200 registered users!

terayon

ahem .... The number of registered users that is shown in the top right corner of the forum index page, is actually 2 more than the highest usernumber. How come ?? Have 2 names been striken from the database of registered users, while the counter has not been updated at the same time ? :???:

At the moment I'm looking at a highest usernumber of 201 and this is also the number of registered users mentioned on the index page.

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

On the forum index page it says at the moment "We have -201- Registered Users" and also "The newest Registered User is -kilted scotsman-". Clicking on the name "kilted scotsman" in the latter line, produces his profile with URL

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/bb_profile.php?mode=view&user=199

So he appears to have user number 199. Being sometimes curious, I change that 199 into 200, and then the board software tells me "That Username doesn't exist". Same with user number 201.

there have two entries added to the members list for the purposes of administration and moderation. this is so that no one administrator or moderator gets singled out for abuse when a message deleted or altered. these have been entered as numbers 1 and 2. they were added after kiltedscotman joined but given the positions at the head of the list. if you look Jeff and Firefox previously resided in those positions although their joining order says 1st and 2nd. admin and moderator have the membership numbers 200 and 201. if it seems confusing we apologise. it confuses us sometimes :smile:

Yes, that's right. I thought Tom was talking about the usernumbers in front of the names in the memberslist (they start at 1 and go up to 201). The number seen in the URL Tom mentions is the primary key in the user-table. I gave the users added for admin purposes a negative primary key, hence the 201-199 difference.

Greetz, Jeff

---

Still, the number isn't very representative for the actual number of users because I noticed some have registered more than once (to change their user name e.g.).

Greetz, Jeff

---

Never mind, at this rate i'm sure we'll have a thousand users by christmas :smile:

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

a thousand users? This will become such a busy place? How would anyone keep up? Well if most of them lurk as they do now, it may not be so bad, and more of an audience should have me writing more and entertaining everyone. Okay, it could be a good idea.