Do You Paint Your Toenails When You Go Heeling?

wishicould

Do you paint your toenails when you are heeling?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you paint your toenails when heeling?

I used to. I went through a phase of painting them a lot but the health of my nails declined so I stopped, and I've not painted them for several months now. I do kind of miss it sometimes but I don't want to fall into the trap of having to keep them painted because they look so horrendous unpainted. I'm looking forward to summer weather and wearing sandals, but I think now I'd only paint my toes very occasionally.

If you like it, wear it.

I keep my toe nails painted nearly all the time save for a week or two to let them rest. I go for a pedicure on average every 2.5 months to a private residence and wear different heels each time. It is a relaxing experience I highly recommend to all! HappyinHeels

• Like 1

I have painted my toenails when I sed to shave my legs and I loved it. I have quite feminine feet, so the look of painted toenails and shaved legs was very appealing. Since I've let the fur grow back I've not bothered though.

I get my nails professionally manicured and pedicured and the nail tech gives my nails a clear base coat, a coat of transparent pink that matches my skin color, and a glossy clear top coat. I've been doing this for a year and my nails have never looked better. And in all that time, only ONE person (a secretary where I used to work) ever noticed, and she complimented me on it. Steve

• Like 1

If I was a sandal or peep-toe wearer then I would. But as I wear boots and closed toe pumps, nope.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I would never wear open-toe heels or any open toe footwear without a good pedicure and bright nail polish on my toenails. I get a professional pedicure every two weeks and usually wear Fire Engine Red or Hot Pink. Both of these colors are pretty with any color of sandal. If you are having a bad day, it is fun to look down and see 10 bright red toenails. many women compliment me and tells me that I have "toes like a girl".

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

I always have a painted nails. Despite it heading into the colder months here and my sandals aren't likely to be worn again until October I will still keep my nails painted. If I have to remove my pumps for any reason I would want my toes looking presentable! If I was wearing peep-toes then a pedicure is compulsory. Painted toenails suits my style - which is quite fem. Cheers Heel-Lover

• Like 1

I hate to admit it because it makes me feel weird but hey i do love pink and red nail polish all sorts of bright colors while wearing my heels at most times when i wear them in the privacy of an empty home ... though being in the closet about all of this want of heels and nail polish etc i rarely wear heels or nail polish as i still live with my family and any guy who was in the closet or secretive about this knows the situation im speaking of. Nail polish with heels? yes absolutely.

All the time, infact it is rare when they are not done. Recently my spa which I get my toes done at has come in with light cured polish. This stuff is amazing, it lasts for weeks with out wearing out or chipping. In the past, during winter when it snowy and cold having regular pedicure was so iffy because I did noy have enough time get dry before stuffing them into a boot for snow. Now they really nice all the time. For our spring and summer plus occasional trips to the beach in winter they are ready! My S.O. and do our nails all the time, which is great! Mtnsofheels

I used to. I went through a phase of painting them a lot but the health of my nails declined so I stopped, and I've not painted them for several months now. I do kind of miss it sometimes but I don't want to fall into the trap of having to keep them painted because they look so horrendous unpainted. I'm looking forward to summer weather and wearing sandals, but I think now I'd only paint my toes very occasionally.

Hey Sleek, I was wondering if you know about wearing a good clear coat under your color of choice? Also, don't keep the polish on for more than a couple of weeks, give your nails a day or two to breath / rest in between the times that you wear polish, and I also apply a coat of tea tree oil on in-between days when I don't wear polish. This seems to keep my toe nails pretty healthy and I haven't really seen any discoloration or anything like that.

Shafted, You love boots but don't do your toes because you're always wearing closed-toes footwear but what if you were to try a sandal-boot? I have two pairs, one with a 7" stiletto heel and the other with a 6" block heel. Both offer boot stability with a peep toe that let the wearer show their toes. You already rock the town in your boots so why not show them your toes as well? This way your patrons will get two "shows" for just one ticket. :santa: Give it some thought buddy. Down East will never have looked so good. HappyinHeels

Well for one, open toes are not allowed on the job. Also I don't particularly care for the look of open toes.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Steel toes at work for me and nail polish doesn't take up too much space inside the boots. When they come off, tada nice looking nails. Not always painted for others, sometimes it's for ME.

I guess it's ok if thats what floats your boat but as for me? Shoes is as far as i have ever wanted to go. I have absoultly no interest in looking like a girl. Thats just me.

real men wear heels

I have absoultly no interest in looking like a girl.

This gave me quite a chuckle.

Heels yes!

Painted toenails makes one look like a girl...

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

This gave me quite a chuckle.

Heels yes!

Painted toenails makes one look like a girl...

My perfect pedicures with fire engine red toenails do make my feet look very feminine. I get many wonderful compliments from women that I have feet and toes like a girl and that the red polish looks really good. I have also asked a lot of women about black or red polish, and the majority of them say that the bright red polish on my toes looks a lot better than black, so I think overall most women seem to prefer red polish. If you are going to wear feminine heeled sandals that show you toes, a professional pedicure with bright red or hot pink polish is a feminine finishing touch that really completes the overall look. I would never wear open toe sandals without a good pedicure and bright polish on my toes.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

I'll agree on the professional pedicure for sure, but I'm quite comfortable with a clear or very light pink polish that matches my natural nail color. I'm not out to flaunt my shoes or my feet. If people notice, fine. I just don't care. Steve

I wear polish pretty much all the time. If you wear it only with heels currently then you should try full time at least doing the summer months. Never know when you might see a nice pair of wedges sandals or heels when out.