What Are The Best Places (Countries/cities) To Wear Heels?

Ivan

Hey guys! I´m a feminine shoe lover since my early teens, I say "feminine shoe" because I love feminine shoes, with or without heels. To keep it short, I used feminine shoes since I was 13 years old (now I have 32) until last year when I got married, I told my partner about my fetish and she hated, so I had to "forget" about using it again (she forced to sell all my heels and flats) but I still dream about using it again! So, about my question, what places in the world do you think people are most tolerant about guys using heels? could be countries, cities... Where I live, Rio de Janeiro, is kinda ok to use it in public, it really depends of the neighborhood. On poorer neighborhoods, the reaction is not very good in general... you just have to know the place you´re going. Unfortunately, I have never used heels outside Brazil, but I have plans to make a trip sometime...I would like to go to places that are more "friendly" but I have my guesses... maybe Buenos Aires, Argentina? New York City? Los Angeles? Spain? London? tell me what do you think and your experiences!

Hey guys!

I´m a feminine shoe lover since my early teens, I say "feminine shoe" because I love feminine shoes, with or without heels.

To keep it short, I used feminine shoes since I was 13 years old (now I have 32) until last year when I got married, I told my partner about my fetish and she hated, so I had to "forget" about using it again (she forced to sell all my heels and flats) but I still dream about using it again!

So, about my question, what places in the world do you think people are most tolerant about guys using heels? could be countries, cities...

Where I live, Rio de Janeiro, is kinda ok to use it in public, it really depends of the neighborhood. On poorer neighborhoods, the reaction is not very good in general... you just have to know the place you´re going.

Unfortunately, I have never used heels outside Brazil, but I have plans to make a trip sometime...I would like to go to places that are more "friendly" but I have my guesses... maybe Buenos Aires, Argentina? New York City? Los Angeles? Spain? London?

tell me what do you think and your experiences!

If you sincerely have plans to make a trip sometime, then maybe the London Heel Meet, aka the hhplace.org 10th Anniversary World Heel Meet might interest you.

We're generally a friendly group in real life. I'm just curious if you will be going alone or with your partner.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

My home state of Maine in the US has been a great place to wear high heels (stilettos in my case). I've been to New York and all over Italy and France in stilettos and never had any problem. As far as meeting the perfect mate, it's always better in high heels. Show them what they are getting right up front. If you take care to project a good image you will attract women even if you are not actively looking. Women seem to take the initiative when they see a guy wearing high heels for some reason (at least in my case). I've had several woman strike up a conversation with me with my heels in plain sight (not a word said about my heels, but just good friendly conversation). I've even been hit on on more than one occasion while wearing heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

My home state of Maine in the US has been a great place to wear high heels (stilettos in my case). I've been to New York and all over Italy and France in stilettos and never had any problem.

As far as meeting the perfect mate, it's always better in high heels. Show them what they are getting right up front. If you take care to project a good image you will attract women even if you are not actively looking. Women seem to take the initiative when they see a guy wearing high heels for some reason (at least in my case). I've had several woman strike up a conversation with me with my heels in plain sight (not a word said about my heels, but just good friendly conversation). I've even been hit on on more than one occasion while wearing heels.

Shafted,

I agree with your comments 100%. Where I live in upstate New York, I frequently get positive comments about the clothes I wear and my heels from the ladies. I always make positive comments to women who are fashionably dressed, especially if they are wearing heels. It's a great way to start up a conservation. I also have been hit on by women while wearing my heels. I always respond to thank them and to let them know that my wife does like my heels too!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

If you sincerely have plans to make a trip sometime, then maybe the London Heel Meet, aka the hhplace.org 10th Anniversary World Heel Meet might interest you.

We're generally a friendly group in real life. I'm just curious if you will be going alone or with your partner.

That would be awesome! .but just when I´m not married anymore... maybe someday!

Nice experiences guys!

To me, one of the best feelings is when a woman notes that you´re using high heels...

NY and London certainly are places that I want to go...

Sorry to hear that your SO rejects you using femenine footware. Maybe you should give her some time on this issue. Here, in Buenos Aires, people don't care much about your attire so maybe it's a friendly spot. Specially in Soho or in the most cosmo places in town. I've been walking in the street with heels and nobody really cares, specially in crowded places -malls, pedestrian walks- where one passes les noted. The fact is that we are normaly very self-concious. Nobody really cares how you dress

Edited by Majo

That would be awesome! .but just when I´m not married anymore... maybe someday!

Nice experiences guys!

To me, one of the best feelings is when a woman notes that you´re using high heels...

NY and London certainly are places that I want to go...

From my own experience London is by far the worst city when it comes to heeling. I've been there 3 times in heels and people have been horrible every time. On the other hand I can't remember a single bad experience in Denmark, where I live.

Now that's funny because I used to live in London and never got a negative comment. Even in my neighbourhood which was regarded as a tough area I never had a problem.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.