Do Cell Phone Cameras Effect Your Behavior?

HHeeler

Do Camera Phones Everywhere Effect Your Outings?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do Camera Phones Everywhere Effect Your Outings?

• Yes
    • Not at all
    • Maybe. Haven't thought about it before now

New guy, so pardon if this poll been done, but I haven't seen it. With everything being captured on phones and ending up in places like YouTube and Facebook, does that enter your mind during your heel outings, or have any effect at all?

Edited by HHeeler

Nope, doesn't bother me at all. I know I've been captured on "film" wearing tight jeans and thigh boots and a picture posted on some website that's about bad fashion. But hey, that's just the price we pay for publicly displaying our unique fashion sense.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Ask JeffB and Thighbootguy, both of them have appeared on websites, probably more members here have also. Jeff: Guess I had the window open too long before responding, your post had not shown up yet ;)

Edited by Rockpup

(formerly known as "JimC")

If I notice, I notice. But I'm not really sure it affects my behavior or not. I suppose it does because I want to see if they take a picture. More power to them if they do. I hope that my presentation of a guy in heels is a positive one that will put the naysayers in their place when someone looks at said picture and says that they like it. As long as one presents well cellphone camaras can be used to help spread a very positive image of a guy wearing high heels. In case you haven't guessed, I hadn't thought about it till now.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

My only concern is if they capture my face on camera (as I wouldn't want my missus to find out through some freak of chance), but I expect the odds are that those who will take pictures will do so from behind. Personally, I hope those out there who are still in the closet with their heel wearing will see me (or any other man in heels!) and get the motivation to do if for themselves! Chris

Not really gave it much thought really, as I don't hide my love of heels then wouldnt bother me if hey did take a picture.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I have never once seen someone snap a cell pic of me, but honestly I have never looked close enough to others to notice. I have worn my heels in public for 20 yrs and have yet to see someone follow me for more than anything other than they happen to be going in the same direction or heading to the same place. I figure, when I am out, if I walk past someone not expecting to see a guy in sexy heels they simple would not have the time to react without being obvious themselves.

I never thought about this much before but then again there are cameras popping up everywhere in public places especially in places like Great Britain and the USA. If someone with a less creative life feels the need to snap a photo then it will happen with or without my blessing. They have the freedom to then post it on websites like whocaresaboutthiscrap.com or losersoftheworldforum.org... you get the idea. My creativity shall not be limited by the hapless and irrelevant curiosity of others. That's my view. HappyinHeels

I enjoyed street-heeling for the year and a half I did it, but seeing JeffB and ThighBootGuy on a couple of web sites is part of why I stopped. I'm quite proud of the public image I project as a bearded, middle-aged biker, and I don't ever want to find a pic of me wearing heels posted on some dumbass web site. As a bonus, I no longer ask myself, "Heels, or no heels today," and my feet don't get sore anymore, either. hehehe

Edited by SandalFan

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

I have never once seen someone snap a cell pic of me, but honestly I have never looked close enough to others to notice. I have worn my heels in public for 20 yrs and have yet to see someone follow me for more than anything other than they happen to be going in the same direction or heading to the same place. I figure, when I am out, if I walk past someone not expecting to see a guy in sexy heels they simple would not have the time to react without being obvious themselves.

Agree....I imagine it would be really really difficult to get a picture / movie of me with enough clarity of my face to be recognised. To do this they would need to be quite close and in front of me. I'm sure I'd see it and turn away. If it was was blatant I'd confront them and ask them to erase the pictures...................

Edited by Walkonit

Ah times have changed and we have given digital photography to the masses. That means digital photography is now in the hands of some very skilled individuals… but also in the hands of fools. The high quality of the new cameras (light sensitivity) is another sacrifice we all have made in personal privacy. Our politicians and entertainers (may be one of the same) have had to become accustomed to a 24 hour news cycle where when something they say or do if known worldwide almost immediately. But alas, this is the world we now live in. This threads question, “Do Cell Phone Cameras Effect Your Behavior?” reminds us that we heelers are currently part of the rest of the world’s entertainment, and we need to recognize that and behave accordingly.

When I have been out, wearing thigh boots, I have been asked if I minded if someone took a picture. I usually reply, “Not at all, but be sure you get the heels” and strike a pose that shows a heel. If I notice someone trying to “sneak” a picture I generally turn away. Generally telling someone that they are being rude doesn’t work very well because they either know it already and don’t care, or are too dumb to understand.

The bigger question is how does this new non-private world affect how you participate in it? Some have indicated it doesn’t bother them others have indicated they have stopped heeling. It all gets back to a question I have been encouraging heelers to ask themselves for a long time now, “When you look in a full length mirror, do you like what you see?” That is the image you present to the public, which is now the whole world. My question needs to be updated to “When you look in a full length mirror, would you mind seeing that on a web site?” Somehow that puts a little more bite in the question.

My position is that I am annoyed by the additional loss of privacy that the new cameras impose. I am annoyed (and you will be too) when you see a picture of yourself on the web that you did not post (heels or not). However, I like my thighbooted image and am willing to present it to the world. I have accepted the fact that there are gaggles of giggly girls, knuckle dragging clowns, and now fools with cell phones out there in the world with me.

TBG

Edited by Thighbootguy
  • Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Heels are part of my normal attire when out and about anyway so I don't even consider this. I live full time in the female role and everyone knows who and what I am so me appearing on some youtube video or some website won't affect my life in the slightest. Having said that, I seem to pass for female well enough for most people not to even know that I am not what I seem so I doubt it would occur to most to even think of filming me.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I often asked myself what to. Once - being less confident, like nowadays - I entered a store, where didn't to go in. More recent, wearing my Krt Geiger tan overknee boots with skinny jeans, It happend me twice that someone pointed her iPhone to me and my boots. I kind of enjoyed that. In both occasions I looked up from what I was doing, smiled and they lookes away. Great HeelinF

When I have done limited public heeling - and for those who haven't run across my introductory thread, it's been "male on top" w/ skirts, and often as not, hose - my outward demeanor (or my attempted demeanor) in these cases is no different than if I were walking around in shorts and tennis shoes. That said, being in my mid forties I was able to do so a good number of years back knowing I would never be captured on film. And if, by chance I were to be captured on film, not made into public viewing, no matter how small the audience. Because for me, and a few here I am seeing, not caring about strangers is one thing, but caring what friends and family think is different all together. And I imagine for some, friends and family acceptance may fall short of picture on a website. But I haven't yet answered my own question. Will it effect me? Yes. But since I have decided to enter the arena of public heeling, however cautiously, the camera phone thing has given me .... pause. Another mental hurdle to clear - of many certainly - but not an impenetrable barrier.

Like hheeler, I've ocassionally done the skirt-hose-heels thing and no doubt it does draw out the cameras. I've routinely done heels half hidden by jeans and I've never seen a camera. I doubt it would be easy to capture that it's actually a guy wearing heels, because you almost need the face to show that. Likewise I don't give a damn what strangers think, but wouldn't want certain friends and family to see a picture. Heels under jeans can be very discrete, I've talked to a neighbor and even had my wife walk in and I managed to not get "seen". A skirt would be seen immediately. So now I seldom do skirts, so I guess maybe it has affected my actions. I also learned I don't really get quite the thrill from a skirt as I do from heels, so why greatly increase my exposure for little return?

Hi All, I get snapped a lot on phones and the like, its especially obvious at night. Last night I went on a bus trip around 4 bars from 6pm arriving back at my local bar at 11pm. During the night there was a lot of flashing cell phones with some blatant attempts to get a shot. I'm not bothered about the exposure but it is a little annoying because I'd rather people be up front about what they're doing. Regards Heel-Lover

I voted no, but there is still a small degree of concern with so many cameras about. As even though I do this publicly, a large number of my friends, coworkers, and extended family don't know about this part of me... and I still strive for anonymity as much as possible.

Here's an addendum of sorts to this poll question. Even though I've been wearing skirts in public a lot over the last year or two, I still don't worry about being photographed while out and about. If it happens, it happens, that doesn't stop me from wearing what I love, nor will I hide what I wear, despite the risk of humiliation if a photo of me winds up on some website. I refuse to let a few inconsiderate numbskulls control how I got about my life and what I choose to wear. Hell, the least these people can do is come up to me and ask for permission, I'd gladly pose and give them a proper picture worth displaying!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I voted "not at all" but that's not really the case. With my side of the family, it's pretty much irrelevant as most don't do much online, and frankly, I could care less if they did see it. Don't talk a lot with them anyways. My wife's side of the family could be a bit more interesting. Some are what I call Militant evangelicals' and will try and "pray the devil away". Now some of the ladie inlaws and nieces - - They would probably get a kick out of it even though it scares the wife that they may find out. My son has seen me in some pretty steep boots, but he doesn't say anything when he comes home for visits. The rest of the kids do not know. Wife thinks it would scar them for life. I doubt it, but I work within those limits. When I'm out and about in my heeled boots, It doesn't phase me much. I'm usually somewhat out of town. I have yet to go out in a heeled shoe yet, but I do plan on it. I know I will get caught on camera sometime in the future if I haven't already. At the 'Walk a mile in her shoe's" event, there was lots of picture snapping going on, but the hosting sorority never posted them online, and most folks asked before shooting. I usually asked for them not to get my face although I'm sure my extreme heels are out there somewhere. I don't wear heels to Walmarts - - any wonder why??

Edited by Heelster

Honestly not at all. I am able to wear my heels to work as well as just about anywhere else I go. I stopped worrying about what everyone else thought about it and became determined to enjoy my life to the fullest.