring regardless of preference or lifestyle. So I love it.

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

I agree but it needs to get radical. Remember how shocking Annie Lennox was in her 'ginger hair and a suit' prime? There wasn't anything really subvurtive in the Madonna video... Just over the top dancing, probably gay, men. People will watch it and think the men are just camping up a stereotype. Imagine for a minute that Madonna was with a very cute straight guy and she dresses him up in edgy but still masculine clothes and then slips a pair of amazing shoes onto him and takes him off on an adventure into another world.

Edited by benno

Where is the "I like Amanda" button? On the topic, i can't watch the video currently but i question their sexuality, why would male dancers in high heels be gay?

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker:

I agree but it needs to get radical. Remember how shocking Annie Lennox was in her 'ginger hair and a suit' prime? There wasn't anything really subvurtive in the Madonna video... Just over the top dancing, probably gay, men. People will watch it and think the men are just camping up a stereotype.

You have made the point that is seen by a great deal of those whom would watch such a video. ' Fags in womens shoes? Ya dont say '. It somewhat disturbs/annoys me in the fact that shes playing to a stereotypical scenario.

Because I might wear a pair of heels, and play to a crowd, I should have hecklers out there stating ' are you one of the fags/homos/queers [insert whatever foul term one wishes here] from madonnas video? ' when NONE of us know anything about those dancers. Are they hetero or homo sexual? *I* dont know and I wont PRESUME to know, but Madonna makes no impression of these guys being hetero, thus most idiots by default will say ' they are gay ' when none of us know the truth to it.

Your idea here :

Imagine for a minute that Madonna was with a very cute straight guy and she dresses him up in edgy but still masculine clothes and then slips a pair of amazing shoes onto him and takes him off on an adventure into another world.

.. would be much better received by a LOT more people and would be more original in content.

I'm sure Madonna could even make an electricity bill seem boring xx

Post of the day x2!! :D

i can't watch the video currently but i question their sexuality, why would male dancers in high heels be gay?

Its a stereotype.

This might confuse you as it does most people when I tell them of this incident.

I was involved with my better half in a ' very emotional expression ' at a club. Mind you, I havent had any inklings towards men ( wont rule out that it could happen someday ) but presently im engaged to be married this fall ( to a woman ).

Some ' idiot ' looked at us and stated ' Why are the nice looking babes all fag hags? '. HUH? EXCUSE ME? Because I have a pair of wedge boots on, Im instantly a ' fag '? Really? Seriously? A guy.. making out with a woman.. THATS ' gay '? Since when?!?! I didnt even know what to say to the guy. What can you really say to something or someone like that? Is there ANY chance of intellectual responses that would make it into the comprehension of such an individual?

I wont claim to have ANY understanding on how that individuals conclusion was drawn. I will state his logic is all kinds of wrong and laughable at best.

If anyone were to take a picture of any guy in heels and show it to a group of people, most ( men and women both ) would say ' hes gay ' or believe in such a leaning/conviction/tendency. Doesnt matter if the group was straight men, gay men, straight or gay women.. a mixture of all the above..

To the converse, if many of those same individuals saw a good looking/nice figured woman wearing Combat boots with a buzzcut hairdo, they would say ' look at the dyke '. How would anyone know if the woman was a lesbian or not?

Its a paradox situation. People want sexy clothing, but does sexy clothing imply what someones sexuallity really is? *I* dont believe so.

Theres these ' bear ' guys. They wear leather and are gay. They look like ' bikers '. I dare ANYONE to go to a Sturgis Rally and call those bikers ' gay ' or ' bears ' and see what happens! :D

Clothes can be ' sexy ', but clothes do not determine someones sexuality. ' Madonna ' and other ' prestigious ' individuals never take the moment to distinguish such. They dont have to. They believe they are just exercising their ' right to freedom of expression ' or being ' artistic ' but in reality, there just might be a chance they are mis-representing something.

The stereotypes DO exist. Sad but true.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I've not seen the video, but it sounds like Madonna's peddling the belief that we have some solidarity with gay men that we don't with straight men. That's cheap. I just like my friends, however they are. And I'm glad to have them.

well, you can just tell that guy is very insecure & was brought up not to respect anyone dressed different, so theres really nothing you CAN say to anyone who is not smart enough to understand what he's actually seeing- you'd be waisting your time in the extreme. to say ANYTHING to morons like that as my late grandma used to say (dad's side) " consider the source", just about sums it all up because if this idiot had even HALF a workable brain he wouldnt say anything, much less THINK thoughts like that-his poor excuse of intelect does exsist.

Edited by demoniaplatforms

Where is the "I like Amanda" button?

On the topic, i can't watch the video currently but i question their sexuality, why would male dancers in high heels be gay?

Not a Madonna fan. But in fairness, anyone who knows the male dancing scene at all understands that it is overwhelming gay. Proudly, unflinchingly so. Sure there are straight men in the profession, but not many. We can say what we want all day long, but it won't change that reality.

So .. it is not so much that act of wearing the heels makes them gay. It is that they are likely gay, and are wearing the heels. Although I do not feel she is successful, the vibe is intended to be "edgy". It is the juxtaposition of the men whirling about skillfully in heels that is supposed to be visually arresting, and the perceived ultimate flaunting gayness of their movement which is supposed to create a unease in certain populations, adding to the "edge".

As summed up perfectly in the original post: fierce gay men being fierce and gay in heels is both obvious and trite. But that speaks to failed artistic vision more than anything else.

My original point was along the lines of 'do something that's not 30 years out of date and actually shock people for the better'. Maybe Madonna needs to just piss off if this is the best she can do.

Agreed. Madonna is tired. It has been a long time since she had her finger on the pulse. Videos like this show she no longer knows how to shake things up and/or is going through the motions. For me the issue of this video was never that men were in heels or how they were portrayed. It was just how run of the mill and tired the whole exercise was. Unfortunately for us all, Madonna will never piss off. We will be watching her try to shock in terribly boring ways for years to come.