• Stockings
    • Pantyhose

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

i personally prefer leggs sheer energy. inexpensive (especially in quantities on ebay), durable, comfortable, and attractive.

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

For tights, I like HUE and Lane Bryant store brand. Both brands do pretty well with having sizes large enough for me, last many, many wears and the styles aren't bad either. As for pantyhose, I buy whatever is a plus size and on sale. About once per year, the local Macy's has a big sale on nylons and they usually have a lot in plus sizes. My current batch are mainly Birkshires.

Style is built from the ground up!

Hi, My favorite brand is Oroblu. That is available in many countries of the EU. They have many types, but if you are very tall they may not have your size because their larger sizes seem to go more in the width than in the length. I use the 44-46 size and when I buy one size larger it doesn't give much more length, and it isn't very tight in the upper part. The L'eggs that all our US friends recommend I have never seen in Europe, but I haven't been much in the UK. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

For tights, I like HUE and Lane Bryant store brand. Both brands do pretty well with having sizes large enough for me, last many, many wears and the styles aren't bad either.

Oh, yeah! Forgot about tights! I've been faithful to L'eggs for years, usually size Q, they fit me well and last quite a long time.

As for pantyhose, I buy whatever is a plus size and on sale. About once per year, the local Macy's has a big sale on nylons and they usually have a lot in plus sizes. My current batch are mainly Birkshires.

I do all my hosiery shopping at Rite Aid, I find everything I need there, and at a reasonable price, so I don't have to wait for sales.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I too use the L'eggs brand Sheer Energy support hose in size B and in Nude or Suntan shades. Very comfortable, reasonable cost, great fit, durable, and make your legs look fantastic. All day massaging to make your legs feel less tired also. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

Many years ago I used to buy Evan Picone Sheer pantyhose. They were amazing. These are no longer made so I'm back to Leggs or Nononsense. I'll occasionally buy Hanes. I buy either suntan or black.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

A few already said Leggs Sheer Energy, I have to add my vote to that, they are cheap and quite durable, the best ones I have used for sure.

Also, Legg's Silken Mist are very nice feeling and are almost invisible, but won't last nearly as long (used them in most of the pictures I have posted here).

The most durable product from Legg's are their light tights, but those are normally only available in black, but can last at least 20 wearings without a snag.

I tried more expensive/fancier brands, but nothing comes close to having the same "bang for the buck" of Legg's.

Last note: I have seen in another thread ther mention of comfilon.com (legwear aimed at men specifically). But, I can't justify spending 2-4x as much on those, but might have to try them one of these days.

• 2 months later...

I don't like pantyhose or 'Tights' as they're called here. They make me feel too confined, almost claustrophobic and definitely unhygienic. I prefer hold ups. I'll even use pop socks with trousers but that's top secret. I have some fashioned 100% nylons too for special occasions. :winkiss:

hhdude, it depends how long you are wearing them? Personally I opt for stockings (either hold up or suspended) because I prefer this style forr comfort. Pantyhose are restrictive, you can get very hot and if you need to go to the toilet they are a damn nuisance...... As fas as stockings go suspended stockings are the most comfortable - you basically don't know they are there because there is no elastac or silicone in the stocking top. Holds up aren't bad but unless your legs are waxed then they can slip on the hairs.... As an all day wearer (when I do wear them) then I always go for suspended first, hold up stockings second) The only down side with suspended stockings is you need a suspender belt as well. Get a good quality 4 strap suspender belt - with deep sides and metal clasps (not plastic). As with shoes I find quality suspender belts are worth the extra money. Cheers Heel-Lover

My vote's for pantyhose. This is just me, but I don't find it constrictive, I can and have worn pantyhose all day long and felt quite comfortable. However, the notion of stockings with garters or a garter belt to properly hold them up doesn't interest me at all.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I normally wear trouser socks or knee high hose every day and occasionally a garter belt (suspenders) and high fashion hose with my heels. My wife introduced me to pantyhose one winter morning, early on in our marriage, when I was getting ready to go duck hunting with my father-in-law. She told me how much warmer they would keep me across the water and in the duck blind. While I prefer other types of hose to pantyhose, I still wear them during the winter months while fishing or hunting.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I wear tights usually, but occasionally wear stocking, either with a suspender belt/girdle or Hold-ups when i want to feel more sensual and extra specially girly!! I find as regards patterns, colours etc though, tights do seem to be available if far greater varieties than stockings ??