Wearing Boots In The Mall

Rick24

There are actually quite a few threads of specific userrs and their adventures. There are some good reads there. ... With that being said, I've never walked in boots in a mall. I have bought shoes from a mall and tried them on in the store (it's always funny watching women stare). But I've never straight up been a mallrat in heels.

One of my goals in life is to have enough disposable income to purchase a pair of Christian Louboutin's.

Ive worn my thigh boots over my jeans, 5inch knee boots over my jeans and 2 other pairs under my jeans.It all depends on what you make of it I guess.The times I did was good.Got a lot of exposure,so if youre not ready for it dont do it.A lot of people looked at me,no negative comments.Just got one guy joking with me and the girl I was with and the one girl in a shop complemented me. So I guess if you walk around stressing etc it can be bad.If you walk around like its normal it can be a fun and good day.

StormClaw makes a great point. It's all about confidence. And for the most part, you'll do fine. If anything people probably think "woa...that guy is weird. I don't wanna deal with him." which is a shame in and of itself, but who cares. The important thing is that you have fun wearing heels where you want.

One of my goals in life is to have enough disposable income to purchase a pair of Christian Louboutin's.

I don't own any boots let alone thigh boots. I've only tried on an ex-girlfriends knee boots once, she thought I looked cute in them. Currently my daily outings don't include the mall, only work and the grocery store in my heeled loafers or maryjanes. -Nikki

Edited by niknhose

As you will read in other posts about personal outings and adventures, Mall walking isn't too bad. As for myself, I tend to not go to the nearest mall, but often when I'm out of town, or traveling, I have no problems with doing everything I would normally do but with high heeled boots. Due to my current wardrobe, it's always pants over the boots, but to anyone who is paying attention to their surroundings, it's pretty obvious. The sound, the strut, you can't miss it. I have one pair of boots I wear when I'm out of town on the road with my motorcycle. (Getting rather abused because of the pegs and shifter I might add) I know I've been spotted many a time at intersections, and passerby's on the highway. Happened just this last weekend - some younger guys high fived out the window of their car going through an intersection. Not sure if it was a good thing or what, but it was obvious they were looking at the boots. I did mention that I don't heel much locally, and may not for some time. There are social issues that I am dealing with that a guy wearing heels might have a negative affect on. When and if some of these issues make it possible to wear heels locally, I'll make it happen.

Hi Barefoot, as others have said its about confidence. I've never worn thighboots because I'm not comfortable with how I could work them in an outfit. Thats just a personal thing and until I sort that for myself I wouldn't wear them. Knee boots on the other hand yes, and pumps are my staple go to shoe of choice. If you (the wearer) believe you look good, and have that confidence that goes with that, then thats the battle won, and you can head off and enjoy a public mall scenario. Just watch the slippy floors!!! Have fun! Heel-Lover

Edited by Heel-Lover

• 2 weeks later...

I go to the mall all the time in heels. 70s platforms shoes and boots, and womens kneehigh zipped chunkys. 40 years ago dudes dressed like that. Why not now?

I don't have a pair of thighboots anymore as I gave them to a friend several years ago. It seemed like the top of the boot kept binding my leg. I have worn knee and ankle boots with both wedge and stiletto heels as well as high heel sandals (mostly wedges) to several different malls in different states and went about about my business with no drama or problems. I have worn pumps and platform sandals with heels 6" or higher to other venues like movie theatres, stand-alone stores (not in malls), nightclubs, and to parties. The whole point is that you wear what you want and do it with style and confidence and make the world accept you on YOUR terms. HappyinHeels

I've worn several pairs of boots in the mall, usually not a local mall! Always under my jeans, not over them.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 5 months later...

Yesterday, I was feeling daring. After work I stopped by the mall wearing my blue denim riding jeans and brown high heel boots, topped off with a red dress shirt and black leather jacket. I stopped by one of the major department stores from their outside entrance, passing by the shoes and boots. I purchased a black dress shirt that goes well with my boots. The ladies who rang up my purchase saw my boots, didn't seem to think anything of it, I was simply another satisfied customer. I took another bold step by walking briefly in the mall area where all the smaller stores and kiosks and mall walkers are out and about. Everyone basically went about their own business. I felt very special walking with a higher level of confidence in my boots. Went up the elevator, and back to the main department store. As I walked back to the parking lot, I was browsing at the selection of tall high heel boots and looking at my boots in their mirrors. This was only my second mall outing in boots fully exposed. I was thinking that it would be less crowded before Thanksgiving. Someday I'll have the courage to go out on a busy Saturday afternoon.

This was only my second mall outing in boots fully exposed. I was thinking that it would be less crowded before Thanksgiving. Someday I'll have the courage to go out on a busy Saturday afternoon.

Welldone!!

The busier it gets the less people seem to notice ye.

Well atleast thats my expercience

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

That is not surprising. When it is extremely crowded, people cannot even see your shoes. Only when they can see you from a distance they may notice your shoes. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

well, I plan to wear my grey flat heel thigh boots I got from amazon a few years ago, cant remember the brand name though, I'll wear them with my womens black leather trench coat too this "black" friday!! :rocker: I need to be a trend setter style guy & stand out in the post thanksgiving crowd, ('course I also like to to "blend in" as it were as well :cool1: )

I’ve been to several malls wearing thigh boots with stiletto heels and even sometimes with a skirt. Sometimes no one seems to notice but other times I’m the center of attention and I haven’t figured out what I had done differently in either case. Generally, however, I don’t enjoy malls no matter what I’m wearing. I don’t know if it is the mall concept or the people at the mall but they are my last choice if I have to go shopping.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I go heeling at malls quite often. I don't wear boots, I prefer sandals - but I imagine the heeling experience would be similar. Surprisingly I have noticed that the busier the mall the less likely folks notice my heels. In a crowd you blend in with the others and tend to be anonymous. I have also noticed the effect that Thighbootguy refers to, sometimes no one notices, and other times several folks notice - but that seems to happen when the mall is less crowded. Happy Thanksgiving all.... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I’ve been to several malls wearing thigh boots with stiletto heels and even sometimes with a skirt. Sometimes no one seems to notice but other times I’m the center of attention and I haven’t figured out what I had done differently in either case.

Generally, however, I don’t enjoy malls no matter what I’m wearing. I don’t know if it is the mall concept or the people at the mall but they are my last choice if I have to go shopping.

And Mall stores seem to be more expensive.

That would be such a great thing to try!!! I've never been out in my high boots....unfortunately I'm not brave enough :-(

If you really want to go out in your high boots, take it easy and slow and choose a place you might feel comfortable going and see how it goes and how you feel about the experience. Sorry for the long sentence.

I’ve been to several malls wearing thigh boots with stiletto heels and even sometimes with a skirt. Sometimes no one seems to notice but other times I’m the center of attention and I haven’t figured out what I had done differently in either case.

Malls are often populated by segments of the lowest common denominator from both genders, all ages and races, especially young kids who feel a need to make asses of themselves while thinking they're acting cool, that happens a lot when those knuckleheads are running in packs. I've encountered the sort of reactions from that particular segment when on the street, I would imagine that in malls, it would be borderline intolerable.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!