The Importance Of Leather

I allways when possible wear only all leather heels. These boots are Italian hand made 6" heel knee highs from Rosa with all leather lining and sole. The heel is leather coated steel. I have owned the for 3 years and they still give me the same pleasure strutting today as the first tentative steps I took in them. This is my first photo post. xxx boots1

Thanks for the comments. They are surprisingly comfortable considering the heel and toe. The leather is very good quality and improves, after an initial breaking in, with age. As for the price I bought them online for around 250 GBP. Worth every penny

Just visited their site. They have a few shoes with normal toes, but dear god, the idea that people exist with feet bigger then size 41 doesn't seem to have caught on yet. Seems to be a common cognitive failure with Italian shoe makers.

• 1 month later...

Just visited their site. They have a few shoes with normal toes, but dear god, the idea that people exist with feet bigger then size 41 doesn't seem to have caught on yet. Seems to be a common cognitive failure with Italian shoe makers.

Indeed, and when Roger & Sarah Adams (the proprietors of Rosa) posted here a few years ago, they made it quite clear that they did not approve of any male heel wearing either. My guess is that they intentionally keep to normal female sizes to avoid any possibility of attracting custom from men with 'properly-sized' male feet.

Puffer, Is the Roger & Sarah Adams post still on this site? I'd love to read it as I remember their shoe shop in Brighton. I am suprised they said men shouldn't wear their heels as they seeemed to be part of the alternative lifestyle in the late 70s and early 80s that made Brighton the Bohemian place it currently is. Roger & Sarah Adams were friends with some of my parents crowd... Some of my parents friends were and still are completely unshockable and have done and still do things that would shock and possibly terrify many of today's edgy trendsetters.

Edited by benno

Indeed, and when Roger & Sarah Adams (the proprietors of Rosa) posted here a few years ago, they made it quite clear that they did not approve of any male heel wearing either. My guess is that they intentionally keep to normal female sizes to avoid any possibility of attracting custom from men with 'properly-sized' male feet.

Highly ironic since Heelboy is a man and he started this thread. Also with women getting bigger as well a size 41 limit also disqualifies a lot of women as well.

Puffer, Is the Roger & Sarah Adams post still on this site? I'd love to read it as I remember their shoe shop in Brighton. I am suprised they said men shouldn't wear their heels as they seeemed to be part of the alternative lifestyle in the late 70s and early 80s that made Brighton the Bohemian place it currently is.

Roger & Sarah Adams were friends with some of my parents crowd... Some of my parents friends were and still are completely unshockable and have done and still do things that would shock and possibly terrify many of today's edgy trendsetters.

As you may recall, Benno, I was a Brighton resident 1973-2000. I knew a little of Roger and Sarah and their business ventures and they and I posted here on that subject in 2006. If you search the membership list for 'rogerandsarah' you can see all the threads. There was some interesting info about their shoe ranges and shoe styles generally.

If you go to http://www.hhplace.o...es/page__st__60 the 'contention' starts at #80. As the Adamses seemed sensible people, I was surprised that they should wish to deny themselves business because they wanted nothing to do with 'cross-dressing', despite their 'alternative' lifestyle that you mention. A shortsighted view but I wish them well; their RoSa shoes are imho very stylish, albeit clearly not to everyone's taste. The videos of Sarah wearing them are worth viewing.

• 2 weeks later...

Puffer, I'm really shocked that they felt that way. What narrow minded fools they are. I wonder how they would react if David Bowie gave them a ring and asked for some shoes? Would they take an order from a male to female transexual? Would they take an order from a woman with size 42 feet? Do they want any business at all? Oh well... at least we have designers like Natacha Marro who are not afraid of boundary pushing.

Edited by benno

I find leather always yields to the shape of my feet, but this can take quite a while. If the shoes need an initial stretch (in my case, I often have to wear a smaller size as my desired style may not be available in my size) I wear them in a bath of hot water for half an hour. I think a cordwainer wets the leather whilst shoe-making? Plastic shoes are toys, rather than footwear. I would love to shop for shoes in Brighton, where can I go? M

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, be careful of wearing them in the bath. The leather may be soaked by the shoe maker but that's before they are assembled. Have you tried heating them up with a hairdryer and then putting them on with some thickish socks for an hour or so and then repeating if needed? When you then put them back on but with thin nylons the difference can be amazing. I have managed to save a few pair of shoes that would take many a painful wear to stretch to the same degree. I live in Brighton. Get in touch if you want. Cheers, Ben

Edited by benno