London, Uk Meet (Nov 30/dec 1)

iloveboots

Worldwide Heel Meet  

42 members have voted

1. 1. would you attend a Worldwide Heel Meet in London, UK Nov 30/Dec 2, 2012 weekend?

I would love to come, I think I need a few meets like this in order to bolster my confidence enough to go out in heels on my own. Plus it helps when it's not in your local area :-) Maybe for now as I do sometimes have to work weekends, but if I'm not working then I'll do my best to attend!

I would love to come. I will put it in the diary. Last time I had quite a job deciding what to wear. Perhaps I should bring a change of shoes? After all, it might be raining? M

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

Sure I've already posted but not there? Duh? Maybe from me but as I've screwed up flights/holidays that have just clashed I feel I should/MUST get there. Maybe only for a day prob Saturday at the worst just the Friday pm. If we have a few girls coming then I may get Chris to come along on that score. Al

Update (Saturday, June 23, 2012)

We have one of the key meet items looked after, the Saturday, day meet location. We have secured a confirmation for 11am to 4pm at The Horse. Rich the owner/manager appears to be a really cool partner on the meet. The link to The Horse website is:

http://horsebar.co.uk/index.php

124 Westminster Bridge Road

Waterloo

London SE1 7XG

020 7928 6277

They serve a selection of England’s finest Ales.

The menu is freshly prepared authentic Thai - working on the appy menu for the day now.

Also working on following:

Friday, Nov 30 - lunch/meet 11:30am to 3pm

Friday, Nov 30 - dinner/evening event location 7pm

Saturday, Dec 1, 2012 - dinner location 7pm

Saturday, Dec 1, 2012 - club/evening events, choices - includes Torture Garden; other options?

David

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Thanks Kneehighs :)

Announcing The hhplace.org 10th Anniversary World Heel Meet

FYI Everyone......thought I would share some correspondence between LiveandLearn and I as it may answer some members questions on the two days, ie what is planned for Friday?

David

Friday will have a full day starting around 11:30am of meet events, starting with lunch. We will locate a lunch spot near Camden Market as the afternoon will include a "heeled shopping spree" of Camden till about 4pm. Then we will all re-group for dinner around 7pm. I am looking at a few spots now that are "Greenwich" area spots as we'll list a few club opportunities for that evening as well in the area.

So, hold on to your hat, we will have lots of friday Meet fun as well!

David

LiveAndLearn, on 23 June 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

Thanks for the message David.

I do not know if I will be attending for sure yet. I can only make the friday as I work on the weekends, and it's my understanding that a lot of people are coming for the saturday.

I hope to be there, but if the festivites are planned for the saturday as opposed to the friday then I may have to sit this one out.

I live about 2 hours from London. I work on the saturday so I wouldn't be able to stay over as such, as my funds wouldn't allow it anyway. But i'd deffinatly come down for the daytime activites if there were to be any on the friday!

RSVP here: http://www.hhplace.org/calendar/event/1-london-heelboot-meet/#commentsStart

We should e able to make the Friday but would have to leave Saturday morning as our football team have a local derby game on the Saturday afternoon.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

It's too bad this meet is over 5 months away. I'm ready to go now! It'll be nice to spend time in London for no reason other than to socialize and enjoy each other's company. Now I've just got to figure out which of my local female friends I'll invite out with me (if any). Hmmm.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

awesome!

I have just checked my roster and that is my long weekend off from 30Nov to 3 Dec, so I will definitely be there is anything is arranged

know what you mean....the 5 months will fly by!

It's too bad this meet is over 5 months away. I'm ready to go now! It'll be nice to spend time in London for no reason other than to socialize and enjoy each other's company. Now I've just got to figure out which of my local female friends I'll invite out with me (if any). Hmmm.

I am planing to have the straps made longer on 3 or 4 pairs of heels. There is a good cobbler NE London. IF any one is wishing to do the same then just let me know. Since I be driving up there Friday morning and picking them up Saturday. If any member on here could just remind me where in NE London this cobbler is I be most grateful.

• 4 weeks later...

just a quick update everyone. Have not forgotten the meet. In fact working on many aspects the past few weeks. Mind you, many of the contacts I am working with are rather preoccuppied right now with some major event going on??? LOL! Absolutely was blown away by the opening ceremonies. Right now, Saturday pub day for the Meet is all confirmed. Have a couple of hotels I am working on that offer apartment type room accommodations for multi member use. And, also lining up the Friday day & night schedule. Will check back in again soon with more update info. Spread the word to all your HHPlace friends to set aside Nov 30 & Dec 1 in their calendars now. And, also indicate in the poll if they are for sure or maybe. Cheers, David

My plan is to come up on Friday morning/midday and stay till Saturday eve. All that wish can go play in the funny clubs and enjoy that side of life. If I can sort a hotel with car park = easy or coach it up. Al

Put me down as a maby. Will be me and the Mrs though. Are mrs welcome? Don't think she would like to go to Torture Garden offcourse that shouldn't stop you guy's and girls from going. Might even try and catch a show there, She keeps going on about visiting show in Londen.

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

Good energy beginning to happen with the meet! Cool! For those who can only make Friday, we will have a full meet set up for Friday as there are many who can only make the one day including myself as I have to be on a flight Saturday. Don't worry, the Saturday meet details are all looked after and confirmed. Yes, definitely spouses are welcome, in fact encouraged! This is first a foremost a social get together for HHPlace members to meet and say hi to all the folks you conenct with during the year on line; ie put a real person together witht he handle name you have corresponded with all year and also enjoy wearing our heels together in a safe environment. David

What about Friday?

No good either. I have my kids with me all weekend. Might be a slim chance I can rearrange things & get the Sat or Sunday free but not too hopeful at the moment.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

No good either. I have my kids with me all weekend. Might be a slim chance I can rearrange things & get the Sat or Sunday free but not too hopeful at the moment.

No problem. Didn't you used to sit with shakedown at the world heel meets back in 2007-2008? Just curious because I haven't seen too much of him around.

Edited by kneehighs

No problem. Didn't you used to sit with shakedown at the world heel meets back in 2007-2008? Just curious because I haven't seen too much of him around.

I did indeed. That and a bit of pool playing.

Shakedown is heavily into his bass-playing & gigging these days so the heels have possibly taken a back seat.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the update David as I was wondering what the explanation behind your temporary absence was.

Provided my phone contacts are still current, I'll be making brief phone calls within the next 10 business days to the following on behalf of the coming meet:

1. admirer5577

2. Firefox

3. fog

4. heelfan

5. heeluis

6. ramon020

7. Si

8. Thighboots2

9. Xaphod

I'll also tap the email of f_private who hasn't been active in almost two years, but it's worth a shot.

Also, soon either one of us might want to start a formal list of Probable Attendees and Possible Attendees as done in the past. The reason for the list is that some of the possibles in the poll, like me, may change and become Probable Attendees.

Well seduce my ancient footwear. I get a mention :-)

It has been quite a while since I poked around HHP, been a lot going on in my life. A good precis is on my profile. I woud love to come along at some point over the weekend, and renew aquantainces from that lovely meal at Morgan Ms. Incidentally I have used that restaurant several times since so whoever found it, thank you. I will keep track of this thread and see what turns up then I can make plans.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Well seduce my ancient footwear. I get a mention :-)

It has been quite a while since I poked around HHP, been a lot going on in my life. A good precis is on my profile. I woud love to come along at some point over the weekend, and renew aquantainces from that lovely meal at Morgan Ms. Incidentally I have used that restaurant several times since so whoever found it, thank you. I will keep track of this thread and see what turns up then I can make plans.

Very interesting evolution there and very good to hear of your progress and current joy! My plans are still unfolding at the moment since they've changed since the meet date was first posted. Hope to see you if I do in fact make it!

10th Annual Worldwide Heel Meet Update. My own personal travel plans have changed and I am no longer able to travel to the UK at the end of November, so will miss the 10th Annual meet. Very dissappointed! However, the Saturday dedicated Pub for the day is booked and arranged (The Horse) and I am hoping one of our local London members will pick up the planning and follow through with handling the meet? Dr Shoe (tried PM'ing but your mailbox came back full)? If anyone is interested please PM me and I will send along all the details, contacts for the Saturday Pub arrangement (11am-4pm on Dec 1). What is left to do is (a) plan an evening dinner location for Saturday night (Dec 1) and also a Friday, Nov 30 dinner/club location plus any other arrnagements one wants to make, and (B) promote and update the thread plus the calender. My apologies for being unable to follow through to the meet but work got int he way. Cheers, David