Color Of Soles

Hello there I have a little problem: I have a shoe which sole is colored both red and black. Red was the original color. Black had been painted over it partially. So, is there any way to remove the black color? Maybe with highly concentrated alcohol or nail polish remover? Thanks in advance!

That is an interesting one. It depends quite a lot on just what is the black, the pigment and all that. From a thrift store I acquired a pair of SP Terry ice skates and wanted to change the color and got no usefull advice from Tandy. As it turned out I was able to use zinc cloride to convert the pigment to zinc cromate and mecury chloride which were orange and yellow which were closae enough to the brown that I desired. My thoughts are that alchol and nail polish remover is no place to start. My first guess would be Easyoff oven cleaner. Also did I get that part right the sole was painter red. Does it show from more than just a bottom view,

Firstly, you need to be sure that the black is painted over the red or it isn't where the red has worn off exposing black underneath...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

acetone , Q-tips and a LOT of time being very careful. Should do the trick. Heed what Dr. Shoe stated and be sure which color is the one on the sole is the base color. -ILK

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

So the sole has been made in two colours? This means that if you remove the black you will be left with whatever the colour the sole is actually made with. This almost certainly will not be red and possibly won't be black.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

So the sole has been made in two colours? This means that if you remove the black you will be left with whatever the colour the sole is actually made with. This almost certainly will not be red and possibly won't be black.

No. The sole is red-colored originally. And it was painted over with black.

I have another question:

Now one of the heels loosed itself. How do I remove the inner sole best to tigthen the heel again?

Thanks in advance!

How do I remove the inner sole best to tigthen the heel again?

Give it a gentle tug by hand. most innersoles have a foam layering under them & are quite easy to lift. thats the easy part, good luck trying to tighten the heel.

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

They're usually nailed in so the only way to tighten it is to take it off and get a cobbler to re-attach it.

• 1 month later...

Wow! Why on earth would you want to remove the black part. Judging by the wear and the red showing through, it looks original and it's gorgeous. Leave it alone. It's unique.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

LP___, I can see why you would like to show the red, it makes a great contrast with the shoes, but compared to current look it would fall flat. Do you think you could learn to love that look? I really wish I lived near you and wore your same size, I would buy those off you! :)

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

Good afternoon Thanks alot for your contributions. I'm sorry to say, but I don't like it with the current painting of the sole. So please can anyone leave a comment on the acetone? I'd imagine to sell them, too. Please contact me for a talk. Regards

• 8 months later...

Try wet sanding by hand with 220 grit (or finer) to "replicate" wear to remove the black - if you have not already found a solution.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

• 2 weeks later...

What brand are those? I think its really kew!

'Vero Cuoio' it looks like from the picture. Searched a bit on the web, they have lots of shoes to choose from but nothing like the ones pictured here. Pretty sure these are no longer made.

'Vero Cuoio' it looks like from the picture. Searched a bit on the web, they have lots of shoes to choose from but nothing like the ones pictured here. Pretty sure these are no longer made.

Isn't "vero cuoio" just Italian for "real leather" ?

Yep, and it appears on any make of shoe with Italian leather soles.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

haha, nice :penitent:

LOL. The times people have made that mistake! I have even seen it in Ebay listings!

That's too funny Dr. Shoe, that is also what made me think that must be the brand name, because I looked that up on ebay and there are a lot of listing that have that as the brand of the shoe, doh! Well so much for that 'tip', heh :oops:

• 3 weeks later...

This reminds me of the ignorant Englishman I overheard in a restaurant asking for a bottle of the same wine that he had enjoyed on his last visit. The waiter could not remember which wine it was and asked the customer if he knew. The customer said he recalled it being a bottle of 'appellation controlee'.