Stockings pantyhose & thigh highs

Anita C.

What do you prefer wearing?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer wearing?

• Stockings
    • Pantyhose

Stockings and suspenders definatly. Tights just don't stay up, the crotch usually lands up somewhere around my knees after an hour. Suspender belts and stockings also make me feel really sexy. Just invested in some silk seemed stockings. They look fantastic. Only trouble with suspenders is going to the bathroom with the whole knicker issue.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we guys wear the same undergarment items as you gals do, we have similar bathroom problems as you. I tried the experience of wearing thighhighs for a while, but not being able to find them short enough for a short leg was a problem, so I stopped wearing them in preference of wearing pantyhose. They came up into my crotch area too high. On me, I don't have a crotch problem with the pantyhose and they stay up on me all day long. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

almost exclusivly stockings & suspenders. Sometimes hold-ups, but not often. and pop-socks with trousers. I have a wide selection of suzzy belts - they are the key to being comfortable all day, good metal clips, wider (1/2") elastic and a broad waistband shapped to fit. The worst are the thin waistbans, with plastic clips, and 1/4" elastic - after 10 mins they dig in, the plastic clip breaks, and the adjusting straps slide down - as does the waist! BTW allways wear the suzzy belt under the pants - the toilet thing is much easier! BB

Yea, never really been able to understand the US terms I think Pantyhose = Tights (although I have also seen it used for stockings and other hosiery) Garter belt = Suspender belt (Suzzy belt) (around the waist thing) ?????????? = Garters/garter belt? (Men use to hold socks up - looks silly if you ask me) ?????????? = Garters (An elasticated frilly band around the leg - holds stockings up) Suspender belt = Braces (shoulder straps to holt trousers up) Is this correct??? The Suzzy belt thing was really funny a couple of years ago, we had a colleague from the US visiting, he overheard some of the girls in the office talking about Suzzy belts, and joined in - mentioning that he had quite a collection, lots of colours and styles, which he likes to wear for work - and offered to wear a nice patterned pair the following day - result some really schoolgirl giggling for the rest of the day, until the following day when he and they found the Suspender belt = Braces, & Garter belt = Suspender belt! BB

• 5 months later...

It's stockings only for me, thigh highs/stay-up mostly. Pantyhose happens to turn me off completely. I don't have a problem with the silicon band on stay-ups. I wear them sometimes three days on end, day and night, and don't feel the worse for it.

Only knee-high stockings here. Being as tall and slim as I am, I'm not even going to try to find full-length hose for my body type. Knee-highs slip over my feet and go just as high as I need them to go while providing the function that I need from them. I am, however, very open to trying out fishnet stockings someday.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Adeana, you're a woman after my own heart. Thigh high, no cheap fishnets. I especially like the thigh high stockings requiring garters. It's just so sexy and classy.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 1 month later...
:roll: I personally prefer pantyhose, thigh highs and stockings! Each one has there own merits and each one has an individual allure thats has it's own charm. Pantyhose, are quite easy to find, buy & wear and they can some in a vast array of sizes, textures and colors, and of course you have to option of the reinforced panty and the further option of with or without the "tummy control." And for those who like to wear pantyhose with sandals, you also have the choice of going with, "sandalfoot toe," too! The combinations are almost endless. And not to mention the different type of crotches, too! In some pantyhose some are "crotchless" right from the factory! Hmmmm, And I can't forget that lovely sound a woman makes when shes walking a pair of pantyhose while wearing a skirt or a dress! "Pantyhose is tops when it come to that!" To me it's like music to my ears, especially if the wearer is in a pair of high heels!. . . . Thigh highs, you have the near size and color options as the pantyhose, with the plus of not really needing a garter belt. And you can still have to option of having them with back seams and full reinforced heels & toes! And are easy to find in most major department stores, dress shops and some speciality shops. For those women who have a dress code of having to wear hose even during summer, thigh highs are hard to beat. Stockings, well. There's nothing classier then real gartered stockings, either with or without the back seams and reinforced heels & toes. For that real classic "authentic look," you can't do any better then real garter stockings! Knee highs are nice, and can do in a pinch if you can't find or wear pantyhose, thigh highs or stockings! For those who like to wear long pants and jeans, but still want the look of the longer hose, knee highs can fit the bill, but they never quite did it for me? Trouser socks, are just like knee highs but are of a thicker material and aren't as sheer. But some do come with heels and toes built in like socks, and are for "everyday wear" and can last longer then the above mentioned types of hose. And trouser socks are mainly for closed toe shoes and boots, not so much for open toe shoes or sandals. But for that classic "school girl" look, trouser socks are perfect for a school girls' knee socks! jay_nyca1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

jay_nyca1

I love garters belts & stockings and they must be seamed stockings to go with it, I don't "care for thigh highs. The band becomes uncomfortable after a couple of hours" I wear pantyhose most days. I prefer light support in a Tan color. I wear pantyhose almost 16 hours day seven days a week I have ordered my Black Patent/Black Stiletto Heel D'orsay too.

Fashion Freedom for men!:smile:

WhyNotMenToo

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

I have worn pantyhose, thigh highs and bodystockings. I have to say that I like all of them. As I was reading before, all of them are great depending on the ocassion. I have never used stockings, but I would love to try them with a good garter belt. On the other hand, it is great to wear a bodystocking under your clothes, the feeling of having your body covered is great. I also would like to try fishnets which I have never tried.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

either stockings and a good 6 strap garter belt or some pantyhose, usually black for me

I'd love to wear a garter belt and seamed stockings too but where can I fine a garter belt in my size? I live in the U.S. and do you also wear the pantys with them? LOL

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!