Experiences With Slipping Slingbacks Or Heelpopping Shoes

Slingfan

Hi everyone, I'd like to hear of people's experiences with high heels they've worn where their straps keep slipping down or their shoes heel pop when they walk. I'd like to hear good or bad experiences, stories, what you felt when you first noticed your heels slipped, etc. I myself always lose my left strap on sling backs and my left foot tends to slip out of pumps after a while, but as you guys all know I like that! My left foot is slightly smaller than my right, causing any shoe I wear on my left foot to become loose. Would love to hear any experiences you have all had with situations like this. Slingfan

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply. I myself think that because the fact that slingback straps are meant to stay up and keep the feet secure makes it all the more fun when they slip, essentially turning the shoe into a mule. If handled correctly and with confidence this can look amazing to those who like this type of thing. Most of my slingbacks that have become loose have been easy to handle as they have pretty much become a mule that is fine to walk in, however a couple of pairs of flat sandals I've owned were nearly impossible to walk in due to the way the sandal was constructed. This meant I'd have to keep pulling my straps up, however with other slingbacks I've owned I generally leave my straps down after they've slipped a few times as I find the loose slings fine to walk in.

I slingfan,

To me a slingback sandal with the strap slipped of is similar to a mule shoe. Women walk in high heels mules as well. I tried it is not a big deal.

Regards.

I like to wear mules. I call them slides. They are sexy and fun to wear. With a stacked heel I can easily walk and wear a 4" slide for long periods of time. I am not a fan of slingbacks. This time of year I like to wear slides with open toes so that my red polished toes show!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I found this opinion interesting. I found this on a website in reply to a question 'How do I keep slingbacks from falling': The solution to wearing slingbacks, all types, is: 1- buy them not too high, or with a stiletto heel; they must be comfortable. 2- use the shoes as mules only, if the straps ever slide off you won't fall. 3- buy only shoes made of soft leather. 4- get used to the shoes at home, first wear them in; or at the office. 5- ask a friend to wear them in, it will also prevent you having blisters. 6- wear the slingbacks without stockings, only with bare feet. 7- use the straps only when needed. 8- when a strap slides down, just relax and pull it up when possible. This is a tried method; my wife learned years ago that this is the only way to enjoy summer shoes. And remember, you don't look strange if one or both straps are down, just careless and easy going. All men like it, get used to the attention. Some women don't understand at first, but when they see how easy it is to just step into slingbacks as if they were mules they agree with you. Ignore the slapping sound, or walk a bit slower. When wearing pants be sure they a long and wide enough; they can hide a strap which has slipped off your heel. On hot days or after a long walk you can easily cool your feet. During airtravel slingbacks with the straps down never become tight. If you always use slingbacks with the straps up, there will be a moment a strap slips (or fails); If you are not used to it you will probably fall, and than hurt yourself. Using them as mules will let you get used to having no heelstraps at all. And, don't cut the straps off; That will be noticed by people. I have heard many people say the 'can't walk in slingbacks with the straps down', although I myself don't have any trouble. With practice I think it can be quite easy. I have seen some women who's straps never stay up and they walk expertly with their straps down. Although a slingback isn't contructed to be worn like a mule, most can be.

All men like it, get used to the attention.

Oh really? I think it looks sloppy and disheveled.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I think that was a bit of a generalisation on the part of the writer of that piece. From what I have experienced in speaking to people on this site it seems many men who enjoy wearing heels themselves do in fact think it looks sloppy, however conversely many men I've spoken to who don't wear heels but enjoy the look on them do like slipping sling backs as they think it looks sexy. I have noticed men looking at a woman in pair of loose, slapping slings before and the looks certainly weren't disapproving! However, i agree that the comment by the writer of the article was a generalisation.

Slingfan, I found that source you quoted, and you left out an important detail: that it was originally written by a man (probably yourself). It's the first comment. http://high-heels.myshoes.com/sling-shot-how-to-stop-slingback-straps-from-slipping/ You're the only person I've ever known who is turned on by slipping slingback straps. While there may be others here who do share your interest, they're very few and don't constantly bring it up. I agree with Shafted. To me it looks sloppy not sexy. Don't get me wrong. I love slingbacks. I just don't share your fetish for fallen straps, and I don't think many others here do, either. To say, "All men like it, get used to the attention." isn't true. Some of us (probably most of us?) don't. But somewhere on the web I'm sure there's a forum for it. Maybe you're the hose even? Steve

Hi Steve, I can assure you that wasn't me that wrote that piece, I myself have found mostly negative responses to my posts on slipping sling backs, which is disappointing as I'd like to share stories with others. There are a few out there who like them but they don't seem to pop up to often on this forum. I definitely know of a few who like it too, there are many readers of my 'Get your slap on' stories who must like falling slings, however as the general response i've had is negative I would never have made a generalisation like 'all men like it' as I know thats not true. Thanks for your opinions though, it makes for some interesting conversation!

Several posts previously in this thread suggested that if a slingback strap falls down, one can wear the shoe as a mule. Many times that simply isn't true. Mules are designed to be worn without any need for a strap at the back, and they tend to come up a little higher on the instep and sides of the foot. Many slingback shoes are designed with a front part that is too low to keep the shoe on without help from the sling. If the sling strap in back fails, the shoe will be be very loose, and sometimes impossible to wear because they simply will not stay on. I once had a pair of slingbacks on which the straps kept falling down. They stayed on perfectly well without the strap, so they could be worn as a mule. I carefully cut off the strap and they looked and worked just fine.

I do agree that because sling backs aren't designed like a mule to be worn backless that they can be difficult to walk in when the straps fall. I had a pair with one strap over the toe and a backstrap. They were difficult to walk in at first once my strap slipped off, the one strap over the toes was all that held my foot to the shoe and they flopped incredibly. However, with practice they became much easier to walk in, I got used to it and eventually got a good walking rhythm going.

5- ask a friend to wear them in, it will also prevent you having blisters.

Had to laugh at this tip though

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

You're the only person I've ever known who is turned on by slipping slingback straps. While there may be others here who do share your interest, they're very few and don't constantly bring it up...

I agree with Steve and no offense to Slingfan, but he sure does bring up this topic often. While it's a bit difficult for me to understand why falling straps and heel-popping is so fixating for you, a lot of us here have interesting quirks when it comes to our enjoyment of heels, and most certainly no two of us are exactly the same in how strongly we feel about it or why we have this connection to heels. Anyway, the very specific interest you have in this area is an interesting one indeed Slingfan. ;-) Cheers.

Edited by hhboots

I liked point five myself. "Please would you wear these shoes in for me? I don't want the blisters." "You want me to have the blisters? Some friend you are!" On the subject of heel popping and drooping slings I'm nailing my flag to the "sloppy and disheveled" mast. It's the same as when I see a pair of heels with missing tips and peeling leather. :penitent:

• 2 weeks later...

The responses here appear to deal mostly with the slipping sling strap. And to me the idea Oh really? I think it looks sloppy and disheveled. mostly sums it up for me. Sloppy is not attractive but if done properly cut the strap off can get around that. Now I have a pair of extra long toe boots and I am planning how to convert them to some sort of open toe. Anyway the other part of the original question was the heel popping out. This happens to me too much of the time. On a suggestion I did try heel grips, not much success there. And a few pumps that I really like the style it is so easy to just step out from. The thought just occurred to me to go ahead and really step out on the go and see if it really would do so. Probably why I have not tried that is to me wearing women style shoes in secret is sick and perverted. Also there is a group of guys that are totally into wearing skirts and I get the feeling of perversion with the ones that keep their skirts inside the house. So some time I should give it a try and see if I really could step out as I feel might happen. Another possibility that I have considered is to add a strap across the top but not to have it look too Afro engineered. Now one of the best solutions to stepping out of the heel was these pumps that I got with the front platform curves up in front so as I step forward the shoe pitches forward so the shoe heel popes up to keep place with my heel.

As usual my tastes are quite moderate... I like a gentle slapping sound with mules but there is certainly such a thing as too loud. As for wearing slingbacks as mules I'd certainly agree with "sloppy and disheveled". I do like my slingbacks to feel ever so slightly loose, not enough to slip way out of position but just enough to give me an excuse to reach down or flip my foot up to adjust the strap occasionally - it's a sensuous feeling to do that (even when there's nobody else in the room), and it can be sexy to be seen doing it and to see others doing it too if it looks natural/subconscious and not too deliberate/contrived. I also find the same is true with other slipping things like shoulder-straps which sometimes seem to have been designed to keep slipping to the point of irritation. All that self-adjustment can be sexy in small doses but can easily become fidgety and off-putting if done too much. That's just my opinion.

If you like it, wear it.

The other day in an airport I saw a woman walk by in black 3 inch heeled slingbacks. She was wearing a skirt and I could clearly see her shoes. I did notice the strap on the left shoe had slipped off and was crunched under her foot. The right strap was still on securely. She was a bit overweight, but not grossly so. I thought the look of her left shoe was sloppy and unattractive. Steve

To be honest I do not like to see people in bad fitting shoes women or men, but I think it is far worse if its a female. To me it's like keeping yourself clean and tidy and having good manners which does not cost anything.

life is not a rehearsal