A Brief Heeling Trip

wobblyheight

Hi All, I've not posted on HHPlace for a while due to personal & work commitments unfortunately. I was even wondering if I'd lost interest... However a brief trip the other weekend re-affirmed my love of the 'past time' Anyway, I was wearing a pair of black, mid-heel MaryJane's from Tescos (hardly high fashion, sorry!) with quite a square toe that made them really comfortable. The low'ish heel was useful considering my lack of recent practice. A slow browse around the shoes depts of New Look and Dorothy Perkins was confidence building, especailly as it was near the end of shopping hours and so quiet. Onto Next and I found a beautiful pair of Snakeskin Courts in my size which I was all ready to ask to try on. However the two young'ish female assistants had obviously seen my heels by then and were looking a little surprised / alarmed / taken-aback. This knocked my confidence a bit and so I started out. At that point I saw a brief smirk from one of them, so my cussed side surfaced and I deliberately strutted out as prominently and noisely as possible. I guess this had some kind of impact as when I looked back from outside the shop the smirking girl was at the door and we exchanged a friendly wave :-) That helped restore my confidence somewhat and I rounded off the trip by continuing to wear my heels whilst filling up at a petrol station. So there you are, not very exciting compared to some but I enjoyed it and hope not to leave it so long next time. I guess in the end, you can take the boy out of his heels, but you can't take the heels out of the boy :-) Happy heeling to all.

Every time out early on is a boost of confidence that you build on until you come to the realization that your taste in shoes is somehow normal.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

wobblyheight: Every trip you take, no matter where you go or how brief it might be, helps you to gain experience which, in turn, leads to future trips as you come to enjoy the experiences more and more. Bottom line: have fun, and you will!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

You all have your own problems to solve but what it really comes down to is whether you are doing something because it seems right for you or are you fulfilling a dare that you made to yourself. I decided that I was going to wear the style of shoes tha felt good and to heck with what anyone else thought about it. This you can call confidence or you can call it servival. I call it the latter. If it seems good to you and it is harmless to others, then do it. that is what freedom is all about. This is comming from a guy that has been married to the same woman longer than the life expectancy and helped to raise five great children. I just wish that I had started to try on shoes that really fit a long time ago.