Daily Mail Articles

The shoes in the very first pic posted.. OMG! Get a lawn mower and kill those things! They are more hideous then pleaser pole dancer wear! They were probably like 800$ too!

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Yes, I knew that when I first saw the picture but I had to study it to see that. You have to admit that at first glance though...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I would LOVE to have been there. Im not one for air headed fake and bakers, but it would have been a GREAT knee down day. I would have whipped the film camera out for heel day like that! Coleen Rooney looks great in those Louboutins! I like all the women in the background of her pics are just teetering on the edge of any kind of stability, that kind of thing gets me looking!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Her nose is just a bit prominent but not so bad. What is bad is I can see the pointy toe design again and also I see a big gap at the middle of the shoe like it does not fit the shape of a foot. Something like that I could not wear for two tenths of an hour. From the same material we could have a shoe that fits.

I have a pair very similar to those n the Sun article. Big 3" platform so only really a 4" heel, quite common to see them nowadays as several shops in my area sell them. I like the fac the platform is concealed and allows lots more women to wear super high shoes regulary.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

• 1 month later...

Not to inject politics into this but did you read the comments on that last link? Most of the people complaining are upset that eventually some of these wearers will require medical assistance on their feet. This is a reason to reject socialized medicine like the UK has. You can have freedom or you can have government control. You cannot have both. Once you sell your freedom for government medical care, the bureaucrats control you including eventually passing rules or laws to restrict your choice of footwear. Read the comments on that story and tell me those people wouldn't fully support a ban on heels. It is coming if they can attribute medical expenses to this 'bad behavior.' That said, I don't think most of the commentors have ever even tried to wear heels like those. They are quite easy to walk in as the difference from toe to heel is only 3.5" The rest is platform. The woman modeling them is over-dramatizing the photos for the sake of an article. As someone else stated, most of the women (and men) that openly deride heels and heel-wearers are unable to walk in them and don't like the attention women (and men) that wear them receive. Simple jealousy.

Not to inject politics into this ...

You just have. Do you really believe what you have just said about our NHS? Do you really believe that tabloid comments like this actually represent anything remotely like UK health policy? The NHS has plenty of problems but refusal to treat some patients because they have contributed to their own problems is not one of them.

As for stories about people wearing shoes that are a bit too high for them. When you put somebody in shoes like this, that they have never tried before, It's hardly surprising if they have trouble staying upright. Either a bit of fun or typical tabloid "newspaper" material depending on your point of view.

"Do No Harm" is the hipporatic oath and it applies to the NHS just as much as it does to any other health body. The NHS will not refuse to treat anyone even if the injuries are self inflicted. Here in the UK we probably have more freedoms than in the US (for example you don't have to wait until 21 to drink beer). "Socialized medicine" is actually a good thing.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I would recommend Lynn Payer's book "Medicine and CUlture" for those who wish to understand the US, UK, French and German healthcare systems. http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/0805048030 I would also recommend Ben Goldacre's books "Bad Science" and "Bad Pharma". I have just started to read the latter and it's more than slightly scary.

Living in the US without adequate health insurance seems pretty scary to me. In the UK we count it as part of being a civilised society that young and old, poor and rich, sensible and stupid, all have access to a decent healthcare system. It's not perfect, some of it is frankly poor, but it's there when we need it without worrying about being able to pay

PS: If you think things are bad with conventional medicine I ought to add that most if not all "alternative" therapies have hardly been properly tested in any way that gives respectable evidence for their efficacy and side effects. This article isn't really about medicine but serves as an example of how belief can influence health: http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21628850.200-the-sickening-truth-about-wind-farm-syndrome.html

I was actually mortified that doctors here in the US no longer have to take the Hippocratic oath. Mainly because it is inconsistent with prescribing prescription poison.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I would recommend Lynn Payer's book "Medicine and CUlture" for those who wish to understand the US, UK, French and German healthcare systems. http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/0805048030 I would also recommend Ben Goldacre's books "Bad Science" and "Bad Pharma". I have just started to read the latter and it's more than slightly scary.

Living in the US without adequate health insurance seems pretty scary to me. In the UK we count it as part of being a civilised society that young and old, poor and rich, sensible and stupid, all have access to a decent healthcare system. It's not perfect, some of it is frankly poor, but it's there when we need it without worrying about being able to pay

PS: If you think things are bad with conventional medicine I ought to add that most if not all "alternative" therapies have hardly been properly tested in any way that gives respectable evidence for their efficacy and side effects. This article isn't really about medicine but serves as an example of how belief can influence health: http://www.newscient...m-syndrome.html

Don't be misled that "herbal" remedies are harmless either. Don't forget that most poisons are derived from plants.