Barbie

http://valeria-lukyanova.tumblr.com/ What do you think of ' Barbie '? Darian and I were gabbing last night and she came up with this link to this Russian woman. 21 years old and has some extensive surgeries. Ribs removed, legs lengthened, serious breast augmentation, liposuction, facial surgeries. One of the doctors I'm presently involved with stated shes probably had about half a million dollars of surgeries to do all of what was listed on one website. Is vanity really worth all of this? -ILK.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I don't personally have a problem with it. Just like we don't wait for everyone else's approval before we wear heels, she doesn't need anyone else's approval to live her life the way she wants to or spend money the way she wants to. It's not her fault if other people compare themselves short to HER standard of beauty or her disposable income.

The first question I asked myself though is "What are her motivations? Does she want to look like a Barbie Doll to help her career? Or does she want to look like a Barbie Doll for something more personal?" If it's personal, I'd like to see what she thinks of herself in 30 years when she's 51 and has had more time to recognize that true self worth comes unconditionally from within.

Interesting that she comes from the Ukraine (stereotypically Eastern European women are often invested in outward cultural symbols of status and wealth) and if you visit her Facebook page (which has amassed over 100,000 fans in April alone) you will see her group of friends look almost exactly like her.

post-287-0-45401400-1335573424_thumb.png

post-287-0-83422000-1335573446_thumb.png

Edited by kneehighs

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Looking at the this chick from my 56 year body, I can safely say that when her looks deteriorate with aging, she's really going to be a mess. There is always the saying "live fast, die young and leave beautiful memories. Perhaps that's her idea?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I got quite a way into your post before it occurred to me you weren't talking about my daughter lol.I don't like to have opinions about peoples choices because I'm not living their lives. I hope they do me the same courtesy. Sorry, I didn't do a quote, so now you'll all be wondering. Ha ha!

By the way, what does 'grabbing' mean?

Its ' gabbing '. Like.. chatting, talking, just having a friendly conversation. We did some ' grabbing ' afterwards though..

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

She looks rather artificial, as do her friends. Figures in wax museums look more natural than she does. But to each his/her own.

Have a happy time!

Its ' gabbing '. Like.. chatting, talking, just having a friendly conversation. We did some ' grabbing ' afterwards though..

Oh yes, I can see that now. And I've just realised I was meant to look at the pictures. I should have asked Tech to include a function to stop me making a fool of myself :unsure:

TOS: " beauty is only skin deep.". ( but ugly is for ever.)

Edited by Bubba136

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Some pictures look more doll like than could be made with a 12" original, the only give away was that there was no hole behind the chin to put the neck in. Quite creepy, she has got this far and the maintenence bill will continue to add. ---- Megan don't worry we all make errors at sometime - remember Mary Poppins said she was "pratically perfect" not perfect. Al

----

Megan don't worry we all make errors at sometime - remember Mary Poppins said she was "pratically perfect" not perfect.

Al

Thank you. My umbrella turned inside out in the wind and dragged me to the top of the nearest tree. I imagine the firemen haven't stopped laughing yet.

Wow, I've never seen anything quite like those photos. I'm actually not sure what I think, but live and let live I guess.

Edited by Shona

Me thinks this is a Hoax by one of those Japanese companies that make those very realistic looking dolls.

Time will tell.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE