Why Do Guys Love To Wear High Heels?

Curt

Why is it? I love wearing them too. Maybe because its taboo. Or we want the attention. I just like to be unique, and have never been embarrased by it. I went out to a formal event with my parents. Wore my chunky loafers there. My parents didn't think anything was out of the ordiinary. When we were there, a girl walked by with high wedges on. My dad said, son I think she has you beaten. Who would think? I think we do it for the attention.

I think she has you beaten. Did he mean you look like bad compared to her? I have black chunky loafer like you see on my picture. The principal reason of why I wear them often at home after working is they are pretty. I want they look good on me . I really like the black color when I look them by side. No man shoe are made like that. We can say for the shoes we are talking about that those shoes should not be wearing by girls only!

I like to wear heels for several reasons. 1. Because I like heels. 2. I have a feminine side and enjoy exploring it. 3. I have achilles tendonitis and it helps relieve the pain while/when I wear heels. 4. Heels were made originally by men for men, women stole our shoes I'm just takin' 'em back ;) lol. My $.02, I can't speak for anyone else. -Nikki

bootcat, Seems like I'm replying to you today but you have interesting questions.Why do men wear heels? The same reason women do I largely believe; stylish and sexy looking footwear that brings a sense of art and expression to the feet. Women have an endless array of clothing, fabrics, colors, styling to choose from while men have utilitarian things to choose from. But I think men just want the same fashion equality that women enjoy. I really wouldn't want to become a women and have to worry about security issues if I wanted to walk or travel alone as I do now as a man. But, as a man having an X and a Y chromosome I know there are feminine ingredients inside me. Men who embrace their feminine side are invariably artistic and highly sucessful. While many are gay there are many more who are not. I like my tennis shoes but I also love the idea of putting on some high sandals or gettting a pedicure and seeing my colorful toes looking back at me in the sunshine. Women's clothes and shoes bring about happiness and whyn the hell should I deny myself that? I fathered two kids, served in the Navy five years, got shot at and took a few shots myself, and played football fort five years so my "man card" is pretty safe. That's why I like heels, it's simple and individual expression. HappyinHeels

Wish I could give a reason why I like girls shoes so much, just something I have always done and I can never give up. Many years of thought have gone into this why how but cannot find a reason or answer, just something I enjoy doing.

life is not a rehearsal

Why do you love a rock and roll? Why do you love football? Why do you love Eastenders? Why do love the colour blue? So much questions. Why ask this question? It's just the way it is. I like heels and that's all it is, simple as that.

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

Why? I suspect for the same reasons as many women who choose to wear them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I would suggest there are as many reasons as there are men who wear them. Many here say it is a simple fashion expression. I take that at face value. Who am I to say what goes on in other people's heads? But I would also suspect, for others, it is far more complex, in some cases, unknowable because the driving force behind it goes unexplored. Going back and reading many of the threads on when some (I stress "some") of the guys here started wearing heels is instructive. The desire to throw on heels is fairly strong and -based on the ages I'm reading the desire started - certainly pre-dates any sophisticated understanding of fashion or the even more abstract concept of "fashion freedom". Lastly, heels, as an object, for some others seem to occupy a great deal of the brain space considering that they are in fact, a simple item of clothing. Personal example: I enjoy suits. Wear them every day. I feel I look good in them, I get complimented in them - and I am always looking for a good shirt and tie to compliment them. But suits occupy my mind in a very different way than heels. Even when professed to be simple, I think the reasons can be complex.

I think HHeeler raised a good point. Most of us started in our mum's heels as prepubescents when the last thing on our minds would have been fashion. We put the heels on and we liked it, simple. The question I would ask though is "Do men like wearing heels?". Judging by the way that heels for men is slow to catch on I'm guessing that the answer for all but a tiny minority of men is a resounding "no!".

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Society has placed certain activities, jobs, fashion and colors into categories, Men and Women's. Just because society has deemed these things to be for men or women, this doesn't change the fact that a certain percentage of both will like something, no matter what it has been categorized. Heels have been placed in the Women's category but why wouldn't the same percentage of men (compared to women) have an interest in them? They are not inherently female. Like football (a men's category item), both sexes can participate. In the last few decades, women have been able to embrace things in the Men's category. They like and play sports, wear pants, can wear a tux, be a truck driver, etc... Thus, we men are now the only ones restricted from what society had deemed "women's." Just because it is in the women's category doesn't mean that men aren't interested or want to participate. Most will refrain due to the "rules" but they do have the interest.

Edited by CassieJ

I think HHeeler raised a good point. Most of us started in our mum's heels as prepubescents when the last thing on our minds would have been fashion. We put the heels on and we liked it, simple.

The Doc is spot-on, as usual. I'm lucky in that I can see in my mind's eye the exact moment that my interest was piqued....stepped into an aunt's gold, dress flats at age 4. As mom chased me out of 'em immediately, my first experience lasted all of six seconds, just enough to chisel the femme-style shoe desire in stone. Those of you out there who may fret about the desire, get past it. It lasts a lifetime, in my experience. Psychological self-flagelation only spoils the fun. Also, in my experience, heel-wearing has not lead into other interests in women's fashions. I think that has to have been put there in the psyche, somewhere, somehow, to begin with. In my case, if it were there, it would have been outted years ago. Didn't happen. One more thing to quit worrying about.

UpBy5

I have to agree with the taboo that Bootcat mentions. It probably could be a cullture item, simply that men do not wear heels or any other woman's shoes. But when he does, a man derives the pleasure of bucking the tide and pushing the envelope of social correctness. And then there is the thrill of mastering what some woman cannot do, or will not try - walking in heels. This is much the same as the feelings that I felt when I first tried a heel while using crutches. I posted a little story about it in the stories section, also one one about wearing one "stripper" platform with crutches. Thanks for posting, Bootcat. E

Dr Shoe wrote:

The question I would ask though is "Do men like wearing heels?".

Judging by the way that heels for men is slow to catch on I'm guessing that the answer for all but a tiny minority of men is a resounding "no!".

I'm not so sure. I think many men who would love to try heels are too scared of the reactions that would occur if they did. I have never seen a man try on heels and not think it was interesting. Most of them have even done a little twirl and looked like they were really enjoying it. When platforms for men were all the rage in the 70s men wore them to death.

I once read about a test done on little kids. Boys and girls were all given the same dressing up box and in almost all cases they went straight for the most garish and outlandish items.

They were too young to fully grasp terms like fetish, gender and wrong, so what was going on in their heads?

Edited by benno

Benno, I agree with you. Here's another data point: Last year I attended a charity walk called Walk a Mile in Her Shoes, to raise money for a local shelter for sexually abused children. It was a well attended event, with 500 people having a great time walking (or trying to walk) in high heels. Most of them were male, and a lot of the shoes were garish and flashy. You could tell who had experience walking in heels and who was doing it for the first time. Some of the guys were hilarious, but everyone was having fun. The charity walk was a great venue for these guys to play out their fantasies in a respectable public setting where they wouldn't be singled out as odd, feminine, or "gay." Steve

I think that men look at women wearing them and how good they look on them and say that they could look the same on us plus they feel great on your feet and they change the way you walk and we like that tight narrow feeling on your feet

Benno,

I agree with you. Here's another data point: Last year I attended a charity walk called Walk a Mile in Her Shoes, to raise money for a local shelter for sexually abused children. It was a well attended event, with 500 people having a great time walking (or trying to walk) in high heels. Most of them were male, and a lot of the shoes were garish and flashy. You could tell who had experience walking in heels and who was doing it for the first time. Some of the guys were hilarious, but everyone was having fun. The charity walk was a great venue for these guys to play out their fantasies in a respectable public setting where they wouldn't be singled out as odd, feminine, or "gay."

Steve

I participate in many of these charity walks for that very reason. I own a dozen pair of heels and the only time I can wear them out is for these walks. I consider myself one of the more experienced heelers.

Way to go, Willie. How was the latest walk at Tuttle Crossing Mall? I didn't go this year, but enjoyed it last year. Was the attendance good? Was it indoors or outside? What did you wear? Any photos? Steve