Sizing Of Faith Boots

barney15c

I have just won an auction for a pair of Faith Ankle Boots on Ebay Sz10UK.

I have heard that Faith no longer sell this size and only go up to a SZ9UK so this is a bit of a rarity. Can anyone confirm in general if Faith run true to size or run small, heel height according to description is 4.5 inches.

Thanks.

Here is the pic from ebay of them:

Posted Image

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Nice buy, hope they work out for you. I can't help you with Faith though. From the pic, as you say the width looks fairly good but the toe box does appear to be fairly thin or slender so there might not be as much volume as you are hoping for. Bring on the stretching machine.... _ Sellers can be pretty useless at measuring something as easy as a heel height, anyway I doubt those are less than 4.25" from the pic. I often ask for an internal length measurement in cms along the insole, some get the point ok others make a real hash of it. One read the wrong side of the rule and gave me a figure a whole centimetre longer than they actually were. /I

/I

Here is another picture of i'm what i'm pretty sure is the same model boot in the same size by a different seller on Ebay which gives a better indication to the heel height of the ons i bought.

Posted Image

Very nice boot! I can support what Firefox said about Faith boots usually running small. I currently wear a recently purchased pair of Faith's "Sabrina" 4 1/2" heel boots in size 9 (their largest in that style and normally my own size), but they squeezed my feet like size 8s, so I haver to stretch them up a size before they would fit me propoerly. Conversely, I found this week that a pair of River Island's boots was the other way round! This time I bought a pair of 4 1/2" heeled boots called "Bev", but amazingly their size 8 fitted my size 9 foot perfectly. So, to sum up, Faith's "Size 9" was more like an 8, whereas River Island's "Size 8" was more like a 9! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Confession time :( I went into the local CND charity shop today and bought a pair of Faith boots, I spotted on Friday. They are marked an 8 and are a good 8 in foot length, however they are quite narrow but do have a sort of rounded square toe. I only need to get them to stretch a bit across the ball of the foot if I can. The heels are 4", not tapered and a kind of trapezoidal cross-section about 1" x 1" and a completely plain leather design for the vamp. Not very sure what this dates them too. Even if I could, I wouldn't put a picture up, 'cos Firefox will have them off me in a flash!! :( My bargaining attempt didn't wash :( , because previously I haven't paid more than 5GBPs in a charity shop and these were rather more. Mind you they are in perfect nick apart from quite a bit of off-centre wear on the heel tips. /I

/I

I don't usually bargain in Charity shops because stuff is cheap and it's all in a good cause. Mind you, CND is a bit different. It's hardly a good cause, more a political viewpoint. Let me know if you can't get on with them, I'c. I may well relieve you of your burden for a crisp tenner :(

Well my boots arrived today and all things considered they don't fit too bad. They certainly do not have as much room as my other size 10 boots (more lengthwise than width) and the heel feels much higher than 4.5 inches but im pretty confident that with a little wear they will fit quite well. They have a very wide toebox which definately helps. I have another pair of Faith Sz 10 boots coming that I also won on Ebay but I believe they are a lot narrower and I fear I wont be so lucky with them.

I would value board members opinions in if they have a pair of the same or by judging by their appearance if the are a small fit.

Here are the boots:

Posted Image

The boots pictured in my post of 26 November arrived today and pretty much as I feared because of the narrow toe they did not fit :( Absolutely gutted as they are fantastic boots pretty much my ideal boot. So just as other board members have said as regards Faith styles generally running small I have found out by bitter experience, I was lucky that the broader toe ones fitted. I have one potential buyer lined up fortunately, if it falls through keep a look on the for sale section on this board!!

commiserations Barney, I got an eBay dud this week too. I hadn't made my usual insole length query in advance and paid for it. And it was only for something much lower too, I seem to have found higher stuff in full sizing without difficulty but for some reason all my attempts to get 2.5" block heels for general purpose streetware have failed so far. Why they should be undersized is a mystery and they are quite scarce on eBay too while there's loads of 4" heels. Must be the ladies who can't wear them that high clearing them out while they use and wear out the low ones. Lets hope the next attempt will be a success. /I

/I

Lee's loss was fortunately my gain. I already had one pair of size 10's from Faith, the style with the double zip, which fit me perfectly, and knew that Faith's size 9's fit for length but not quite for width, but I couldn't get hold of any more size 10's.

They arrived on Friday morning and fit like a glove. I've already spent quite a lot of time in them, which included about a half mile walk yesterday and shopping in Sainsbury's this morning. They are very comfortable as well as extremely stylish.

Thanks a lot Lee.

Posted Image