Stockings pantyhose & thigh highs

Anita C.

What do you prefer wearing?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer wearing?

• Stockings
    • Pantyhose

I wear pantyhose most days. Mostly I prefer light support Coffee, off- black or jetblack in colour. I have some with seams although most are not. Occassionally I wear garters & stockings when I can find them l-o-n-g enough but don't care for thighhighs. . .The band becomes uncomfortable after a couple of hours. Whatcha think?

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stockings, sometimes made from tights, or stay ups. Fishnets when I can afford good quality, and always in the stocking variety. It's easier not to have to struggle to get the panty part of hose or tights over my hips and then just have the top of them roll down anyway. Garters and stockings make life easier. As for colour, black, black, and then black again. Darker being better, of course. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

YES! Even when I'm wearing my Stiletto sandals I wear pantyhose. I just don't like the way they feel on my feet without 'em!

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

• 1 month later...

As one of the very few males on this board who's open about wearing hosiery, I opt for pantyhose (my brand of choice is Calvin Klein), don't feel dressed without hose when at work. And I always make sure my hose matches my shoes and my outfits. As for garters and whatnot, never could quite get the hang of using them! :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 months later...

I'm also open on the board about wearing panty-hose daily. I haven't tried hose with a garter belt, but years ago I did wear hose hooked to a girdle. That's before panty-hose came on the market. I tried thigh-hi's a couple of times, but felt that the wide rubber top band was just too uncomfortable. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I rediscovered stockings at the end of last year and I don't know why I put up with tights for so long. Once you get used to the clasps, which only takes a few days, they are quicker and easier than tights and as a bonus, apparently some men go wild with desire at the sight of a stocking welt! And of course, being practical, if one stocking gets laddered you don't have to discard a complete pair. Because I'm tall I thought I might not be able to get stockings long enough for my shortest skirts but it hasn't been a problem, though for very short clothes it is necessary to have shortened suspender straps. I have a few pairs of hold-ups (thigh-highs) but they never really feel 'safe' so I usually only wear them with long clothes or trousers. I've also discovered fully-fashioned nylons, though they do need the slightly more fiddly eight-strap suspender. They feel wonderful, are very flattering, and again, drive some of the male population to distraction! What I've been missing out on all these years!

Since I live full time as a women since 9 months I feel I am entitled to contribute in the gals' section. I very rarely wear pantyhose because I find them ennoying to pull back up after having been to the ladies room. I mostly wear either stockings with garters (mostly plain 4 straps) under my underwear, so they remain in their original postion using in the bathroom. Or when I wear slacks in winter or ankle length skirts I wear the below the knee (cheap throw away) pull up nylons and never found them restrictive on my narrow calves. These combinations also allow much more essential fresh air around the genital area. Love, Laurence

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I wear pantyhose and thigh highs. I prefer the thigh highs over the panties. Sometimes I do wear the thigh highs all day and night. The only sad moment is when I have to undress to get myself washed in the morning and evening... CU! -Mike

Larry here. As much as I love my stilletos, The expierence is never complete with out wearing some form of nylons. I have them all. Thi hi's, Garters required, Knee hi's, all with re inforced toes and some full fashioned stockings. I just love the sexy look and feel of nylons on me feet and legs....Larry.

Love those heels!

• 7 months later...

I agree with the above post. Now that I own some heels, and I've tried them on with knee-highs, I've found that I prefer that style to female dress socks. I'll wear my strappy ankle-tie sandals with or without, but for sandals in general I prefer to go bare.

If I could find Thi-Hi's/Thi-Tops in nylon/lycra blend with reinforced toes, instead of just straight nylon...Unfortunately I haven't been able to. Panty hose doesn't have the right "feel" to me without lycra blended with the nylon in the legs (and it sags after a short time as well). I have never been able to find garter (suspender) stockings that were long enough to hook up to a garter belt or corset that rode where it was supposed to be at, being 6'3" tall, and somewhat long-legged. Sears Thi-Tops have always been long enough to ride at the very top of my thighs, but their garter stockings never went more than ~4-5" above my knees. Go figure. Just My Size is my preferred brand for pantyhose. I usually cut out the cotton crotch though. I did try a pair of "garter tights" for lack of a better description the other day. They were somewhat expensive, and no reinforcement in the toe, but man were they neat feeling. They have a waistband, and two straps going down to mid-thigh-hi stockings. I think the brand was Venezia. I also have several pairs of women's toe socks, and wear them quite often with my boots.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I'm starting to like knee-highs, I never thought I'd be much of a stocking person but alas... here I am. Is it a good idea to wear knee-highs under socks or should I not do that?

I wear just about every kind of hosery , I prefer sheer to waist pantyhose over control top , I also prefer garter stockings over stay ups or thi highs , as I don't like the bands on them , I also wear knee highs as well. I rarely wear any kind of sock per say , so hosery is about 95% of the time , except in the summer of course!

The other day, a curious co-worker asked how many pairs of pantyhose I own, so I gave her a little dissertation on the topic: Off-black: Five pairs, worn with my black, gray and olive pants Suntan: Five pairs, worn with my brown and navy pants Navy: Five pairs, worn with my navy pants Gray (tights): Two pairs, worn with my gray pants Olive (tights): Two pairs, worn with my olive pants Black (tights): Five pairs, my substitute for longjohns during winter Off-white: Five pairs, worn with my navy and olive pants (spring and summer only) Yes, I said all that to her. When I finished, she was suitably impressed with my skill with color coordination. She then chuckled and said she doesn't too many women who are so skilled. :P

JeffB:-)

Congrats! That was quite a compliment that your co-worker gave you.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Yeah! It sure was! She went on to say that some women she knew, including co-workers don't pay as much attention to their appearance as they should, something I found surprising, but then, we're not required to interact directly with the public, so there's no need to really dress up.

Of course, it's much different for me, having decided long ago that if I were going to wear women's shoes, especially pumps on a daily basis, my clothes would have to be every bit as nice, if not nicer than the shoes. And I had to make sure everything looked great, especially when it came to color coordination, thus all the different colors of pantyhose.

JeffB:-) Good for you. By dressing the way you do, you are supporting our movement more than you realize. Not only that, but it is boosting your self esteem tremendously and you are having great fun at the same time. Congrats! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 6 months later...

I've been wearing Flexes panties from Costco, a warehouse bulk store in the USA and Canada, and Leggs or Hanes pantyhose. The Flexes panties have a very nice feel to them.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

I still wear my L'eggs knee highs and trouser socks. I like the sheer look and feeling of knee high hose better than trouser socks, though, because trouser socks aren't usually as sheer. :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.