FreshinHeels

Polished finger nails  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you polish you're fingernails?

• Yes but only with a clear polish
    • Yes with different colours
    • No but I buff them
    • No none off the above

There's is a topic about polishen you're toe nails but we have 10 more nails. And I'm curious if people polish there fingernails. Poll was triggered cause I polished my fingernails for the first time today with a colour. Usually I have clear polish on. We were in Amsterdam today and came across a polish called "High heel" from "Only you". Couldn't resist that colour. (and got new shoes :)) I't's a nice purple I loooove purple. I'll keep it on tomorrow but it's coming off before I go to work and I gaven't got the courage for that. Mrs isn't really thrilled with it , she's afraid I will go further and further with female stuff. No worries there really and after a good talk with eachother things are good.

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

• 2 weeks later...

I shape them when long enough to do so (digging in the vegetable garden does a number on them), Also I course buff them before applying a shiny nail hardener.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The last few months been doing black. To keep it complete I need to touch it up all the time so I am thinking about going to the Bristol market place and getting the acrylic job for $12 then we see if the discount place is as good as the expensive place. If I do that I will not get long ones just about a hundred mil past the finger tip (2.5 mm) And stay with black.

I don't polish fingernails for a couple reasons. First off, the kinds of work I do doesn't lend itself to it. I get too much grease and grime all over my hands so any treatment on the fingernails would be a waste of time. Second reason would be the neanderthal steel mill mentality of my co-workers. Nuff said there. I am lucky that I grow some of the tuffest nails around. It's not unusual for me to have super long nails. Mine are usually the longest in a house full of girls. I have joked for years that if my nails could be transplanted and grow back, I could be a millionaire. I break clippers and regularly use industrial fine tooth files as emery boards.

• 4 weeks later...

My nail tech at the salon suggested a color that is perfect for me - it's called "Nomad's Dream" by OPI. It's a satin rose color that matches my skin complexion and look great. My wife even likes it on me, too. I wear it on my toe and fingernails. I also tried a darker color copper called Antique Bronze by Sally Hansen, but my wife thinks it's too dark for me (and thus draws attention). So far I've had only one person ask about it, though. Nobody else seems to care. I kind of like it because it matches a copper bracelet that I like to wear. Steve

Tonight, I had to go to the Sally Beauty supply store to get some 100% Acetone to remove polish. I have long nails on my little fingers. I sometimes put red polish on them to match my toes, so tonight I did my little pinkies in red. The clerk noticed but was more interested in my red toes and my Naturalizer 3-1/2" heeled sandals I was wearing. I told her that I was very comfortable with what I was wearing tonight! Happy Heeling, bluejay

• 3 weeks later...

I let my nails grow quite long, does not take very long then I bite my nails all off go outside and file them down on my brick wall, works for me, no I would not think of painting them. My girlfriend does get a bit annoyed how quick my nails grow, she spends hours having false one fitted etc, same for my daughter. Have the same problem with my hair grows very quickly but I have it cut once a year and yes its way passed my shoulders, but as I am the wrong side of sixty and not going bald or grey I just let it grow been like that since 1968. In the 70's it was waist length but now I stick to just passed the shoulders and a bit.

Edited by dww

life is not a rehearsal

• 1 month later...

I do polish the fingers, although I have just gone with out a month or 2 which a first in years. I have been doing french on my fingers, love that look but a in light sensitive gel. It lasts so long it is wonderful. A friend of mine does them for me and she is so good with them, she is a couple hours away so it is not always easy to keep them up. ail envy is my main, I can do them and it keeps me on the maintenance program.

I've recently started getting manicures which gets finished off with a clear polish. It seems to make my nails harder and the manicure last longer. The idea of colors is tempting. Has anybody tried a french manicure? If so, how long did it last and did it attract any attention?

Hey Booted, I have had lots of French nails done, I have done with them with gel and regular nail polish. The regular last a week maybe, or you can go for weekend and take it off if when ever you wish. The gel lasts longer 2 weeks then you need fill ins and retouch, but in theory they could last a month or 2. Really depends on what you want to do. I would suggest a French with regular polish, try it out and then decide from there. With the nail tips you can get a creamy or off white which makes the nail less obvious. Sure people noticed, had some women ask if I have had my nails done, I said yes indeed, they said wow! Cool! I would do them all the time but it is hard when my work stuffs them into the ground. Colors attract more attention than a French would, also you learn to hide them or shall I say hold hands as to not make so obvious if you are nervous. I have noticed that women who get there nails done or wear nice shoes or attractive clothes do not look at anyone in the eye, this gives me the feeling they close themselves off to comments or looks which may come to them. So while I have my nail done in french, I do the same thing and it works, just go about business and do look for the comments. Hope you try it! I really like the French look. Mtnsofheels

My nails are so white that I've been accused of having a french manicure but in reality they just had clear nail hardener on them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I always do mine in clear. Sometimes I do my little pinkies in color like red, bright pink, royal blue and purple. I keep the nail longer on those fingers and just last week had them in bright pink color for Breast Cancer Awareness month and I did get a couple of compliments from women that like the look on me. Incidentally, I have a red pedi too and I do show it off wearing heeled sandals when the temps are warm enough , but I think that is over until next summer. Happy Heeling, bluejay

I think my nails are awesome because they grow out evenly and the tips smooth out on their own. I've been complimented by some of the girls at work because they thought I had got a manicure, which unfortunately, I never have. I currently have a bottle of magenta nail polish sitting on my nightstand that I have yet to get the courage to try. I'm not worried about it on campus, but at work could be a little awkward because my mom's my boss and she has no idea about my feminine side. I mean, she freaked out when I told her I shave my legs, so I have no clue how that conversation would go.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛABΕ

Rei, Go ahead and give it a try with the magenta. I have hot pink polish on my little pinkies only, because I keep those nails long. I have been complimented by mostly women on my look especially this month of October and wearing pink for Breast Cancer Awareness. At first my wife was not thrilled with the color pink (she has seen them in red at times and has come to accept red, purple and blue polish on my little pinkies) but a couple of days ago she did say she is starting to like it, maybe not 100%, especially as a waitress at our dining out complimented me on the look and thanked me for wearing pink! Happy Heeling, bluejay

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love to but...

Confession:- I used to work with a colleague who regularly had different designs, some with crystals or glitter and I really had to focus on something else.....

• 2 months later...

Yesterday, my wife went to have a mani. She chose a purple color from OPI at the nail salon. When I got home last night she showed me her nails and I love the purple color on her fingers. Since she bought a vile of the purple for touch-ups I asked her if I could polish my little pinkies with the same color. I do color my little pinkies at times and I usually have a red pedi too. At first she hesitated, but then she said, after you come home from your meeting I will paint your little pinkies, which she did later last night. I really enjoyed that very much and we had some fun together too, later!!!!!! Today, when I went to the bank, I showed my little pinkies to the teller and she said that we complimented each other. She was wearing a lilac color. I told her that my wife colored them to match her new mani that she got yesterday. All she said was "wow". She has seen me with colored little pinkies before. In October I wore "hot pink" color for Breast Cancer Awareness Month and other times I have had them colored in red, blue and sparkle red. I only do my little pinkies and I do get positive comments from the gals too! Happy Heeling, bluejay

post-2962-0-82539200-1358575733_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

Those are nice looking nails scott_f. How long did it take to grow them to that length? I wouldn't be able to work with long nails like that. That's why I only let my little pinkys grow a bit longer. Usually color them and use clear on the rest of my nails. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Those are nice looking nails scott_f. How long did it take to grow them to that length?

I wouldn't be able to work with long nails like that. That's why I only let my little pinkys grow a bit longer. Usually color them and use clear on the rest of my nails.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

those arent real....but my real nails have since grown to around that length

• 7 months later...

I just clean and file nails I am a cook in a restaurant and the health issues would be a problem and Health inspector  would frown on it even if I wore rubber or latex gloves   I am satisfied with just the toenails  painted to show off  my strappy sandals anyday. Thankyou.