The power of the written word

HappyinHeels

Hey All, It is isn't often when I think what I may write on our forum hours before I write it but that's what happened today. A few days ago I sent an email to Baker's headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri to compliment a young lady I have dealt with for while and I felt it was time to let others know. Here's the text of my email:

"Hello Baker's Staff, I've written to you before but it's been a while. On 10 April I visited the Brookfield, Wis. store and dealt with "Alexandria". I bought the white "ARIA" wedge sandal which she brought me as was in size 11. I tried them on and she beamed at how nice they looked with my bootcut jeans. This young lady seems genuinely interested in my business and epitomizes the type of stellar employee that all other Baker's employees should aspire to. Positive service like this toward your customers, both male and female, are exactly why repeat customers like Bakers so much. Please pass on my best to her."

Today I was at that store to see what happened and I was stunned at the scope of one email. First she thanked me profusely and second she showed me a copy of my email and the company's response to me. Thirdly, and this was the revelation, she showed me the weekly "footnotes" that all employees are required to read. I was shown the footnotes which contained just three positive comments for the week but there was mine in the middle. What I was told was that I apparently have caught the attention of the Bakers HQ staff in St. Louis because the associate told me that "Our regional sales manager, Jeremy, says John has a very good rapport with HQ and a compliment from him carries major weight as he's a repeat customer and writes about his experiences."

While I figured that an email carries some weight I had no idea just HOW MUCH weight since it was made clear to me that the company is indeed paying close attention to me and what I say. I have told the company for some time that there are many men who enjoy their product and that the more size 11's they place into stores they will do far better than carry size 6's and they appear on the verge on drastically increasing the on-site availability of that size. I have encouraged others to review shoes where possible or to write emails directly to companies about your experiences. Now I can't help but raise that torch and exult all to shop, and try on, and review, and write. The feeling I left with that I may have actually enhanced this young lady's aspirations, and the chances she may advance in the company has no price. One person can make a difference and, apparently this month, one just did. HappyinHeels

This store deserves a "hhplace.org store of special recognition" bumper sticker on their window/door.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Good customer service should be noted and rewarded!! Wonderful compliment to the sales person, and great response from the company. I also send written and verbal compliments when I recieve excellent service. Most businesses only hear from customers when they are pissed off. I have sent many messages to shoe companies making it clear that I am a guy who wears womens shoes, and compliment their staff while thanking them for having larger sizes available. Nice post, and nice compliments to the sales gal... I have never been inside a Bakers store. After your experience, I intend to visit one in my area. See ya, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"