my work heels

hi. i am home from work this week due to getting hit by a car on my bicycle, BTW, i am 45 yrs old. actually, i hit the car. she pulled out in front of me and i T boned her. i am very sore with just a broken finger. i told my wife it was a good thing i was not in as good a shape as i use to be otherwise i would have been going around 27-28 mph instead of 20. (i use to race bikes and after a few yrs off, i decided to get back in shape). so i thought i would post my "work heels" and the transformation from low to hi. one of the first pair i started wearing was called BORELLI SPORT. i still have a new "reserve" pair. when i find something i like and "works" (i can wear in public) i will buy several pair. the black ones are WESTIES. i picked up a reserve pair of them off ebay and have never worn them. the blk zodiac boot i actually tried to wear early o but a guy that i did not like would give me a hard time about my "pointy" boots. the brn HAVANNA JOE boots are very comfortable. these are my second pair. i picked them up used off ebay. i prefer used shoes to new. there have been a few others that i no longer have, but you get the gist of what was working for me.

post-10253-133522980154_thumb.jpg

post-10253-133522980165_thumb.jpg

post-10253-133522980175_thumb.jpg

post-10253-133522980183_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

here is my next phase. i found these BARE TRAPS and i thought life was good. they have about a 2.5 inch heel and did not look like woman's shoes. i have soooo many pairs of these i cant keep track. i have shoes and boots. boots with zippers, without, basically whatever i could find. whats better is my wife (of 22 yrs) liked them. my wife has not always cared for my habit, but has been understanding, although she has her limits and i dont push it.

post-10253-133522980191_thumb.jpg

post-10253-133522980202_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

i got these from victorias secrets i think. they are MISS SIXTY. i thought the heel height was going to work out well, for hiding purposes. but they turned out to be VERY loud when i walked in them, which is very bad. more on that later. i also found these SAM EDELMAN boots, but the same thing. i wound up with a size 9 AND a size 9 1/2. i bought both at the same time to try them on, but i could not decide what size. thinking i had time, i was in no hurry. turned out they company i ordered them from only gave you a week for returns. BTW, i am very particular on how my shoes fit. i like a very snug fit. that way as i wear them, they fit better. i still cant get my wife to buy shoes that are snug. after a little while, hers are too big and she says she should have gotten them smaller. oh, these were too loud too!! as a part time sound engineer, my ears kept telling me, these heels sound hollow. so i asked my shoe repair guy and in his foreign accent he says "no no no no". well, i finally took a pair and pulled the heel rubber off and guess what! HOLLOW! thats why they are so loud. so i took my latest buys and filled the heels with silicone, from home depot. then i put new rubber in the bottom. all my boots now have a solid, quieter clunk to them like a mans boot. you will find this, and the shape of the toe, to be the secret to getting away with wearing womans shoes in public. i wish i could find another pair of the MISS SIXTY BOOTS. life hit a new hi when i found these. they are LUCKY BRAND and i got them at belks. i have i think 2 prs brown and 3 in black.

post-10253-13352298021_thumb.jpg

post-10253-133522980217_thumb.jpg

post-10253-133522980225_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

by now i was really getting to the point that i wished everyone new so i could just wear what i wanted. so far i had the confidence to wear anything like this and i did and no one noticed. i had other shoes i was not wearing to work, like these. i wore these a lot outside of work. in fact, i have 2 other pair like these but they are not as tall. they are more like a shoe boot. well one pair i have about worn out. i tore down and rebuilt a garage in them. so, now in a while i would wear these to work. just on days i new i did not have a lot going on. oh, so far the only thing that has really been said to me was from a fairly new guy at work that i was getting to be friends with. i dont remember exactly what he said, but it was nothing said in a bad way. i just kinda blew it off. so at this point i figured they all new what i was wearing. just how far am i willing to go. BTW, these dont look hi but they are a great heel height, about 3 3/4.

post-10253-133522980264_thumb.jpg

so now i was getting frustrated because even though i have a LOT of shoes, i did not have much to wear out. so i went on a shopping spree. i had my own sales lady at dillards. i found a nice "old", but not too old, lady and dealt just with her. one of my trips i ended up telling they were for me so we did not have to pretend they were for someone else. that made things much nicer. so here is what i bought. my first pair of JESSICA SIMPSON boots. i have worn these to work a LOT. they were my main boot at first. then on fridays i would wear something more risky. like ENZO ANGIOLINI 9 WEST JESSICA S. the enzo wedge is one of my favorites, nut not good to wear in public. the last one, jessica "dee" has a beautiful toe but is a tad past my limit on height. i twisted my left ankle when i was a kid, not in heels, so it never healed right and i can only bend it so far....not as far as my right ankle. the lace up 9west are at my limit and have been my daily boots for a few weeks now, with an occasional rotation of the enzos or dee.

post-10253-133522980328_thumb.jpg

post-10253-133522980348_thumb.jpg

post-10253-133522980355_thumb.jpg

post-10253-133522980363_thumb.jpg

here are some other new ones that i have worn to work" another LUCKY BRAND. i HAD to have these, but have not worn them much. i have them on now though. VINCE CAMUTO. another had to have but now wish i had kept this other pair of wedges. i picked up this JESSICA because it was in sale. i also have it in black, but have not worn them yet. i got them because they are VERY similar to the first jessicas above that i wear all the time, which i do have a backup pair of. oh, that last jessica above was on sale at belks. again, awesome and beautiful boot. i bought a second pair but took them back because.......i cant believe i am saying this.....they are too hi. i dont think i will get to wear them enough to need 2 pair. i forgot the last ones. my TRIVIA's! i have had these a looong time, but again, the heel noise was to feminine to wear them until now.

post-10253-133522980374_thumb.jpg

post-10253-133522980386_thumb.jpg

post-10253-133522980393_thumb.jpg

post-10253-1335229804_thumb.jpg

here is one of my "friday" pair of shoes. i have had these a long time but did not wear them that much. i pulled them out a while back an realized they have a toe that i could get away with, very similar to this next special pair of boots. these are my BAKERS. one of my favorite brands. you might say these started it all. the toe is very masculine so they dont look like womans boots, the heel is thick, and they did not make a lot of noise when walking. a few years ago i was out of town for work. i wore these EVERY day or over month, 18 hours a day. these have a 4 1/2 inch heel. like this girl told me once, its the first 30 minutes that are rough, these followed that rule. i forgot these BAKERS. i only wore them to work a few times, but i did wear them camping. they are higher than they look.

post-10253-133522980407_thumb.jpg

post-10253-133522980414_thumb.jpg

post-10253-133522980421_thumb.jpg

here is more on my heel mod. what i do next is fill in the rest with quick set epoxy, just to seal it in. then i use contact cement, or sometimes epoxy, to glue new rubber heels on. another thing i have started doing, or wearing, is womans jeans. i have been losing weight so i needed jeans anyway, plus, my levis sit low on my waist, making my crotch hang down so i wanted a lower cut jean. so i tried on a pair at walmart and i was AMAZED at the fit AND the comfort. the jeans are thinner and somewhat stretchy. another bonus is, they are not as "flared" at the bottom, IE, i could get straight leg, so the way the pants fit over my boots looks better. one thing about wearing heels, the higher they are, the less of your toe that sticks out past your jeans, so with these jeans, they are long enough to cover my heels but show more toe. not to mention my wife, and lady friend that was staying with us, say my butt looks better. the mens jeans were just too baggy in the butt and legs. the jeans dont look fem AT ALL. i am not a fem kinda guy even though i like to heels. i have NEVER like any jeans except levis. they stopped making my favorites in the late 80's or early 90's, but i love the way these walmart jeans fit, and they are cheap! get the mid rise jeans

post-10253-133522980429_thumb.jpg

here is one of my "friday" pair of shoes. i have had these a long time but did not wear them that much. i pulled them out a while back an realized they have a toe that i could get away with, very similar to this next special pair of boots.

these are my BAKERS. one of my favorite brands. you might say these started it all. the toe is very masculine so they dont look like womans boots, the heel is thick, and they did not make a lot of noise when walking.

a few years ago i was out of town for work. i wore these EVERY day or over month, 18 hours a day.

these have a 4 1/2 inch heel. like this girl told me once, its the first 30 minutes that are rough, these followed that rule.

i forgot these BAKERS. i only wore them to work a few times, but i did wear them camping. they are higher than they look.

The ankle boots you wea are very similar to the sort of heels i wear out regularly. They don't get too much attention but are clearly heels. I do like some of your boots you have posted.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

here are some at work. some of these i am sitting at other peoples desks. they are on the other side and cant see me taking some of these pics. some pics are at my desk which is kinda isolated. the last 2 are my 9west that i have been wearing a lot. i was at lunch with the guy that said something a long time ago. we were talking about weight loss. we were comparing weight to height, then he said, "but wait, your wearing 4 inch heels". he did not mean it in a bad way, in fact, i was glad he said it. i just said we dont talk about that right now. it sucks winter is over. now back to tennis shoes, although i have a very nice pair of womans steel shoes from WERX. i also have a new pair of sketchers. some more at work. people are in the room but cant see this side of the desk. my avatar: i had to go into work at night when no one else was there. i got those for around $15. i could not resist. i had on jeans, i just pulled them up for the pic. and i took my time getting my work done.

post-10253-133522980441_thumb.jpg

post-10253-133522980447_thumb.jpg

post-10253-13352298045_thumb.jpg

post-10253-133522980453_thumb.jpg

post-10253-133522980455_thumb.jpg

post-10253-133522980479_thumb.jpg

post-10253-133522980486_thumb.jpg

post-10253-133522980499_thumb.jpg

here is another pair that i HAD to have. even though they are not hi, they look really good. these came from dillards. i had to call all over the state to find a store that had my size. most boots i am a 9, these are a 9 1/2. bakers are 8 1/2, one pair is an 8. i can tell my taste for shoes has changed, or at least what i buy. now i look more for what i can wear in public. chunky heels and round toes work better.

post-10253-133522980504_thumb.jpg

the ones in the middle are good ones to wear. they are like my jessica simpsons, but lower. check 6pmshoes for them. (may be 6pm.com).

Thanks for sharing some of your collection with us heels2u. Many of your lower heeled boots in the 2-3" range are very similar to what I wear to work. I wear higher heels while away from work, but I still haven't got up the nerve to go much past 2.5" heels while at work, but seriously good for you for doing that.

HEELS2U, I must say that I shop at Bakers a lot and never recall seeing such a boot. What a find! They truly look like a boot you'd see someone riding a bike with, and there are lots of people on bikes in Wisconsin, the home of Harley. It could be the stores I normally shop just never carried them. I'm glad you are happy with them! Rock on!! HappyinHeels:wavey:

• 2 weeks later...

Love the progerssion. What time period did you take to go from the 1-1.5" heels up to the 4"+? I'm pondering doing something similar. I'm looking for boots similar to you third post on this thread, and they're really hard to find in US Women's 12. I did manage to find a pair at Alonai.com. They're on the way now. A review at Amazon panned them as poorly made, so we'll see.

http://www.alonai.com/tienda-a/AM309SOFTMARRON/ficha/Andres-Machado-Big-Tall-Womens-BROWN-Soft-Boots.html

A big thanky you for all these posts. How did you find back all the photos of the oldies ? I went through the same evolution, but I am not able to find great shoes as easily as you, I mean what size do you wear ? Also I am still not able to tell it to my wife. How does yours feel about it all ? Regards

here is more on my heel mod.

what i do next is fill in the rest with quick set epoxy, just to seal it in. then i use contact cement, or sometimes epoxy, to glue new rubber heels on.

another thing i have started doing, or wearing, is womans jeans.

i have been losing weight so i needed jeans anyway, plus, my levis sit low on my waist, making my crotch hang down so i wanted a lower cut jean. so i tried on a pair at walmart and i was AMAZED at the fit AND the comfort. the jeans are thinner and somewhat stretchy. another bonus is, they are not as "flared" at the bottom, IE, i could get straight leg, so the way the pants fit over my boots looks better. one thing about wearing heels, the higher they are, the less of your toe that sticks out past your jeans, so with these jeans, they are long enough to cover my heels but show more toe.

not to mention my wife, and lady friend that was staying with us, say my butt looks better. the mens jeans were just too baggy in the butt and legs.

the jeans dont look fem AT ALL. i am not a fem kinda guy even though i like to heels.

i have NEVER like any jeans except levis. they stopped making my favorites in the late 80's or early 90's, but i love the way these walmart jeans fit, and they are cheap! get the mid rise jeans

Hi HEELS2U, you have a really great collection of shoes. :)

In the message I quoted, I noticed you have attached some small tabs or something to the heel - what exactly are these, and has this method of noise reduction worked well for you?

Regards