Do you have an example of a glamorous movie star or famous p

Laurieheels

Okay, well here is my new thread, let's stitch a skirt and jacket combination. Something reminscent of the days when people dressed well and looked good. Tell everyone about someone famous who always dressed well. We all know the glamour of Hollywood's past, and the damage caused by sex and violence being the focus of most movies. Who had a style you would love to see again? Who had so much class and beauty that it may never be matched? Share with us! Tell us about the heels they wore, if they did!

Maureen O'Hara. I think she was one of the most beautiful women ever. Her fashion sense only further enhanced her raw good looks! If only I was born 40 years sooner........... Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Barbara Stanwyck remains one of my favorites. Tough, intelligent, nerves of steel, heart of gold; she was way ahead of her time. Check her out in "Lady of Burlesque"; lots of vintage heels for you classic shoe fans out there. Tragically, no platforms...

Movie star's from the past who have been known to wear heels. Bette Davis and Barbara Hepworth, saw an article the other day and both were in heels. Oh and no platforms either - good. B) Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

Terayon, you are a little young for the thread. No wonder you posted about a current model, and not a past movie star. That's fine, we do welcome your input, it's great! I do think you should keep up with this section, as it is always a good thing to know about how the world was, so it can shape how it will be. Trust me, some of the women we are talking about were real symbols of feminine strength and sexuality. You might find it interesting! :smile:

I liked Diana Rigg who played with a mister steed in a series I cannot remember the title off in english. In French it was called "chapeau melon et bottes de cuir" (rounded hat and leather boots). I loved those boots and that classy lady.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

It doesn't get much better than Doris Day Debbie Reynolds Natalie Woods ...old Suzzanne Pleschette movies In my opinion, these ladies epitomized the golden age of high heels from the 50/60s on the big screen.

I would have thought people would mention Marilyn right off, but it seems not. We all have to remember her standing over the air grate, trying to hold down her skirt, wearing a pair of spike heeled sling back open toed shoes, in white. She has to be a symbol of a woman in heels with sex appeal, right? Maybe her tragic death has created a different opinion? And yes, I mean Marilyn Monroe, not Manson. If you do not know the different, just open your eyes! Okay, so Mr. Manson, if we can call him that, has some music I like. But I loathe the image. Marilyn Monroe? So much better.

Well Inga, she was involved with a lot of fellows, and it was a tragic end. But then, that is the way of Hollywood. Jo-jo! Yes, Audrey Hepburn, now I do love her style, and her movies. A friend in University idolized her, but never looked like her. Too tall, I suppose. Of course, in many movies Aurdey is wearing Kitten heels. Maybe she would like to visit our board? I think they may even be called Sabrina Heels because of her movie of the same name. I could be very wrong. I don't know anything historical after 1500, really. :smile:

Kim Novak in "Vertigo". I allways remember Kim Novak's marvelous transformations - from Judy to Madeleine.

just watched an old movie - batman - the original one. it had lee meriweather as the catwoman. she wore nice heels and also as catwoman wore it looked like ankel boots in black with stiletto heels.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love to see the old 1920's styles back in again. Gloria Swanson, Louise Brooks, Zigfield Follies Girls.. I love the look. I buy cloche hats, beaded purses, and scour ebay for clothes and coats. I love the shoes too, with little french heels! I am my own one-girl movement. :smile:

So many shoes, so little time...

Francis.... I want to know where you heard about the "Kinky Boots" song from, as I am having a deuce of a time finding it on any CD! It's a very catchy tune!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!