Corsets & 'Heels, anyone??

Anita C.

Ok-you all know that I wear a corset (a REAL corset-with laces in the back and stays!) :( when I perform. I also wear my 5.5" Stilettos. This gives a real change in your walk (it canNOT be helped! It's the only way you CAN walk in corset/heels!)) & posture (OY!)!! Since I've come to this site it has presented a whole new dimension. Someone asked me if it feels erotic. Yes, it feels erotic-moreso the more I think about it. Does it hurt/is it painful? No. It does take some getting used to but you adopt. The first time I was chiched in by someone who knew what they were doing :( !!! What are your methouds of lacing into a corset? Do you have assistance? A-a-a-a-a-nd WE"RE OFF!

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

after getting 'rope burns' on my elbows, I found the trick of using a handy pair of door handles. One set of laces is looped around the handle on each side of an open door, then you just lean away and voila! (well, not quite, but it is a big help) Emma

Been there .... done that. I started wearing corsets 23.5/7 for some months in early 2000 and reduced my waist to 28". Since it was Winter, I wasn't doing too much in the way of extreme physical activity, but when Spring came and I started sailing, the restriction of corseting was pretty well incompatible with the sometimes very physical work involved with single-handing a 32 foot sailboat, so I took the corset off. More fool me ..... because I put my back out for the first time in my life, and was flat out for a month !!! That certainly screwed up my sailing season and I havn't worn a corset since ..... heels are a different matter though ! Xaphod's method of putting on a corset. My night corset was my previous day corset (1" larger waist earlier on during training). Upon waking, remove night corset and bathe/shower. Loosen the laces sufficiently and evenly on the day corset so that you can only just close the corset at the front. It's best to do this first thing in the morning after you have had a bath/shower, but before you have eaten. Lay down on the bed and engage the bottom clip on the busk. Use this as a pivot to engage the more difficult clips at the minimum part of the waist. Complete fastening the busk. Stand up, preferably in heels so you get a better posture for corset wearing, and pull in the waist somewhat. This will tighten the waist, but not the top and bottom of the corset. Reach behind you and progressively tighten the corset from the top down to the middle and from the bottom up to the middle. You will now be able to pull in more of the laces at the waist. If you have been corseting for a while, the edges of the corset will nearly meet. Now wriggle around in the corset ..... it's difficult to describe, but you need to feel your internal organs re-adjusting their positions and your lower ribcage sitting on the taper of the corset down to your waist. The corset should also be taking the weight of your upper body which you should also feel being transfered to the tops of your hips and your pelvis through the stiffness of the corset. This actually stretches your spine a little and atrophies the muscles which usually support it ..... as I found out to my cost !!! Finally close the corset (say the last 3/4"), again working from the top down and from the bottom up. Pull the laces tight so that the edges of the corset don't open like a pair of lips pouting when you bend over (as far as the corset will let you !!! ). Many people wind the laces around the waist a few times, but to stop the laces chafing your corset, it is best to tie them at the back, then loosely wind them around the waist. A little practice tying a bow knot behind you while not letting your waist expand will pay dividends in corset life ! Part of 23.5/7 corset wearing is keeping your skin in good condition, which means attending to places where the corset chafes, keeping the skin and corset clean and wearing something under the corset if extreme waist reduction is required. I used to wear an old t-shirt under my night corset for comfort in sleeping, but nothing under the day one. Had I continued wearing corsets, I would have had to invest in a corset liner. The use of 2 corsets allows the day or night corset to be washed and dried while the other one is being worn. Xa