Supermarket Walk

legs777777

Hi all. Have to tell every one my latest venture. I went to my local supermarket the other night and normally I would think twice about going in wearing heels, but not this time. Decided to push the boundaries a bit more this time. Put on my high cowboy style boots 3" heel and went in. the comments that most people say is that nobody notices and they are right. But it felt great walking round in my heels, I think now it will happen more often.

Nice one legs777777. I imagine your cowboy style boots make a bit of a noise but not a stiletto type of click. It's quite a casual style that other shoppers might wear so it must've blended in quite easily. The last time I went to a supermarket in heels was a couple of weeks ago and I wore my brown wedge sandals with jeans. The only person who noticed was the assistant at the self-checkout who did a double-take, most other people were too preoccupied trying to find what they wanted to buy..It's probably the more formal styles that can attract more attention, which can be kind of fun too.

If you like it, wear it.

I almost always go to the supermarket in heels. Just tonight I wore a pair of 3" black sandal slides with black capri jeans and a red polo shirt. My heels were quite visible and really no one paid much attention to me wearing heels with capris. Even the check-out clerk commented that they looked good on me. She has seen me wearing heels in the store lots of times. It was not even a shock to her that I also wear deep red polish on my toes too! Happy Heeling, bluejay

Good for you Legs ! Supermarket trips worked well for me to develop my courage to push the boundaries. Ramping it up with new heel heights, styles and and increased clicking noise is great fun and preserves the thrill. These days I love to see the reactions I get, which are mostly nothing and the occasional double take. .... and yes the extra height is great to look down at others (I'm 6'4" in my big heels).....Some of the other things I like to entertain myself with in a supermarket are: - when somebody is looking closely at something on a lower shelf , I stop as close to them as possible and reach up for something on the upper shelf giving them a close up view of my heels..... - seeing if I can spear the odd pieces of fruit or pick and mix sweets lost on the floor with my stiletto...... - Showing visibly that I can better handle my heels than the few women wearing decent heels while shopping....

Western high heel boots are a good choice for building up confidence wearing heels in public. The heels aren't too noticable and you have a bit more heel to stand over uneven terrain. I have a pair of 4" western heel black leather boots from Guess. Can't wait for the next outing!

It's been a while since I wore my heels to the supermarket so, inspired by this thread, I thought I'd do it again. I wore my black 3½" ankle boots under bootcut jeans with a casual polo shirt. The only remark I heard was from a 4-year-old girl who looked at my shoes, looked at me, looked at my shoes again and said to her little sister "that's a boy wearing girls shoes". Of course no mention was made of my "girls" jeans or shirt, which just goes to show the gender significance of shoes/heels even at such a young age. However she also said it very matter-of-factly, which just goes to show the absence of prejudice at that age too. I think when they give you loyalty card points for how many bags you're re-using, they should also give bonus points for how high your heels are! ;-)

If you like it, wear it.