A ' Platform ' I Really Like!

ilikekicks

I think the world might end here..

Giuseppe-Zanotti-gold-tone-pump-fall-2012.jpg

Heres the ones I want..

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306418098&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446490698&site_refer=AFF001&mid=13816&siteID=J84DHJLQkR4-18SOE7224to8cDrlLw4xHA&LScreativeid=1&LSlinkid=15&LSoid=203720&LSsid=J84DHJLQkR4

I normally dont spend this type of money on ANY footware, but Im just.. cant explain it..

Im NOT at all into platforms and believe they make peoples feet look clunky and out of place. The platform on this is so well hidden though..

Anyone own any Giuseppe-Zanotti shoes and if so, are they conformable or do they feel like trash?

Edited by ilikekicks

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Wow - - at that price they better not be trash. They really don't look like a platform. Very well hidden for sure. I'd love to acquire a pair, but at that price, I'd be better off saving my money for a good lawyer

Love the look of them. They appear to hide a 1 inch platform well by using a low cut vamp.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Those are gorgeous. Platform is well hidden and I like the accent on the stiletto.

So...are you going for it?

Im going to NYC this weekend. I have every intention to stop at Saks and try a pair on/see how they fit. For that kind of money, I want to make sure they are comfortable, fit well and look as good ' in person '.

I *dont* believe these shoes are worth the money. I really dont think ANY shoe is worth more then 200$ endless its a work-boot or something that has a function ( not just fashion ). Im all to practical a person.

But theres just something about these that I cant seem to get my thoughts around.. Maybe its the recent experience of being bed-ridden and now saying ' enjoy life more! ' Maybe im at the age where I just decided to buy ( supposedly ) ' quality ' items? Just dunno..

My better half thinks Im ' Absolutely Mad! ' for considering spending so much on a pair of shoes like this but she did state ' Well.. you'll probably wear them out within 2-3 weeks wearing them all day long and going everywhere in them.. It will piss-off all my snobby friends too! You HAVE to get them! '. Theres the ' Im getting a pair of shoes too.. maybe a whole outfit ' parlay of it so.. she really cant complain as it goes both ways ;)

Edited by ilikekicks

It is a good looking shoe. Notice how the heel curves toward the front. I get the impression that when standing it would have a tendancy for the toes to rise and fall back on the heel. In my situation iI would be afraid walk in it.

E

These run VERY SMALL!. The largest size they had in the store was a 10.5US . With Nylon knee highs on, I couldnt get into them. What was odd though was that other shoes from the same maker in size 10 DID fit.

UPDATE : The Salesperson from Saks called and said she managed to locate a pair in Size 11 and asked if I would be interested. The problem I would have is I cannot try them on and if they ordered/attained them for me, I would be stuck with them. Its a large chunk of change. The parlay to it though is that Darians feet are about a half size smaller then mine so.. if they are too tight, they might fit her.. Shes ALL for ordering them ( I wonder why! ) but.. I dunno?

ilikekicks, They are fantastic-looking shoes for sure. They would work with a variety if outfits and I'd highly recommend wearing such a shoe if doing other things in NYC. Now for the practical side of it; yes they are expensive as is anything with an obvious designer label on it. I once got a pair of DKNY platform sandals at the DKNY store in NYC because they had been accidentally crushed in shipment. The only mark was a 1/2" scuff on the right side of the right shoe where something had pierced the box. A $700 pair of sandals (a sort of metallic hunter green) with a 2" platform and a 7" heel were had for just $217 including the tax. I tried them on in the store and the saleslady even insisted I try them on with something she picked out. I later wore them out to dinner with some really fashionable jeans and a cardigan sweater. Designer shoes such as these frequently show up in places like Nordstrom's, Nieman Marcus, or other stores and then show up discounted at their "overflow" outlets such as Nordstrom Rack and Nieman Marcus Last Chance at typically prices 50-70% less then the original selling price. Both these stores are known for carrying larger sizes but then I don't your shoe size. You could watch the website of where you saw them and wait for the markdown or wait for them to be moved to their discount outlets. You could also inquire any hugely-discounted merchandise that was damaged or slightly damaged that are not out in the public's eye. All merchants have damaged merchandise the only question is how quickly they get rid of it. This method may pay great dividends if you are willing to wait and then swoop in when the time is right.I wish you well. I know you want them and I'd like to see you get them. HappyinHeels

HappyInHeels : Im not worried about the pricetag. There are a few things I have learned in life and its ' once in a while, we should treat ourselves to something nice '. Right now, Its that time for me ;) Its just this particular shoe. I need a Size 11. 10.5 was Tight! I know the shoes will stretch, but I dont know how much as I have never dealt with this brand before. I normally wear a 9.5-10.5 depending on the brand. Ive never bought a 9 or an 11 before.

Im not worried about the pricetag. There are a few things I have learned in life and its ' once in a while, we should treat ourselves to something nice '. Right now, Its that time for me ;) quote from ilikekicks

Nothing wrong with this philosophy. And if you really want these shoes, go for it and enjoy them.

I have a few pairs of Zanotti shoes and boots. They are all amazingly well made and comfortable considering they are all 5 inches high (in size 40 EU). Go for it. Well worth looking on eBay too. I have bought all of mine new for about £40 a pair from eBay.

Edited by benno