curious of the type of heels males wear in public

LondonMaleInHighHeels

Could anybody help me and show me the type of high heels you guys (that wear them) wear in public as i would love to wear heels all the time (even in public) but is shy and worried at what the reaction I would get. My collection consists of only 4"/5" spike heeled type. could anyone who has/does wear heels in public aslo tell me what reaction they get (it would help if they tell me where they are from.....im in London) or is it just the case that im weird and wear them in private:(

Take a look at my collection, most of them I have worn at least once out. My favorites are my Connie and I wear them most of the time when I go out.

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=593

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Most wear block heels from 2 to 4 inches. Mostly ankle or mid-length boots. Black seems favourite. However, that does not stop the others from wearing higher stiletto heels, in courts or even thigh-length boots. There is some information in recent heelmeet threads as to what various people wore when last in London.

Hello LondonMaleInHighHeels! In addition to Hoverfly's nice collection above, look at moderator Firefox's site (just type into your search engine "Firefox Aesthetic" and that should get it) to see his collection plus his friends, guests and models wearing high heels. Second and thirdly, look at Joaks's site and Highluc's site (search for "Joak" followed by "Highluc") and study their extensive collections. Fourthly look at such threads on these Megaforums under "For The Guys" as "Discreet shoes for street-heeling guys" and a number of other threads which have titles referring to their first time out in heels etc. etc. Happy hunting! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

The shortest answer for the winter season is get a plain pair of black leather ankle boots with a 2.5 to 3ins large base block heel but they are not really 'in' at the moment. You can hunt on the second hand / discount market or in charity shops and eBay. I've found a couple of pairs of sx8/9s in charity shops that have been fairly successful (price in new heel tips if they are worn).

It is certainly a cheap way of trying things out without spending 50-60GBPs on something you'll never wear.

A small percentage of women notice but few men seem to, set your trouser leg length to just break over the vamp but not so long as to drag the ground.

You then just follow the growth of your confidence, which in London you will find is very fast. Taking it to 3.5ins is not too difficult whereas 4ins is significantly more challenging and something I've only done with this group at one of our meet ups. You should join us next time.

For style ideas, keep trawling through the threads on the "For the Guys" forum, especially go back to the previous page of threads, for October and September, since the threads have been churned over quite a lot recently.

/I

/I

These shoes following I have worn in and around the London area the past couple of weeks at work, socially, or just shopping:

Posted Image

4.5 inch size 40 (From Camden) Platform wedge (I wore at work today)(£10)

Posted Image

4.25 inch size 41 TKMaxx Bronx Stiletto. I just got them reheeled in metal(£30)

Posted Image

4.0 inch size 7 Dune Bronx Blocks (£30)

Posted Image

4.5 inch size 9 Cowboy style (bought from Dr shoe. I wear with 3 thick pairs of socks!) (£15)

Posted Image

3.75 inch size 40 Faith matrix block (£35)

Posted Image

3.5 inch size 7 Sancho Cowboys (£40)

Posted Image

4.75 inch size 40 Shelleys cone/blade heel (£60)

Posted Image

4.5 inch size 7 Faith Soda thick blade (£35)

They're all street styles. Locations and price as next to shoe. I do wear stilettos as shown but I've got a broad taste in different styles of heels so I tend to wear diferent types on different days. You won't have any problem wearing these styles in London, home counties, and other places in the UK.

I've been wearing boots with a 3 1/2" block heel (black boots with dress pants during the week, light brown boots with jeans on the weekend). To date no one has noticed or commented on it. I've even worn them to family gaitherings on the weekends and no one said a word about them.

Hello again LondonMaleInHighHeels! Once you have scrutinised all the photos referred to and/or posted here, why not come and see our heels in person at our next UK Heel-Meet in Birmingham on Saturday week, the 29th November 2003? Firefox (who posted the above excellent pics of some of his vast collection) might be there but only for the first part, but the rest of us will have an enjoyable day doing the rounds of the shoe-shops, chatting, lunching, drinking, swapping info. etc. and generally havinmg a great day, mayble followed by a nice restaurant meal before we disperse in the evening. For details, see under the section below "Real Life Meetings". As well as reading about the forthcoming Birmingham meet, study the reports and photographs of recent Heel-Meets like the Oxford and London ones. The most important benefit of all for newcomers, is that they are AMAZED at how our heels (ranging from discreet pairs to extremely "daring") can be worn for a whole day in full view of the general public with such ease and confidence. It is a huge boost to each new member's confidence and seems t0 give a huge boost to the own future street-heeling. Daz and Ionic and verious others will certainly attest to that! If you do fancy coming to the Birmingham Heel-Meet (or any subsequent ones), please post a message at the end of the "Birmingham Heel-Meet" thread. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hi LondonMaleInHighHeels.

When I was in London in september, I took these Posted Image

with me and wore them a few times, also on the day I met Xaphod. We went also to Aldo in Oxford Street and one of the salesladies find it cool. That was mostly because Xaphod wore his boots outside his trousers and he had higher heels than me.

Later I bought these Posted Image

and these Posted Image

I got no reactions, only looks. I went to Madame Tussaud with the second ones and only the girl at the coffeebar smiled at me.

Robert

Great boots Robert. Classic styling which I would recommend as the sort to try wearing heels out if you are not used to it. The thing is that one may actually like the stilettos or thinner heels, but one may not have the confidence to wear them, or they may not suit the body shape. You therefore have to take things in stages, and once you find wearing boots like this is no problem, you can go for more adventurous styles if you want. I actually started liking the thinner ones (20 years ago), but having worn the cowboys or other block styles you may find that they grow on you like a new piece of music. That's not to say I don't like or still wear the thinner ones too, but I can appreciate heel styles across the whole spectrun. Check out what most heel wearing women like. You'll see that they have a variety of shoes in their repetoire from mostly blocks or blades on boots for the office to stiletto pumps or sandles for evening wear or dressing up. I'm talking about the average woman here, not those at hhplace BTW :(

I wore thigh boots with 4.5" stilettoes to the October heel meet with leather jeans then 5" stiletto thigh boots in denim to the November one. No one took a blind bit of notice.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Copy and paste the URL's into a new browser window and they will show up. Nice collection of heels btw. Come to one of the meets and you'll never look too outrageous with Xaphod and Dr Shoe there :( Might have trouble wearing the red stils all day though!

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

all the boots look pretty nice. i don't know of any male that would wear the red patent pumps out in the street and if he did it probably would not be very long. very high heel :( just the kind i like :( if any of the guys wear that type of high heel in public, tell me where??

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

First time i went out in heels was in pointed 4' spikes, most feminine I have. I wore long long jeans, so evetything some curious guys saw were just tips of my shoes, not so odd so far, but this noise of spikes was terrible and i think some glittering of metal spikes. All these glances I saw that evening were pure torment so it was first and last time i went out in heels. :(

Kobo, I don't think you selected the wisest choice there. Look back on the previous page of this topic and see Robert's boots for streetware. First outings are much less angst-making in this kind of thing. Keep the spikey ones for when you are out with friends and are generally feeling much braver! My opinion is that it is not a competition to demonstrate how outrageous you can be, but what you are comfortable with in yourself. Don't let your :( on the first outing be the final word on the matter, it really is very pleasurable wearing a moderate (and quiet) 3" block heel as it straightens your posture as well as adding the height and encourages a confident walk. Then you can take it from there at your own pace. /I

/I

Yes, very good advice from Ionic. It's self-defeating to plunge straight into wearing something comparatively outrageous if all that happens is you scare yourself off sufficiently to pack up completely! I suggest following Ionic's advice, and also to look at such thread as one I started myself "Discreet Heels for Shy Guys". There are other similar threads on suitable boots and shoes to build up your confidence before plunging into high stiletto street-heeling. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

At the periodic Heel-Meets, some of us tend to go a bit more "over the top" with our shoes than we might when out and about with our everyday solo street-heeling. There's safety in numbers - and maybe a healthy touch of competitive element thrown in! At the very recent London Heel-Meet, Dr. Shoe wore a pair of blue 5" stiletto pirate boots, Daz also wore high stiletto boots, I started out in 5" black stiletto ankle boots, but changed down a bit because these need more stretching. Others bought further stilettos during the trip, including Firefox who found some great 4 1/2" stiletto heeled fabric ankle boots at New Look in Oxford Street. Since then I've aquired more ankle boots with 4 1/2" heels(Faith's "Sabrina" and River Island's "Bev"), which I hope to wear at next Saturday's Birmingham Heel-Meet. Anyone interested in joining us (heels not compulsory) and having another really great day out this weekend - see "Real Life Meetings" thread for full details. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I don't much care when I wear whatever within reason. At the heel meets I may wear more conservative styles but that's because we usually walk about 10 miles! However, when you are starting off, it is best to build up slowly. And if you get a few looks, so what? Are you going to let other people decide what you wear, or are you going to decide that?

Hello, LondonMale! I'm from the States and, like Firefox, I pretty much wear what I please. Since you're new onboard, my name's JeffB, and I've gained a tiny measure of recognition here as being a guy who proudly, and openly wears heels at the office where I work daily, most noteably, standard pumps (courts to you) for the last couple of years. From day one, I've never had any trouble from co-workers or supervisors regarding the shoes I choose to wear. If anything, I'm regularly complimented on how stylish I am and how well I look in my heels. I've even had a couple of co-workers say I wear nicer looking heels than most of the women in the office, and I work in a large facility with something like nearly two hundred women!! Like Firefox said, don't let the world dictate to you. You only go around once, so enjoy the experience in the way YOU see fit, not everyone else!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I wear 3"heels,like beetle boots. Only got one negative comment. Everyone else.thinks their are great.Will get pictures sometime. I have one pair with 5 1/2' heels,1" by 1" base . Have not worn them in public. Spikes look cool, but I think that you need a 1 by 1 base, probably why blade heels are popular.

Take a look at my topic “Thigh Boots in Public” to see what I wear. For me wearing boots and heels are two different subjects. I have enjoyed wearing boots with a broad low heel for many years but high heels are a recently new. A lot of the inspiration came from reading this forum. My reasoning went something like this, if I’m going to try high heels, I’ll go all the way and wear thigh boots and not cover them up. Don’t leave any doubt about what I’m wearing. No one ever wonders, “Was he wearing high heels”? And I don’t think they don’t wonder if I’m a he or she. I’ll admit I only go into places I think are relative safe but that is becoming more and more places all the time. So far the only reaction has been a few turned heads and a gawk or two. I was ready for a lot more but people are willing to let me enjoy myself as long as I don’t interfere with them. I’m having a great time.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.