Heeling and blood pressure

Pumps

Question

Anybody here have a problem with high bloodpressure ? I did take some medicine once because of headaces as a result of high bloodpressure, but it's been a while since I stopped. Once in a while I can get headaces, so I bought a blood pressure monitor, but the values were quite normal . I have noticed that I often get headaces up to heeling events, so today I went shopping in a pair of pumps, which I haven't tried since I moved back to Denmark. Upon return home I tested my blood pressure and It was the highest I have measured at 174/94. I don't even feel that I'm getting nervous anymore, so I can only imagine what the values would be back when I did. Could it really be that heeling is the cauce of my high blood pressure ?

7 answers to this question

Stress certainly. Best way is to monitor different events, Prior to leaving to work, going to doctors/dentist, doing a presentation or lecture. Basically anything that creates a difficult situation. do a check. Heeling could raise the adrenaline level giving a positive feeling yet also pushing up the BP with it. Being aware of this can help you understand and control it. Al

Heeling could raise the adrenaline level giving a positive feeling yet also pushing up the BP with it. Being aware of this can help you understand and control it.

Al

I think you hit the nail on the head, Al. I often feels stoked when wearing heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

well I have high blood pressure, but it doesnt really affect my wearing of high heel boots (the heels arnt really that high- maybe around 3/half inches @ the most.

If you have any levels of stress or anxiety then that could raise you blood pressure. But also it depends when you took your blood pressure. If you took it as soon as you got home then you could give yourself a false reading. when you do take your blood pressure after heeling give your self 30mins before taking. Also your blood pressure is constantly changing due to numerous reasons.

• Like 1

High there I do not know if you are taking any thing for high blood pressure? You can try ginger either in ground form but to me the best in tea form. I have bee taking it now for my osteo-arthritis and it works wonders.

Dont read too much into blood pressure unless its constantly high everytime i have mine done at the surgery or hospital im extreamly high but get home and do it at home and not thinking about it i go back to normal so nerves play a part in the readings