Heels And Pantyhose Color Pairing

niknhose

Recently I started wearing my heels daily(woohoo!). With my heels I wear pantyhose as I don't like the feel of my shoes without them. Typically I wear a tan shade of nylons. As I have not had the advice passed down about nylon fashion and tan goes with everything. My question is this, outside of the obvious color combinations, how would you go about selecting a color of pantyhose to go with an outfit? Do you go with what you have, what you feel like or color coordinate? -Nikki

Your shoes should be darker than your hose, and your hose should complement your outfit...

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

Your shoes should be darker than your hose, and your hose should complement your outfit...

And what would you recommend for hose for a white shoe?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

And what would you recommend for hose for a white shoe?

Either white hose or a skin-matching color (beige, tan, dark brown, etc.). If you have light skin and wear dark hosiery with white shoes, it will look fashionably goofy! LOL

Steve

To me it seems nude/skintone colored pantyhose is the safest bet a majority of the time, with black an option for specific occasions or outfits, but not too frequently. Other colors should be used very rarely unless you really know what you are doing, which is not me. I like to keep it simple, others of course will have their own thoughts on the matter.

To me black hose goes well with red. white and pink heels. And also black of course. ;-)

Chorlini,

I agree with you. I wear black hose very often. I do not like nude color hose. With brown I wear coffee colored hose or dark brown, With blue shoes, navy or royal, I wear navy colored hose. I like black hose with, black, red, pink and yes white shoes too! That's my preference.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Edited by bluejay

Hi All, In my mind... lighter coloured stockings than the heels is the rule for sheer stockings. (7den to 15den approx) White heels could be worn with very neutral sheers... In terms of opaques.... I'd pair black opaques with high ankle booties for a very streamlined leg lengthening look. Cheers Heel-Lover

Hmm! A most interesting topic! Well, to throw in my two cents worth, I would agree that your hosiery should be lighter in shade than your shoes, a most obvious example would be pairing off-black hosiery with black shoes, NEVER wear pure black hosiery or tights, otherwise, your shoes will blend in and become indistinguishable. Believe me, I've committed that fashion faux pas before. Hosiery should compliment your legs when paired with an outfit and shoes, not overpower same. With lighter colored shoes, say bone, beige or white, opt for shades of tan, nude or suntan for hose, the sheerer, the better, white hose with white shoes would be, in my opinion, terribly tacky. As for what to wear with, say, red or blue shoes, again, tan or nude work best. Ironically enough, at this time of the year, I don't even bother with hosiery (too hot) unless I'm dressing up for a particular reason. I hope this was of help to you, niknhose.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

My staples for hoseiry are nudes, suntans, and black in the sheers/ultra sheers; black or white for opaques. As far as pairing heels, with black it usually is almost exclusively black, sometimes a red patent; same for black opaques. Sheer nudes will go with pretty much anything as it's transparent to your natural skintone. White opaques I'd go with a colored heel, red or navy. Black can go with it as well. Hmm...now I feel like trying some combos.

Well I'm dearly in love with opaques, and especially in colours.But I think most of the posters have different issues than me. Some days I choose shoes to go with my tights, which I suppose isn't what most of the posters do.